What are you currently listening to?

Jerry Garcia Band, Cats Under the Stars

and yes, some people call me a fucking hippie

but I'm not, I love meat, and girls that shave, plus brush my teeth, wear clean clothes, have a job etc etc etc

• 3 weeks later...
Jerry Garcia Band, Cats Under the Stars

and yes, some people call me a fucking hippie

but I'm not, I love meat, and girls that shave, plus brush my teeth, wear clean clothes, have a job etc etc etc

I'm definitely down with some JGB.

Just saw the Dead a few weeks ago.

But I'm just as much into hardcore, punk, reggae, jazz, folk, etc.

Can't seem to get enough of The Distillers and Gypsy Bordello these days.

Dust In the Wind

Let It Be

Every Breath You Take

Why am I listening to this crap??

Because I'm learning to play the guitar.....finger picking right now. Gotta start someplace.

:band:

I've been there. Play for a year and it's going to be stairway to heaven. Redemption song is also a good one. Mwuhah!

Dust In the Wind

Let It Be

Every Breath You Take

Why am I listening to this crap??

Because I'm learning to play the guitar.....finger picking right now. Gotta start someplace.

:band:

Good luck buddy, I've been playing for a couple years now and by far finger picking is one of the most difficult aspects--right up there with building the finger strength to play barre chords. BTW--Dust in the wind is not crap! Actually I think of Dust in the Wind as more of an intermediate song. Hotel California and Layla are relatively easy and of course House of the Rising Sun you could probably get in a day.

Currently Incubus- Black Heart Inertia and King of Leon- Sex is on Fire...

Good luck buddy, I've been playing for a couple years now and by far finger picking is one of the most difficult aspects--right up there with building the finger strength to play barre chords. BTW--Dust in the wind is not crap! Actually I think of Dust in the Wind as more of an intermediate song. Hotel California and Layla are relatively easy and of course House of the Rising Sun you could probably get in a day.

Currently Incubus- Black Heart Inertia and King of Leon- Sex is on Fire...

Thanks for the encouragement!

Truth be told, I'm more likely to spend time with the acoustic (an Alvarez RD8) that I bought for not a lot of money just to see if I liked guitar than I am with my electric (Gretsch G5235 Electromatic Pro Jet w/ a fender SuperChamp amp) that I paid quite a bit more for once I realized I like guitar. I dabbled with drums and piano over the years - I'm a late bloomer.

I've never been much into metal or harder music, and certainly not techno or rap / hip-hop (which doesn't mean I don't like it, it's just not my "thing"). I get pretty hyper and aggravated with normal life, I use music to keep myself calm. I mostly want to learn a lot of 60's and 70's singer/songwriter tunes: Eagles, Croce......I could listen to Van Morrison all day, every day.

When it comes to the electric, however, my goal is to play just one song in my life that sounds like this cat. (the solo begins at 1:02):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaryPqIAViM

last 5 songs

Tanita Tikaram - Twist in my sobriety

Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy

Foreigner - Urgent

Musical Youth - Pass the Dutchie

a-ha - Take On Me

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ghet-toes

Currently Listening to - Limp Bizkit - Full Nelson

Last few songs

Mef Man and Fred Durst - Shut the fuck up

Method Man - Blackout

Trae - I'm an Asshole

• 1 month later...

Anberlin - Feel good Drag

thank god I found out about grooveshark.com. I dropped my ipod down a sewer today and I was dying without being able to listen to music today at work. God bless the internets.