Random

The word active needs to be debated, do you mean people who actually log in an play? If yes, then it is possible to calculated, simply go and look at the alliance pyramid tree, that gives you a rough estimate of the VIPs, minus a good 20% who are ex-VIP still in alliances (mostly inactive). If you get that figure, at the most it is x5 (non paying clients).

I would give a rough estimate there is 400-300ish old school VIPs left, maybe 300 new ones per year (i know that from the recruiting i do), plus the non-paying players. If i was going to give a guess of total players who log in at least 2 times per month (i say 2 because there are new people who log in once and never log in again), then i would say we have around 3000-2500ish players. Realistically 200-300 are more or less regulars and less than 50% of those log in to forums regularly. Actually actively invested players it is very small though, you can see that from the orgs, how many ultra active orgs do we have? 20? Less?

• Upvote 1

It's just sad that a lot of managers do not use the forums. Tourneys and other deals that can be done here (partnerships, superfights, smack talks etc.) make the game more interesting. Anyway, I'm still enjoying the game more than ever. Hopefully we get more managers to be active in the forums soon.

At it's core i also enjoy the game, despite the lack of interest from the admin and the overall lack of activity. The game does what it is suppose to do, there is enough strategy involved in the fighting game and the org and business side is about as good as you can get. I highly doubt we will see a surge in activity though, i think games like this are very niche, but it could be pretty stable if management does not make some crazy changes that can totally piss off the last remaining vets.

At it's core i also enjoy the game, despite the lack of interest from the admin and the overall lack of activity. The game does what it is suppose to do, there is enough strategy involved in the fighting game and the org and business side is about as good as you can get. I highly doubt we will see a surge in activity though, i think games like this are very niche, but it could be pretty stable if management does not make some crazy changes that can totally piss off the last remaining vets.

it would be nice if mike did something to entice some inactive members to come back to the game. maybe free vip, just something to jump start the game again

Well, as long as 'El Presidente' can't be bothered, why would we...?

" Posted by Mike Tycoon, 01:37 PM No not abandoned at all. A lot of it is done. In the interest of openness though, I am currently spending all my time working on VIP features for Bet MMA. It should be a couple of weeks max till that's done, then I'll be back on Tycoon stuff. "

AND

"At the moment I try and make extra money by tipping fights and betting, because Tycoon doesn't make enough to live off, but if I have a steady income with zero effort from Bet MMA it should be a good thing for Tycoon and the amount of time I can spend on it. "

Yeah right... and Pamela Anderson her boobs are natural.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The game needs updates, even if it's just cosmetic. The pages and graphics are garbage. If I was logging in for the first time, I would think this is some sort of scam.

I've seen Geocities websites that looked better than this site.

I've wait until the last 3 days to re-up my VIP the last 3 times I've renewed. Like a lot of managers, the time I put into my roster is the only reason I'm staying. It's hard to be active and build rivalries because only a few managers are active in that sense, and even fewer have any imagination

MMATycoon is only running because it's the only online MMA management simulator with any sort of following.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, someone could easily steal this market with any sort of decent simulator and forum. At this point, I'd be happy to see someone buy Mike out and push this game forward. There's a lot of people willing to help who have a background in IT or graphic design

• Upvote 6

The game needs updates, even if it's just cosmetic. The pages and graphics are garbage. If I was logging in for the first time, I would think this is some sort of scam.

I've seen Geocities websites that looked better than this site.

I've wait until the last 3 days to re-up my VIP the last 3 times I've renewed. Like a lot of managers, the time I put into my roster is the only reason I'm staying. It's hard to be active and build rivalries because only a few managers are active in that sense, and even fewer have any imagination

MMATycoon is only running because it's the only online MMA management simulator with any sort of following.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, someone could easily steal this market with any sort of decent simulator and forum. At this point, I'd be happy to see someone buy Mike out and push this game forward. There's a lot of people willing to help who have a background in IT or graphic design

Exactly. The potential of this game is so high.

I've been in this game for a very long time. No less than about 3-4 months ago, basically at the start of the year I was heavily contemplating on just letting my fighters rot and run out VIP time not even bothering to log in - first time ever where I felt like I just stopped caring about playing this game, and I probably spend at most less than hour per week on it. I chose not to but just to limit how much time I put into the game for a bit over the next couple months. Interestingly I somewhat found myself semi-interested again and created a new fighter while laying off other ones.

The motivation to play this game isn't the same. There needs to be more changes overall to cause some interest. Maybe it means a shakeup in balance so that a certain type of fighter is more prevalent and changes the meta, maybe it's some radical new features, maybe just an overhaul on actual appearance and aesthetic to the site itself. But as it stands, the game is obviously stagnating, more and more managers stopped caring and the numbers keep dwindling.

I'm for this if it means active development. I'm willing to take the risk and see what can happen.

• Upvote 1

I think you guys are way over dramatic about this but I've been playing for a short time, maybe when the novelty wears off I'll agree with you?

IMO the game is awesome and it only needs minor adjustments. mostly making knees and elbows more effective in the clinch than punches - this would be realistic and would change the whole dynamic of the game and add new layers of depth to fighter creation and development.

• Upvote 3

I think something that would help a lot is if we were somehow able to move away from the "official org threads" and have it somehow implemented into the main part of the website, easier to access. Or maybe encourage org updates and news in a way where it's easier and quicker to access, tied to your tycoon account and more aesthetically pleasing.

Another thing that would be cool is to allow another type of company - MMA Media Source. Where it allows you to create a news/media company that covers fights, fighters and orgs/other companies. - That could create a lot of exposure and bring some excitement to the game

• Upvote 2

I think you guys are way over dramatic about this but I've been playing for a short time, maybe when the novelty wears off I'll agree with you?

IMO the game is awesome and it only needs minor adjustments. mostly making knees and elbows more effective in the clinch than punches - this would be realistic and would change the whole dynamic of the game and add new layers of depth to fighter creation and development.

I partially agree with you on the part about elbows and knees. I think they might need tweaked a bit, but not necessarily more than punches...

I think something that would help a lot is if we were somehow able to move away from the "official org threads" and have it somehow implemented into the main part of the website, easier to access. Or maybe encourage org updates and news in a way where it's easier and quicker to access, tied to your tycoon account and more aesthetically pleasing.

Another thing that would be cool is to allow another type of company - MMA Media Source. Where it allows you to create a news/media company that covers fights, fighters and orgs/other companies. - That could create a lot of exposure and bring some excitement to the game

While I am not sure I agree with the MMA Media Source as a new business (I suppose that would depend on the popularity of the idea, just doesn't do it for me, but whatever) But new businesses relating to the sport would be cool. Some tweaks to existing businesses might also be in order.

I partially agree with you on the part about elbows and knees. I think they might need tweaked a bit, but not necessarily more than punches...

While I am not sure I agree with the MMA Media Source as a new business (I suppose that would depend on the popularity of the idea, just doesn't do it for me, but whatever) But new businesses relating to the sport would be cool. Some tweaks to existing businesses might also be in order.

if implemented properly could be a really good idea and company.

• Upvote 4

I agree with making knees and elbows more effective in the clinch. Punches should not be the most effective thing in the clinch. Slightly tweak elbows and knees in the clinch because punches basically aren't that effective compared to knees and elbows in real fights. It's mostly rabbit punches aside from a few good uppercuts up the middle and select fighters that know how to position right for the uppercut to be effective in the clinch.

• Upvote 1

I agree with making knees and elbows more effective in the clinch. Punches should not be the most effective thing in the clinch. Slightly tweak elbows and knees in the clinch because punches basically aren't that effective compared to knees and elbows in real fights. It's mostly rabbit punches aside from a few good uppercuts up the middle and select fighters that know how to position right for the uppercut to be effective in the clinch.

From a realistic POV they definitely should be more effective than punches - if you have a muay thai advantage. Even uppercuts in the clinch are useless against legit muay thai skills. There is just no way you can get any leverage to throw punches from the clinch if your opponent is off-balancing you and twisting you from one side to the other. It's just a huge no-no.

if your opponent grabs you in a clinch you must immediately posture and grab him as well be in the arms or the neck. if you let him grab you and advance position you will get kneed in the face. so no one should be worried about throwing punches from the clinch in the first place.

Of course I'm talking about straight up muay thai clinch. in mma with the posibility of underhooks and takedowns things can change and you don't ever see examples of what I'm saying because MMA fighters don't know or don't use the muay thai clinch. But if you have a Muay Thai primary advantage and are about even on Wrestling then you should be able to f*** someone up with knees and elbows from the clinch.

• Upvote 1

I would have never thought of something like this but it is such a great idea. This is what people like the most about MMA these days anyway.

if it generated good money then companies would pay a few K's to cover a fighter or an org or a specific event and provide big hype boosts. it wouldn't change anything financially for the big managers but other people would crave the extra money - especially noobs - and it could generate more interest for the "rivalry" type of thing.

• Upvote 1