Faber Vs. Brown II

This is a fight I'm really looking forward to, strictly because I cannot STAND Urijah. I have always liked Brown even before the win and to see him with the belt and to completely ruin Urijah was fun to watch. Though with that said this will undoubtedly be a war, Urijah seemed pretty cocky in the walkout running in place like always, not very nervous at all and I think that was a problem, Brown came to take his belt and thats what he did. Now these two completely focused I think are huge destructive forces, but I still think if Urijah goes standing with Brown he'll be utterly destroyed. On the ground it really is a tossup, Faber tapped out a Gracie Black belt so you never know what hes gonna be, and Browns no slouch on the ground either.

Regardless of who wins, this fight is huge for the sport and the WEC. Though maybe if one of them loses they'll make them work harder then a submission against Pulver, in my mind its a bit unfair to the other Featherweights to let the old champion return after one win.

I pretty much agree on all points. It's nothing against Urijah--I just think he's slightly overrated, and I wouldn't mind seeing him get owned again.

I think Brown is just too big, and too skilled for Faber. Faber has speed on his side, but other than peppering Brown for five rounds, I don't think he's going to have what it takes to put Brown away. Should be an awesome fight though, and definetely one of the matches I'm most anticipating this year.

ANy fight where there is a legit chance for Urijah Faber to get his face punched in is a fight of the year candidate to me.

Well there goes about two ounces of my beverage out my nose. That was funny shit.

Urijah by easy and dominant decision.

Mike Brown has very little chance to win this fight.

Urijah is better in every aspect.

And don't get me wrong, I'm a bigger Mike Brown fan than Faber and I think Mike Brown is great, but he's the guy (think Rampage) that needs an opening to knock your ass out. If you're more talented and make no or few mistakes, take few or no risks, then you'll be fine.

Urijah won't make a mistake in the whole fight. or if he does it'll be late if Urijah goes for something spectacular.

I give Mike very little chance in the fight, but almost zero chance in the first 3 rounds.

I could see a late KO but the chances by that point are small.

Urijah by easy and dominant decision.

Mike Brown has very little chance to win this fight.

Urijah is better in every aspect.

And don't get me wrong, I'm a bigger Mike Brown fan than Faber and I think Mike Brown is great, but he's the guy (think Rampage) that needs an opening to knock your ass out. If you're more talented and make no or few mistakes, take few or no risks, then you'll be fine.

Urijah won't make a mistake in the whole fight. or if he does it'll be late if Urijah goes for something spectacular.

I give Mike very little chance in the fight, but almost zero chance in the first 3 rounds.

I could see a late KO but the chances by that point are small.

I am not going to go far as to say that Brown has very little chance to win, but I will agree with Urijah as the victor. Brown is as good as he is being hyped up to be, just look at his last couple of fights. He has won in dominate fashion against top competition. However, I believe that Faber is more well rounded this time around and has the general fan support edging him on that extra mile. It should be great fight on both sides, but my money would be on Faber. Remember, this is the guy that basically finished Pulver with a body shot so Brown isn't the only heavy handed hitter going into this bout.

a healthy Brown wins a fight against Faber more often than not. since its a 5 round fight Faber has no chance to lay on top of him the whole time. Brown will make him work and lure him into making mistakes imo.

The thing is, Faber is not a lay and pray fighter though. He is a mixes ground with hands and isn't afraid to stand at any time. Majority of his wins are by submission, yes, but he has a great boxing game as well.