1. 1. Alliance of the Year 2015

• Convicted Inc
    • The Cage Cartel
    • The Highland Network
    • Droogs: Ultraviolence
    • The Broken Halo Pride
    • Vendetta
    • Legion of Doom

How people can say LOD is a joke is outrageous! Since starting this game within a week i was messaged by Mentor Corleone and haven't been alone since. No matter what question i have asked anyone in the alliance i have been helped and everyone has been nothing but polite and kind and more than happy to help! LOD help the newbies more than anyone and aint that whats very important to this game! Getting new blood into the game is one of the biggest things for this game so why criticise a alliance which goes well out of their own way to help newbies find there feet and run a more than helpful forum for newbies so they dont get bored and quit after a month is beyond me! If it wasnt for the help from Lod and another person not within LOD i wouldn't be on this game. I will never leave LOD and they should of been in the poll from day one in my opinion!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

One of those Gwad hit #1 within a week from leaving and yes, Wolf was part of the LOD. Even if you remove both of those from this debate, that is still 2 more than anyone else has had in the past year. Anyway, i did mention above that 2 of them were ex-members, i was simply stating a fact, so i am not sure what you are talking about.

What i was debating is why are we not part of this poll, we had 3 nominations and one was not from LOD.

This is the second time you have used the former manager argument when talking about LOD accomplishments so no reason for you to pretend you stated it for any other purpose. Before it was just Grady in the nominations thread when talking up LOD and now that Wolf has hit No. 1 you mentioned him in a light that somehow counts towards LOD's achievements. Wolf hasn't been in LOD since 2014, whether it's a fact or not they were former LOD you were using them to pad your pro LOD for Alliance of the year argument. If I hit the #1 spot in 2016 am I going to be added into LOD accomplishments, it may be a fact Grady and Wolf were in LOD at one point but they weren't in LOD when the hit #1 so I don't see why it needed to mentioned at all unless you're using it for your agenda. I did not mean for this to turn into a paragraph so sorry for the long read everyone. Also, as Dino said if you remove those two managers from the debate, then Vendetta has 2 and LOD has 2 so it's not 2 more than anyone else.

Also, there is no debate about it, LOD should of been on the poll and now is so everything is square on that front. I did not realize jmcray wasn't in LOD anymore either until pointed out.

• Upvote 1

Just for the record Vendetta had 3 managers hit number 1 manager this year (while at the same time being in the alliance) . Wolf, Igor and I. Thats more than LOD and either equals or trumps Convicted, I can't recall.

Convicted is still the number 1 alliance, no doubt, just wanted to clear that up because people were forgetting Igor.

• Upvote 1

Just for the record Vendetta had 3 managers hit number 1 manager this year (while at the same time being in the alliance) . Wolf, Igor and I. Thats more than LOD and either equals or trumps Convicted, I can't recall.

Convicted is still the number 1 alliance, no doubt, just wanted to clear that up because people were forgetting Igor.

I forgot about Joonas... I feel shamed.

Here we go again guys. LOD deserves to be on the list and I say that while never being a member. 1 or 2 peoples deeds can not represent everyone. There are some managers in LOD that I like and respect. GBK said it was an error that they were not on the list and he fixed it. Even if they don't win, being nominated and being one of the contenders for the award, means that someone recognized their contribution to the game. It is a win within itself. It is so depressing to see people arguing about this. If you don't like them, simply don't vote for them. Again, good luck to all of the contestants and great job in handling this GBK.

• Upvote 4

I said new #1 managers, Igor got there last year did he not when he overtook Mannetosen? This year I think it has been just me and Templeton for Convicted, but then again I think if you take the days that people have been #1 it would be Me then Bowser for at least 9 months of the year between us.

I said new #1 managers, Igor got there last year did he not when he overtook Mannetosen? This year I think it has been just me and Templeton for Convicted, but then again I think if you take the days that people have been #1 it would be Me then Bowser for at least 9 months of the year between us.

Yea I think he got to number 1 last year for the first time. I was just talking about people who got to number 1 at some point or another over the course of this year whether it was their first time or not.

Yea I think he got to number 1 last year for the first time. I was just talking about people who got to number 1 at some point or another over the course of this year whether it was their first time or not.

Then it would be Vendetta with 3, LOD had 2, Convicted had 2, BHP had one, Steel Penn had one and so did the Highland Network. I think that is everyone.

Should just not count alliance members voting for their own alliance, problem solved.

This, if this is not a rule then it defeats the purpose of the whole thing. The whole point is to be recognized as the best by everyone else, not yourselves.

• Upvote 2

LOD is gonna win and this award should be burned my opinion, no offense but having 100 managers with a possible biased vote is pretty fucked.

1st. I can see where your coming from, but maybe we can also look at it like this, the fact that they have 100 members says something about how significant their alliance is; also, new players flock to their alliance all the time. They must be doing something right; again, I am not a member and never have been, but I am also not blind. As alliances go, they are a powerhouse. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am apart of LOD. I have been since I started. They are nice to the new guys, everyone knows that. They are also very helpful. That being said, I'm sure a lot of alliances would and are the same way if asked for help. As far as not voting for your alliance, most people in an alliance would vote for the alliance souly on the fact that they believe their alliance is the best. It's hard to say or even know how other alliances act given the fact that you're not in it. I know LOD has a bad rep, but I think given the new direction of it, it's become more of a game booster then a contender. Mentor contacts new managers and REALLY helps them learn the game. That alone is enough for me to say they are a great alliance. Tycoon needs players to stick around, what better way to do that then by helping new players learn the most complicated game ever made. Cheers and good luck to all.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have given no opinion on whether or not LOD is a good alliance, it just shouldn't be up to its its own members to decide.

As far as not voting for your alliance, most people in an alliance would vote for the alliance souly on the fact that they believe their alliance is the best.

Yea, thats the point.

As far as not voting for your alliance, most people in an alliance would vote for the alliance souly on the fact that they believe their alliance is the best.

Judging by the current votes, that is not strictly true outside of LOD voting for themselves. Only 5 of the 41 votes of the other alliances are by people for themselves, 4 from Convicted who are the overwhelming favourites and 1 for Cage Cartel. In comparison, 17 of the 19 LOD votes have come from LOD members, with one of the 2 non-LOD guys being a former LOD member and the other being a guy who doesn't particularly like Convicted so that's not a surprise really. Little further look and you will see that even though their own alliances are nominated, numerous members from Vendetta, Highland Network and Cage Cartel all voted for alliances other than their own, which shows they acknowledge when an alliance has simply been the better this year than themselves.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

That's cool and all but whether it's 17 out of 19 or 19 out of 19, who is to say those 19 people don't genuinely believe LOD was the best alliance this year? Just because they are apart of it? It's not like LOD offers a reward for voting for them. Votes are meant to be counted as 1. Not 0.5 because it's LOD voting for LOD. My vote was for LOD, why? I strongly believe LOD is the best alliance for new members. Also for experienced members. They help in so many ways it's actually overwhelming. 100+ members? That means 100+ members enjoy LOD. Good for them.

• Downvote 2

Judging by the current votes, that is not strictly true outside of LOD voting for themselves. Only 5 of the 41 votes of the other alliances are by people for themselves, 4 from Convicted who are the overwhelming favourites and 1 for Cage Cartel. In comparison, 17 of the 19 LOD votes have come from LOD members, with one of the 2 non-LOD guys being a former LOD member and the other being a guy who doesn't particularly like Convicted so that's not a surprise really. Little further look and you will see that even though their own alliances are nominated, numerous members from Vendetta, Highland Network and Cage Cartel all voted for alliances other than their own, which shows they acknowledge when an alliance has simply been the better this year than themselves.

And I am positive JLP is taking the piss with his vote haha.

• Upvote 2