Strikeforce!!! *Spoilers*

Holy Cow I loved the event

Jake Shields pulled through, i bet the standup would have slowly favored lawler though.

AA...ha.. makes fedors win seem lackluster.

Pyle upsets me, he beat a favorite of mine =(

Shields would have definitely got beat standing. The joy that is BJJ, and he is one person you cannot take lightly, especially when in a guillotine. Lawler is strong enough he could have popped his head out, I think he panicked and went for the slam, which is not a good idea when you have a good technician like Shields holding your neck. Good for him. Props to Nick Diaz, the guy is friggin good.

Props to Nick Diaz, the guy is friggin good.

Yeah but he punches with the power of a 12 year old girl. For the rest he has it all. Arlovski really pissed me off. Weaksauce man. He isn't consistent. If he finds himself in a situation that isn't in the book than he screws up. It's so sad. I think the whole boxing thing might have made him a better striker but less of an MMA fighter. And certainly today less of both. That was just pathetic. He's going to have a hard time coming over this loss. It might hurt his self confidence but on the other hand some modesty might make him a better fighter.

Yeah but he punches with the power of a 12 year old girl. For the rest he has it all.

he doesnt have single shot ko power but how can you say 12 yr old girl when he is over 50% winning in the ko/tko fashion?

Record 20 - 7 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw) ( 1 NC )

Wins 11 (T)KOs ( 55 %)

6 Submissions ( 30 %)

3 Decisions ( 15 %)

I've always liked Nick Diaz's striking,it's like putt putt shots, a couple won't hurt you too terribly but in a way they stack up together.Although I didn't see the event last night I was reading how Diaz thrown 397 punches,nearly 400 and landed over 50% of them.So about 200 punches,pretty crazy.

Getting peppered in the head like that rattles your skull and you slowly get dizzy, trust from personal experience.

Now..against someone with head movement, he wont be as effective because he has weaksauce for defense and shit for power. He does that so he scores points, doesnt gas by puttin power into it, and constantly keeps openings in his openent.

I was reeeeaaaallllyyy hoping Feijiao won...but ya know.

Diaz seems to put power into his body shots, but not into his head punches... but hey it seems to be working :)

Yeah his body shots always seem painful but like the others say a lot of 'weak' shots do damage and wear you down....just wish he had knocked him out instead of subbing him after the beating :suicide_anim:

he doesnt have single shot ko power but how can you say 12 yr old girl when he is over 50% winning in the ko/tko fashion?

Record 20 - 7 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw) ( 1 NC )

Wins 11 (T)KOs ( 55 %)

6 Submissions ( 30 %)

3 Decisions ( 15 %)

Did you see the fight? It looked like he didn't even want to knock him out.

I think it's just effective game-planning by Diaz - and I'm no fan. He's found a way to make his striking, which generally lacks power, highly effective in MMA. Does it always work? Of course not.

Anyone with good angles and head movement would be troublesome for that standup. Kicks also seemed to make Diaz stick his chin out with that monkey like stance, so middleweights like Cung Le and Thiago Alves may prove to be to cunning standing up, but no one is denying the ceaser gracie bb diaz holds, thats sick :)