Omg Jinder Mahal is the new Wwe Champion

ericj

He's getting the mid-2000's JBL push, honestly it is shocking but it's also better than the 1000th Randy Orton run, I'm tired of the same old, so sure mix in four or five guy's who would usually not be in the main event picture and maybe you find a gem, what's the worst that happens?

At the very least, now they have a champion that Sammy can go over without hurting anyone they care about, so pretty much expect Sammy to be the champion at Summerslam I would say.

What shocks me most is the piss poor job they have done with Nakamura, they kept him down in NXT so long his buzz from New Japan faded, they got it so right with AJ but with Nakamura it's a disaster, and they even hurt Ziggler in the process, if I'm Kenny Omega right now watching this, I'm not coming to the WWE in January, no way in hell. And look at Balor over on RAW, dead in the water.

• Upvote 1

I mean sure it's scripted entertainment, what of it? so is almost all of the entertainment content on the planet, that does not take away from the athletic spectacle or the kayfabe (pretense of reality for enjoyment purposes) aspect of who is "doing well".

The results are not real, but the bumps often are and the miles sure are and so are the backstage politics that are often more entertaining to watch playout in the modern era very publicly than the show itself.but yes it's not a legitimate sport but I still enjoy it, more so than I enjoy anything the UFC are doing right now that's for sure.

I mean sure it's scripted entertainment, what of it? so is almost all of the entertainment content on the planet, that does not take away from the athletic spectacle or the kayfabe (pretense of reality for enjoyment purposes) aspect of who is "doing well".

The results are not real, but the bumps often are and the miles sure are and so are the backstage politics that are often more entertaining to watch playout in the modern era very publicly than the show itself.but yes it's not a legitimate sport but I still enjoy it, more so than I enjoy anything the UFC are doing right now that's for sure.

I couldn"t of said it better myself I consider myself a Hardcore Wrestling fan as I tell everyone you can't call something that you dont know anything

• Upvote 1

Worst...Match...Ending...Ever...

Yeah, it's scripted but Conor McGregor would never go there, they actually defend their titles.

• Upvote 2

Damn i stop watching it for three months and already new champ. Is wwe about to do mid east tour or getting a major tv deal there (i know he isnt from there but still. But yea i say it more to put the belt on sammi without hurting their major stars push.

Yeah they plan on trying to get their india Veiwers more interested that why I think they put tye title on him

wrestling is boring as fuck nowadays. the guys now are so fucking bland and have no character. this roman reigns guy is there top star atm and theres nothing special about him. right about when they started doing nxt wrestling got really shit. its so cringe

not entirely true. NXT is great. The Hardys are back in WWE. A lot of the people that have come up from NXT are great like Finn Balor and the former ROH and TNA people. The women that have come up from NXT have given that division a boost, no more matches that end before the first commercial break.

holy shit I literally spilled my bear during the fight. Thas was so freaking epic, screw ufc and boxing, I was a hater but that changed my view about wwe holy shit, guys its legit go watch wwe.

P.S it's actually a joke, I dont have enough cash for beer

Unless your Brock Lesnar.

Brock does defend the title and he's defended it a lot more times (not this run yet) than McGregor has defended either title in the UFC. The next PPV will determine who Brock faces next.

wrestling is boring as fuck nowadays. the guys now are so fucking bland and have no character. this roman reigns guy is there top star atm and theres nothing special about him. right about when they started doing nxt wrestling got really shit. its so cringe

The Broken Hardys in TNA were the best thing in wrestling in what seems like an eternity, sucks that they can't use it right now in WWE

Jinder as champ isn't so bad imo. He has some legit heel heat with the fans (even though it is a dumb reason) so its great to build another guy to take the title off him.

It should be Sami or Nakamura but I'm guessing the latter will win the MITB. Or WWE might make a retarded move and just put type belt back on Orton. Lol I don't put anything past them at this point.

I think everyone should get at least one chance to prove himself and props to Mahal for making the most out of it.

I agree with this but shouldn't the WWE belt be the ultimate prestigious belt saved for the best and proven stars. If everyone gets a chance and becomes WWE champ it kind of lowers its value or prestige. I mean that's what secondary titles are for right, to give guys a chance? Jinder should have proven himself with a U.S title first that just seems logical.

I agree with this but shouldn't the WWE belt be the ultimate prestigious belt saved for the best and proven stars. If everyone gets a chance and becomes WWE champ it kind of lowers its value or prestige. I mean that's what secondary titles are for right, to give guys a chance? Jinder should have proven himself with a U.S title first that just seems logical.

I can't help but agree. From a booking standpoint they are doing so many things wrong but they are mostly booking it from a business standpoint.

Let's also not forget that this is the company that has been refusing to make new superstars for a long time now despite having one of the greatest talent pools in wrestling history ...

Cena will probably come back and take the title from Jinder.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't help but agree. From a booking standpoint they are doing so many things wrong but they are mostly booking it from a business standpoint.

Let's also not forget that this is the company that has been refusing to make new superstars for a long time now despite having one of the greatest talent pools in wrestling history ...

That's a big reason why many wrestling fans are still waiting for the day McMahon stops running things (whether that be from retirement or the "ultimate retirement"). If none of you have watched NXT, please do so because you will see the talent pool that Ken and thb are talking about. Triple H is the one running NXT and while it appeals more to the "hardcore" fanbase, they actually focus more on the in-ring talent over guys that have "the look".

As far as Mahal goes, when was the last time someone was taken from jobber to champion and somehow actually managed to get the fans to give a damn. Like him or hate him, the fans react to him in a big way. Props for them attempting to create a new star and actually doing it as a "bad guy" instead "telling" the fans who they are supposed to cheer for i.e. Roman Reigns.