Update Idea Board

crzy1051

Update Improvement Ideas  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How important are the following updates to you?

• 3rd Training Block
    • 2 Companies to own
    • Updating the App
    • Additional Companies
    • Morale Update
    • QFC opening cities
    • Stat Ranking Page
    • Tactic Updates
    • Clinch Takedown & Clinch Takedown Defense

• 1 month later...

There should be a decline in fighters abilities and skills after age 35 (maybe 40 for heavyweight and superheavyweights) or after getting knocked out more than a certain amount of times. The age limit is kind of ridiculous haha seeing fighters in there 40s and 50s still fighting for championships is highly unrealistic and the fighters chin come into question because, after being knocked out a few times they are more susceptible to being knocked out in the future, it actually directly correlates. It makes the connection tissues from the brain to the body weaken every time they get knocked out, so their abilities to take a punch would also go down with every time they were knocked out. Maybe there can be an option where you can get 25% of the fighters money after you retire them so you don't feel like you're getting screwed out of money or whatever. Perhaps we can get some athletic commission going? If your fighter gets knocked out 10 times, it should be a mandatory retirement.

Buy iq tests , say for 350,000 take money out the game and you get to see how intelligent your fighter is

I love the idea but the price is ridiculous. It should be obtainable for people who have been playing for only a couple months. We need more things to limit the game for the long time users, no offense but they are ruining the game for the new users. The rich get richer while new players stop playing because they have no money and don't have any opportunities because of the long time players and their 50 year old fighters. We need earlier retirement and ways to keep the game interesting other than trying to give the players who already have all the money and everything they need more! we need to build up the new avatars, literally after age 35 there should be a SIGNIFICANT decline in a fighters abilities. After being knocked out 10 times your fighter should be forced to retire. These changes would make the game 100x better for new players. I have a large group of people interested in joining but they too have concerns with mma tycoon just giving the long time players everything and leaving the new guys with nothing. It would make organizations run 1000x smoother and the game as a whole would be better and more attractive to the new users.

If we are just going to accommodate the users who already have money while pushing the new guys aside and not giving them any help, the game will never grow.. this might actually be the games #1 reason as to why most users only stay for short periods of time, If I wasn't gifted $20,000 I would have been negative and I would have stopped playing literally after 1 week. It's taken me over a month to start accumulating any type of money because the rich company and organization owners are the only ones getting any money. I have only made profits by doing write ups on mma tycoon. my fighters are still all losing money and signed to bs contracts because the older users are giving out terrible contracts to new fighters and new users. I have like 9k in money right now, I was gifted 20,000 and I got 6000 from writing for the newspaper... there is literally no way to get ahead as a new user. it's complete bs. Like either let managers start with 100,000 dollars or give the new users MORE. new users get nothing and are expected to make ends meet with not even 1/4 of the money that they need to manage 2 fighters for a week. our fighters start out piss poor and unable to improve at all at the beginning of the game because of the ridiculous costs of the gyms. Cozad gyms are a joke and need more and better trainers. there needs to be a mid grade Cozad or something for 250 a week so we aren't going bankrupt trying to train our fighters. what you guys are working on is not going to make the game any better, all you are doing is accommodating to the older players. The point of getting a game to start growing is to give the new users an easier time, not a harder time. new players should be rewarded for coming to mma tycoon, not struggling right from the get go. all this accommodation towards older users is turning heads away from the game as a whole.

• Upvote 1

There should be a decline in fighters abilities and skills after age 35 (maybe 40 for heavyweight and superheavyweights) or after getting knocked out more than a certain amount of times. The age limit is kind of ridiculous haha seeing fighters in there 40s and 50s still fighting for championships is highly unrealistic and the fighters chin come into question because, after being knocked out a few times they are more susceptible to being knocked out in the future, it actually directly correlates. It makes the connection tissues from the brain to the body weaken every time they get knocked out, so their abilities to take a punch would also go down with every time they were knocked out. Maybe there can be an option where you can get 25% of the fighters money after you retire them so you don't feel like you're getting screwed out of money or whatever. Perhaps we can get some athletic commission going? If your fighter gets knocked out 10 times, it should be a mandatory retirement.

Nothing you said here is wrong, but the problem here is that there IS a decline that starts at a variable age for fighters and the number of KO losses also contributes to it as well. In other words this is already here. I suspect that the problem is with the rate of decline might not be severe enough. But then there are some real-world examples of fighters who were good well into their forties. Dan Henderson, and Randy Coture come to mind.

If we are just going to accommodate the users who already have money while pushing the new guys aside and not giving them any help, the game will never grow.. this might actually be the games #1 reason as to why most users only stay for short periods of time, If I wasn't gifted $20,000 I would have been negative and I would have stopped playing literally after 1 week. It's taken me over a month to start accumulating any type of money because the rich company and organization owners are the only ones getting any money. I have only made profits by doing write ups on mma tycoon. my fighters are still all losing money and signed to bs contracts because the older users are giving out terrible contracts to new fighters and new users. I have like 9k in money right now, I was gifted 20,000 and I got 6000 from writing for the newspaper... there is literally no way to get ahead as a new user. it's complete bs. Like either let managers start with 100,000 dollars or give the new users MORE. new users get nothing and are expected to make ends meet with not even 1/4 of the money that they need to manage 2 fighters for a week. our fighters start out piss poor and unable to improve at all at the beginning of the game because of the ridiculous costs of the gyms. Cozad gyms are a joke and need more and better trainers. there needs to be a mid grade Cozad or something for 250 a week so we aren't going bankrupt trying to train our fighters. what you guys are working on is not going to make the game any better, all you are doing is accommodating to the older players. The point of getting a game to start growing is to give the new users an easier time, not a harder time. new players should be rewarded for coming to mma tycoon, not struggling right from the get go. all this accommodation towards older users is turning heads away from the game as a whole.

so you basically are saying new players should be handed everything? there are plenty of ways for a new manager to make money in the game. you just have to take initiative to figure them out. as you are doing with write ups, you can find orgs that will pay good money for previews/reviews of their events. im not saying you dont have a few valid points, its not suppose to be easy from the start as its a long term game. Older manager are not "given" everything, they worked to get where they are at, thus get to reap the rewards of their work.

• Upvote 1

so you basically are saying new players should be handed everything? there are plenty of ways for a new manager to make money in the game. you just have to take initiative to figure them out. as you are doing with write ups, you can find orgs that will pay good money for previews/reviews of their events. im not saying you dont have a few valid points, its not suppose to be easy from the start as its a long term game. Older manager are not "given" everything, they worked to get where they are at, thus get to reap the rewards of their work.

This is exactly correct. The reason we all have money is because we worked our asses off to get it. We didn't have the newspaper back then and when it finally did come about it didn't pay very well. We did write-ups, or graphics, or started businesses, like public gyms, and struggled. Eventually our hard work started to pay off and we began to see a return on our efforts. Now there are poeple out there willing to just hand money out where we did not have that, there are loans available, so you could get a $50K loan for your company and then got get another $50K loan from an older manager. We did not have that either. When many of us started we all started with just a few hundred dollars and almost no one had any money to spare so no one gave me hundreds or tens of thousands of dollars to help me out. I signed up to train in shitty gyms and scrapped by slowly growing. I wrote write-ups (Previews, reviews, and interviews) And the pay back then for that stuff was no where near as much as they pay now. Giving new players $100K makes it far too easy to get a major company started and start printing money.

There are some valid points you make though. Particularly the statement about the cost of public gyms. Sadly it's a fundamental problem with the gyms in this game. The costs to run a gym make them virtually impossible to make a profit. However, there have been solutions proposed and hopefully a solution can be reached.

• Upvote 6

• 1 month later...

2 or 3 companies per VIP manager is the answer. Allow us to be Tycoons.

• Upvote 3

Could be a nice thing, but would also require a total rework of the ingame economy. If almost everyone has their own clothes/nutrition etc there won't be much sales between players. And there would be a lot of companies.

Almost true...you cant buy from your own companies...although it could be given in a short term sponsor I think a good chunk of people are decent enough to keep economy going I know I am anyways :)

Yes you cannot buy but gift them so you are basically buying for the production price as the company owner. So there would be a lot more companies and a lot less demand at the same time.

To make multiple companies work I think you would need a deeper economic simulation. Without that there will never be much tycooning happening.

• 1 month later...

CAP FA's:- Nuff's enuff!! time to put a cap on elite managers hogging all the FA's. I think it is still fair game if they had the top pick once a week (maybe each manager gets only 1x fighter per week?) Gives noobs a stinking (puncher's) chance. This is of the highest priority as far as I'm concerned.

There's too many of the same managers in the top ten and this could be why (not necessarily cos they are great managers)...."Step aside Butch"

• Upvote 3

CAP FA's:- time to put a cap on elite managers taking as many FA as they like. I think it is still fair game if they had the top pick once a week so each manager gets 1x fighter per week. Gives noobs a stinking (puncher's) chance. This is of the highest priority as far as I'm concerned.

this would be a massive improvement, it would even the playing field a little bit!

excellent suggestion bro!

• Upvote 2

The 5 top guys can still claim the top 5 guys, so it may not help the newbies out much actually....A similar idea that evens the playing field out would be awesome though???

Yes it is impossible and one reason manager rank becomes important. I had a great 16yo prospect scouted and thought that no one will have noticed this one and I should have rank enough to have a good chance. Then Bwang sweeps in and picks him up before my eyes as usual, at least proves I was right in my scouting :)

• Upvote 2

Yo both got Bwanged..lol.

Our only hope is a sloppy 2nd..............like a gang-Bwang god damn it!!

To be honest, i'm baffled at seeing so many vote for a 3rd training block, when it makes ZERO difference to anything.

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Dunno if this idea has come up somewhere before but what about having “gym morale” ie each gym has morale based on fighters training there, the more champs/high ranking fighters the higher the morale which would give training bonuses, this could be used to negate the effects of maluses from fighter:coach ratios and possibly the need (to some extent) of everyone needing their own private gyms.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...