This is a Big & Easily implemented improvement!

Mooncutter

When you're on the ground, and pass opponents full guard into side control, it should read SIDE CONTROL in giant read letters, like with KNOCKDOWN, or TAKEDOWN. This would make the ground game much more interesting & it doesn't require any changes in the fight engine! Very easily implemented!!!! =)

• Upvote 2

There would be a case then for each transition to be read, and having big letters for everything would just be an absolute mess.

Right now it's nice because it's only for important things such as Knockdowns, Rocked, Clinch/Break Clinch, Takedowns, Standups, Subs and Reversals. Each of those has an important bearing on a fight, and while transitions also have an effect on the fight, it's not of as much magnitude as those currently implemented.

• Upvote 1

When you're on the ground, and pass opponents full guard into side control, it should read SIDE CONTROL in giant read letters, like with KNOCKDOWN, or TAKEDOWN. This would make the ground game much more interesting & it doesn't require any changes in the fight engine! Very easily implemented!!!! =)

Except there is half guard before side control most of the time unless there is a huge difference in talent.

• 2 weeks later...

There would be a case then for each transition to be read, and having big letters for everything would just be an absolute mess.

Wouldn't need to be in giant letters, or a mess. It would read just like TGWC, except without points. And the code obviously already exists, because TGWC.

But not a priority impovement. I can live without it.

• 2 weeks later...

I like it. Good idea.

Why side control? Why not Mount? Would it not be more like the reversal one? For instance IMPROVED POSITION. I am not saying that I agree with your wanting it implemented, but was curious as to your choice for which one you wanted to see.

Obviously Mount is also something you would want to indicate in the same way since it is even better than side control. I say put them both in large colored writing when these positions are achieved because they are fight ending positions and very dominant as far as the ground game goes.

• Upvote 2