again, the clutter... OTY

Rambo

C'mon.....

Too many awards that shouldn't exist. Equivalent to participation trophies. Not enough active users for so many awards, and it just clutters the good shit with a bunch of nonsense.

For one... we could simplify something with...

"Rookie of the Year" - this constitutes any rookie manager who pops up in that year. Best New Manager OTY needs to be simplified...

and let's get rid of a bunch of the other crap.

1. Breakthrough Manager OTY
  2. Forumer OTY
  3. Game Contributor OTY
  4. Designer of the Year OTY
  5. CEO OTY
  6. Breakthrough Fighter OTY
  7. Fight Character OTY

"but I like forumer of the year I think its good for game"

I understand why you have some of these things and how they popped up - in an attempt to stir up interest and competition and hopefully get people to become involved with the forum and the RP aspects of Fight Character, write ups, etc... it doesn't work. These awards don't generate any extra interest, participation, or activity in any element of the game from anybody that wouldn't be participating in it in the first place. They're clutter and needs to be cleansed imo as they take away potential attention from the awards that should actually be in the game. People go to OTY thing and see 35+ new threads with a bunch of nonsense like "Forumer of the Year" "CEO OTY" lol...

instead of having 10+ threads for Fighter OTY nominations per W/C... just make Fighter OTY (W/C) topic... and have everybody post the (w/c) + (fighter)

i.e.

265 - Fidel Puno

205 - Taj al Din

185 - Matt Murdock

170 - Ben Stone

155 - etc

etc. like a ballad or some shit. if we had 30+ people replying per w/c thread I can see maybe keep it separated for organization purposes, but atm I feel like it's just a giant clusterfuck, for the 4th-5th year in a row. just create a ballad format like the one above, and go from there.

OTY Awards

Alliance

Fighter

Fighter W/C

KT Fighter

Org

Event

Fight OTY

KO OTY

Sub OTY

Poster

Nutrition/Clothing Company

Writer

Smack Talker

that's like 20 awards by itself after w/c. could add things like avatar and logo.

anyway, GL w/ another clusterfuck. think should just do Mike a favor and get rid of half of that crap.

#rantover

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

my point being it would be nice to go to OTY awards and it not look like a total cluster fuck with a bunch of meaningless participation trophies piled in there. I think it would help the casual / non-forum go-er to navigate, vote, and possibly participate in nominations. It's pretty easy for somebody who's never even signed in to this game to navigate the fighter rankings and figure out potential candidates - that don't apply to most of the other stuff.

• Upvote 2

I agree with you. I think you've missed Manager of the Year from your post though.

Also, similarly to the Fighter of the Year (w/c) award, you could have nominations for KO / Sub and Fight of the Year in one thread.

agreed, and yeah, I missed that. MOTY makes sense. should be there. lot of that other shit just needs to go.

sincerely,

2016 Forumer of the Year

first year so im not quite used to all the awards but ill keep what chris said in mind that its a cluster. though to be fair i only really care about one award that i might win or at the very least should be considered and thats new player of the year or whatever they call it. i just call me the self proclaimed newbie of the year.