DeadpoolPlays

Which band do you like more?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. The big 4

• Slayer
    • Metallica
    • Anthrax
    • Megadeth

All have good songs and bad songs... Anthrax never got to the same level as the others though... and Slayer (even though their music itself is fantastic) goes a little overboard with their extreme lyrics. Megadeth never reached the same level as Metallica.... although each band's first couple of albums are similar in terms of headbanging quality... I decided on Metallica only because I really don't like the late 90s stuff that Megadeth put out. Not saying that songs like "Mama Said" or anything from Load and Re-load are very good, at least Load and Re-Load have some songs that can be played (for example King Nothing). I have not listened to newer Metallica stuff much (St. Anger, Death Magnetic) and have not listened to newer Megadeth at all. Plus Dave Mustaine is kinda crazy, so Metallica gets my vote.

although each band's first couple of albums are similar in terms of headbanging quality

do you think that has anything to do with Dave Mustaine being the guitarist on Metallica's first couple of albums?

do you think that has anything to do with Dave Mustaine being the guitarist on Metallica's first couple of albums?

My understanding was that Mustaine got the boot prior to Kill 'Em All being released. He does have song writing credit though. Dave got mad and started Megadeth. The Four Horsemen and Mechanix are essentially the same song, but I don't think Mustaine was central to Metallica's sound. He was there and probably released some of his rejected Metallica songs on the first Megadeth album....but beyond that both bands moved on.

Basically what bijakonja already said, but Mustaine was fired before Kill 'em all was even recorded. So he's not playing in any of yhe albums but did participate in writing a few song on them.

My choice is obvious... Anthrax!

:P

Metallica got my vote.. But I got love for all of the Big Four and listen to them all quite often. I got the Big Four blu ray and they all got great sets. After Metallica the rest is pretty much tied in 2nd place.

And Metallica of course had some inspiration from Mustaine when he played with them, and kept some of his songs on Kill em all, but they wanted a change themselves and the result of that was the Black Album. Personally I don't mind their 90's and onwards stuff.. but the 80's sounds get most air time here. Slayer always stayed true to their sound, never changed a damn thing and got to love that about them.. Mustaine is the best guitarist out of all of the bands, but his issues with Metallica probably lead him to trying to compete with their 90's sound on Risk, thanks to comments from Lars Ulrich. But I think he redeemed himself well with the later albums. And Anthrax.. they just have a great sound, and love their early work. Can't wait to see what they all will do in the future :)

Great bands all together and hope to have them all around for a good few years :)

• Upvote 1

Anthrax has at least put out a non-shit album since 1990.

my fav will always be 1988 - State Of Euphoria

im hurt that slayer is not that important to the masses. only real muthafuckers out there.

metallica up till an justice made my load blow the back of bitches heads out.

my fav concert moment was holy wars live around about 93/94 at the logan campbell centre. the stage lighting was going off, at the rad intro..but the cool/funny shit was motherfuckers falling from the 2nd floor as they were rockin out-still makes me laugh

• 4 weeks later...

Im not really a rock geek, but like Metallica. I guess its the commercial hits that drew me in.

I have never really listened to any of the other three.

If you should introduce me to any of them, what songs would you recommend i started with?