WMMA4 / World of Mixed Martial Arts 4

Lukkearthur

How is wmma4 compared to 3? I played 3 a ton back in the day but I lost it when my pc died.

Hadn't noticed any big difference to the fight engine, mostly design changes. Probably the biggest convenience is the "auto-renegotiate" function which basically automatically resends a contract offer to a fighter that's about to finish his current contract with your org. Another thing I noticed is some performance improvements. If you play with a mod that has 2000+ fighters it used to lag a bit on my computer, now with about the same amount of fighters/orgs/companies it runs smoother.

I would actually recommend buying it. It's not extremely expensive and it is a lot of fun, but like Adam from Holland mentioned, it lacs the social aspect of the game that would make it a lot less monotonic.

I do not think that WMMA4 is a serious upgrade over WMMA3, a lot of the biggest issues were not solved and instead on working on the obvious weaknesses such as the thin database, speed issues, the time you spent renewing deals, the amount of clicks you need to take to do things etc, more time was spent on design and although that is more appealing, i cannot say it is a huge improvement. The tournaments are also out of the game as well and that sucks. I think this was the only time Adam (the programmer of the game) actually created a newer version which was not a serious upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not think that WMMA4 is a serious upgrade over WMMA3, a lot of the biggest issues were not solved and instead on working on the obvious weaknesses such as the thin database, speed issues, the time you spent renewing deals, the amount of clicks you need to take to do things etc, more time was spent on design and although that is more appealing, i cannot say it is a huge improvement. The tournaments are also out of the game as well and that sucks. I think this was the only time Adam (the programmer of the game) actually created a newer version which was not a serious upgrade.

with all you guys were saying about 4 not being a major upgrade over 3, I bought 3 last night plus since it's older it's $10 cheaper.

So how did you like it?

I like it, I'm just trying to get used to it.

I've put like 400+ hours into WMMA3. It's what I play when I'm bored of other games.

Thought about getting WMMA 4 but it doesnt sound like much. Would really like to see another good MMA simulator to get made soon. WMMA3 is great in a lot of ways, but has a ton of hangups and issues. Plus, the creator Adam Ryland doesnt take criticism well and has always kind of seemed like a douche when he talks to end users.

Did I read that WMMA 4 had a multiplayer mode? How does that work?

Adam

I've put like 400+ hours into WMMA3. It's what I play when I'm bored of other games.

Thought about getting WMMA 4 but it doesnt sound like much. Would really like to see another good MMA simulator to get made soon. WMMA3 is great in a lot of ways, but has a ton of hangups and issues. Plus, the creator Adam Ryland doesnt take criticism well and has always kind of seemed like a douche when he talks to end users.

Did I read that WMMA 4 had a multiplayer mode? How does that work?

The multiplayer is not easy to use, i never tried it but from what i remember it is a pain in the ass to make it work and yeah, Adam is not the most flexible of admin's but at least he is professional and puts the time into his work. TEW 16 is by far his best product though and has improved steadily with every incarnation. I cannot say the same about WMMA though and his other games are not as good.

The reason is he has a very small developer team and he doesnt get enough income to hire someone to help him full time. If he focuses on one game it could work, but he has so many and it takes time. Thats why i advise everyone who tried out a crscked version, buy the full thing. You cant imagine how much it helps a growing developer.

• Upvote 1

Adam

The multiplayer is not easy to use, i never tried it but from what i remember it is a pain in the ass to make it work and yeah, Adam is not the most flexible of admin's but at least he is professional and puts the time into his work. TEW 16 is by far his best product though and has improved steadily with every incarnation. I cannot say the same about WMMA though and his other games are not as good.

I've thought about getting into TEW 16. I used to love wrestling games but I stopped playing when I stopped watching.

Would you recommend it for someone who's not that into wrestling anymore?

The reason is he has a very small developer team and he doesnt get enough income to hire someone to help him full time. If he focuses on one game it could work, but he has so many and it takes time. Thats why i advise everyone who tried out a crscked version, buy the full thing. You cant imagine how much it helps a growing developer.

I didnt realize he was basically working alone.

Despite my opinion of him, I'd definitely still support. I dont need to like a guy to appreciate his work

I've thought about getting into TEW 16. I used to love wrestling games but I stopped playing when I stopped watching.

Good question. I'd want to know this too. Just started playing WMMA4. I don't mind it. The new character generator, when it adds new fighters into your playthrough, doesn't always work because it adds guys with missing avatars a lot despite a huge database filled with unused pics. Loading screens are a bitch, and the fights, not quite as entertaining/organizes as mmatycoon... and the recuperation... I highly suggest going to mass editor (something I wish I did before I started my game) and putting every fighters recuperation on 90-100%. Some dudes take 2-3 months off after an easy win.

Well, there is a bit of a learning curve to this game, that is for sure. You have to get used to the "product" your company has on offer and it can be a little tedious dealing with backstage issues, turning workers and changing gimmicks and stuff like that. You most certainly need to understand things like the things i mentioned (kayfabe, heels, faces, gimmicks) and things like that to even understand what to do. I think that if you never watched wrestling and do not understand how that business works, it will be tough to get into this.

If you want to simplify it and remove some of those things, you can do so and focus purely on booking and pushing/burying talent. Essentially it is like WMMA, where you "cheat", in other words you decide who will win and who will become the next star. The interesting thing is where you can make a mistake on who to push or some of your workers could end up having more downside's than you think, or they could be a jerk backstage, causing havoc to the whole roster. You also have random events (such as a worker becoming a drug addict or someone being caught with hookers) and all these things play a massive role to the future of the company.

I also like things like "creating a product", which basically means deciding the style of your company and you can decide what type of product each country / region, prefers. You also have things like TV deals, PPV, talent exchanges, creating dojo's etc. It is a huge database in comparison to WMMA, you feel like things are happening all the time and the best part of it is that you can essentially edit everything in the game. It is one of those games that i suggest reading the manual to grasp some of the main concepts + get used to booking a card. It is also not one of those games you can play it in a relaxed state of mind, you have to dig into it and concentrate a little, plan ahead of time. I also love the generic world as well in this game, a lot of thought was put into it. Without much doubt this is Adam's best piece of work and WMMA is not close, but it is a niche product, something only wrestling fans (or in my case ex-fans) can appreciate.