Max out cardio/strength OR other physicals?

MasterLeader

30 members have voted

1. 1. What works better?

• Maximise cardio and strength at the start
    • Maximise cardio but spread the rest of the points across non-strength physicals
    • Maximise other physicals and work cardio/strength up from zero

Probably been discussed in various threads but didn't find anything from a 5 min browse.

Having come back to MMA Tycoon after a 2.5 year layoff, I have started revisiting my approach.

I remember i used to create a fighter with decent physicals but useless strength and abysmal cardio and then spend the first few weeks training just weights / cardio (e.g. 75% weights / 25% cardio (muscle bulk) then 25% cardio / 75% weights (increase stamina)). This seemed to work well as i could use the nutrition supplements alongside training.

I was never a world class manager but i did once reach the top 30 in the world due to overall consistency but no real stars - not sure i ever had a fighter in the top 100.

To refine my approach, i'm wondering if it's better to start with 78 strength and 110 cardio to allow my fighter to maximise his productivity as he'll be less tired?

Alternatively - does anyone do 110 cardio and then spread the rest across non-strength physicals and do weights + muscle bulk at the first stages?

I am currently doing point (1) below and then spending 2 sessions a week on circuit training on top of all the usual skills training - is this reasonable?

To summarise, what works better?:

1. Maximise cardio and strength at the start

2. Maximise cardio but spread the rest of the points across non-strength physicals

3. Maximise other physicals and work cardio/strength up from zero

The way I see it, the starting strength should always be 1 simply because it's the easiest stat to raise.

With cardio, I think it's about how quickly you want to fight - if you plan to work on the project fighter for a year, he won't fight until he has ~sensational across physicals anyway, so you might as well start with max conditioning not to have to train it.

If you want to fight instantly, then high conditioning is rather necessary.

But then there's the in-the-middle interval, where it's relatively efficient to start with max-main-physical-stat, dump the rest in conditioning, and then spend a week getting the conditioning to max, get strength up in two more weeks, and have a reasonably combat-ready fighter from the physical stats point of view.

Yeah Im thinking max cardio and another non strength physical might be the way to go.

Its harder to train a skill from 40-70 than it is from 0-30 therefore I imagine you dont want to spread allocation too much.

So for a BJJ guy I guess cardio + speed (takedowns)

Boxing I guess cardio + agility (striking effectiveness)

Wrestling cardio + speed (takedowns)

Muay Thai cardio + speed (quicker clinches and overall quickness) or agility (striking improvements)

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

I'm also back (after 6 years off), and the idea back then was:

Car/STR - 10/1

Based off of (what was known at the time) Cardio/Weights/Yoga not being hindered at all by class size or energy level....meaning, your fighter could be doing Cardio at say 56%, and still gain at the same rate as 100%. So it was set and forget for 2 weeks, then repeat with Weights. Also, it was known to be faster than doing Circuits. I tested it once, and indeed it was...at the time.

Also known then, was Weights bumped Speed up considerably. So Speed wasn't something to dump a ton into.

Shiv was the first I saw do 109-110 into Cardio on creation. He wanted to take advantage of fast learning speed in those first 2 weeks, and deal with Cardio through Circuits later on, or mix them in later. Itested that way as well, but preferred 10/1 still. That was like '09/'10 or so. Many changes since then.

Now I'm back, and I do 109 into Cardio to get more sessions in right out the gate...because Cardio/Weights is boring. Also, I'll sprinkle those into a normal routine as realistically as possible (yes, I'm a personal trainer lol) cuz it's just ridiculous to do nothing but Weights for a week straight haha.

One thing I noticed is how much faster the Physicals raise just from training Secondaries. I don't recall it ever being like that before.

I do max cardio and the rest goes into agility; I've heard speed is slower to increase than others, but it also gets a small boost from all the strength training that will follow.

Definitely Agility since it's a huge impact on Striking and Strike D

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...