Scooby

Guys, when i first joined this game i created a fighter and joined a 25 Year Old QFC Org. (An org that you do not train in, you just fight - in case some of the new managers do not know what this is) I had fun in that org because it was a good way to fight at a level playing field (with all the can crushing talks of late) But most importantly, it allows you to practically junk a fighter and focus on learning sliders without feeling bad about it or wasting a good fighter/fight between your own fighters just to figure some things out. I would really enjoy a QFC org again.

Is there any interest in this area anymore? Even if it was a KT only QFC org i think it would be fun... Maybe the community could help someone get this started and it be a benefit for that person

• Upvote 2

It was a good way to fight at a level playing field (with all the can crushing talks of late)

It still managed to get idiotic accusations of can crushing even with everyone having equal stats. There are many issues that would prevent a new org from working out, now. For one Mike nerfed the hype so that you tend to cap out by your 4th or 5th fight. That wouldn't be so much an issue if it weren't for the negative hype the managers get hit with. If you are anywhere near 200 then you gain practically nothing from a win and lose 100% what a normal fighter/manager would from a loss. Not as much an issue for the fighters as it is for the managers. Once they see their rank only going down they will not want to keep their fighters in the org. They are basically punished for being in a QFC org. On top of that training changes made it so untrained fighters will lose stats. You can no longer have career guys or promise perfectly even fights, since after a few weeks they all start losing skills. Kind of defeats the purpose of the org.

• Upvote 2

The only way I see it ever working again is if Eveas got back into it. He is the only manager who had the insane amount of dedication to the concept that was required.

I'm glad to see ONI back though and I hope he sticks with that instead.

If he doesnt stick with oni i will

And i never thought of all them problems eveas said about

On top of that training changes made it so untrained fighters will lose stats. You can no longer have career guys or promise perfectly even fights, since after a few weeks they all start losing skills. Kind of defeats the purpose of the org.

I never actually thought of that, Mike really should put a cap on when fighters start to lose skills much like he did with the old system. This new system actually made me appreciate tickers.

Cant we ask mike to change the hype where instead of it maxing out after 5 wins, it takes 10 wins to get that same amount of hype and have it not effect your managers rank in a + or - way only the fighters.

It would actually be even worse if Mike did raise the hype limit. No matter what you set it to people will eventually cap out. Once you cap out you will gain nothing from a win, but the higher your hype the more you lose from a loss. So if my guy has 400 hype and loses my manager rank would tank much more than if he only had 200 and lost. But in both cases once I hit the limit my manager rank will basically do nothing with a win. That was a big issue with why no one gave Mystery any respect when he was #1. He could lose 3 in a row to guys with no hype and stay #1, but Lance loses one fight against top 5 p4p fighters and drops 150 ranks. Now imagine those extremes but add in the fact neither would gain anything from a win once capped out. That is basically the difference between a higher and lower hype cap for QFC orgs.

What about changing a little bit that "no training clause"? I mean, fighters signed to those deals would have their stats frozen, so they wouldn't pop/depop no matter how long they've been without gym. Maybe same with with hype? If most people wants to do it, because it's fun - maybe freeze hype/pop in QFC org fights too, so there is no less and no gain - pure fun and polishing your slider settings.

• Upvote 1

I'd actually enjoy a qfc org. Gives us the time to really focus on sliders and I'm sure that org will get a lot of fighters from the "old guys" that just want to fight and have fun

It still managed to get idiotic accusations of can crushing even with everyone having equal stats.

I don't think that those accusations were idiotic. QFC orgs were strongly marketed to noobs as a way to test out sliders and learn how to play. That attracted can crushers who wanted to pad their hype by beating up on noobs who don't know how to play yet.

In regular orgs, can crushers can only get this benefit for the first few months because the noobs grow into experienced managers as the org progresses, but in QFC orgs, there is always a fresh batch of noobs to beat up on.

QFC orgs were rightly aimed at noobs and those wanting to test sliders. As such, I think that they should be no-hype fights. No risk, no reward.

• Upvote 3

The problems I saw with QFC orgs is managers would create a 25 year old and train physicals up before signing and feed off of noobs who actually created 25 year olds and put them in there from day 1 with no training. So you'd have large physical advantages that would result in what people termed "can crushing". I know this happened because I picked up a QFC fighter with wonderful and above physicals who was dominating. If they come back it'd be nice if they were limited to 25 year olds who have NEVER trained. Not just ones that can't train while under contract.

The other problem which led to the death of QFC's was we had massively hyped under skilled fighters breaking the top 10 p4p rankings. It really made no sense as these fighters were barely above level 1 QFC skills and they had a handful or more in the top 100. That'd be like taking an amateur fighter with a good record and hyping him like he was Junior Dos Santos.

Edit** - Deleted part because I think it was the wrong information. Lol

• Upvote 1

The problems I saw with QFC orgs is managers would create a 25 year old and train physicals up before signing and feed off of noobs who actually created 25 year olds and put them in there from day 1 with no training. So you'd have large physical advantages that would result in what people termed "can crushing". I know this happened because I picked up a QFC fighter with wonderful and above physicals who was dominating. If they come back it'd be nice if they were limited to 25 year olds who have NEVER trained. Not just ones that can't train while under contract.

The other problem which led to the death of QFC's was we had massively hyped under skilled fighters breaking the top 10 p4p rankings. It really made no sense as these fighters were barely above level 1 QFC skills and they had a handful or more in the top 100. That'd be like taking an amateur fighter with a good record and hyping him like he was Junior Dos Santos.

Edit** - Deleted part because I think it was the wrong information. Lol

Who was the fighter, and which org if you remember? I only signed fighters that were created the day they asked to be signed, and I looked at fighter energy levels each day to make sure no one was losing energy when they were not fighting. If one slipped through I'd be curious who the manager was. I picked up quite a few fighters who were on top but got cut for one reason or another and did not see anyone with unusual physicals. Most the managers who had top fighters also had bottom feeders at least in QFCT. I did not pay any attention to other orgs. Eventually Mike added the clause where you were unable to train as long as the contract offer had QFC checked in it, and I was able to pay less attention though I still kept the rule of not signing guys unless they asked the day they were created. I suppose if Mike's contract update didn't work someone may have slipped through. If you don't want to post here could you mail me who it was?

I recently thought about opening a QFC org which would have had a limit for how much points one can put to a single primary. Thought about the cap being around proficient-strong. This would (possibly) make the QFC fighters and fights a little more well-rounded. I feel like there would be no excuses for declining a fight in that kind of org whatever the fight was (unless a fighter is injured ofc).

• Upvote 1

I recently thought about opening a QFC org which would have had a limit for how much points one can put to a single primary. Thought about the cap being around proficient-strong. This would (possibly) make the QFC fighters and fights a little more well-rounded. I feel like there would be no excuses for declining a fight in that kind of org whatever the fight was (unless a fighter is injured ofc).

That wouldve been excellent,i wouldve hopped in,it wouldve been similar to starting with a maxed fighter

I don't think that those accusations were idiotic. QFC orgs were strongly marketed to noobs as a way to test out sliders and learn how to play. That attracted can crushers who wanted to pad their hype by beating up on noobs who don't know how to play yet.

In regular orgs, can crushers can only get this benefit for the first few months because the noobs grow into experienced managers as the org progresses, but in QFC orgs, there is always a fresh batch of noobs to beat up on.

QFC orgs were rightly aimed at noobs and those wanting to test sliders. As such, I think that they should be no-hype fights. No risk, no reward.

Well said. I don't think Eveas was in cahoots with the veteran managers who did it, he just seems like a guy who didn't see the forest for the trees. Zyd/Nehi even bragged to me in chat how tilted the QFC org was in his favor. They experimented with tons of builds and slider settings until they were pretty dominant. All they had to do was win at about a 75% clip and the hype just flowed up to them.

• Downvote 1

Well said. I don't think Eveas was in cahoots with the veteran managers who did it, he just seems like a guy who didn't see the forest for the trees. Zyd/Nehi even bragged to me in chat how tilted the QFC org was in his favor. They experimented with tons of builds and slider settings until they were pretty dominant. All they had to do was win at about a 75% clip and the hype just flowed up to them.

Thats only 2 managers thought to be fair. I myself really liked the QFC orgs just for the fact that you got to fight a lot. My guys always fought for free in all the QFC orgs and the hype/pop never meant anything to me cause i always seen the QFC fighters as throw away guys just used for fun. I'm sure i wasn't the only one that seen it like that.

• Upvote 1

ZyD and Nehi had a few top guys simply because they simply had so many guys. They also had some real bottom feeders and in the end even their best guys were getting their asses kicked. You like to keep pointing to them as if they were cheating or something, but I picked up a couple of their old fighters and none had any extra skills. What they were experimenting with was making high kickers with no flexibility and that sort of thing, but last I checked experimenting to become better is not cheating. I promoted all the managers in the org to cut fighters who did poorly and try to use the knowledge they gained to make better fighters to replace them with. I was always mailing the managers letting them know better ways to make their fighters and refused to fight any fighter whose skills I knew due to having helped in their creation. You also had guys like Shiv testing strikers with subs instead of striking defense, but that one turned out poorly. The reason they felt they had an advantage was that they already had played around with unskilled fighters. Nothing more. But, if you had looked at the roster you would have seen they had just as many cans as they had studs.