ufc 98

man5616

Truly outstanding performance by Machida. Certainly people will remember I strongly felt Rashad would win (and bet on Rashad) and Machida proved that he is in a very, very special class. It's tremendous to watch him grow into his own style and better understand each fight how to make it more successful (finishes) within the UFC. Great stuff.

I felt bad for Rashad during that final salvo. You could see the desperation in his face... He was like "nooooooo, I can't lose my title!" I know everyone kinda feels like that but he just looked so desperate not to lose and in that last 5 seconds it just showed on his face really clearly that he could see it all slipping away.

I felt bad for Rashad during that final salvo. You could see the desperation in his face... He was like "nooooooo, I can't lose my title!" I know everyone kinda feels like that but he just looked so desperate not to lose and in that last 5 seconds it just showed on his face really clearly that he could see it all slipping away.

IMO the only thing that he was thinking was "Wha..what? Where it came fr.. BANG!"

I dont think we should shoot down Rampage as useless against Machida yet. He might not be the man to dethrone him but yeah, personally I am going to declase Rampage a failure towards contendership. Unless Shogun gets back into shape. The thing with Rampage is that he can take it, like other posters have noted. Machida might be crisp technical (and undefeated) but I think Rampage could knock him out hard if given the correct spot. That might go for a lot of other fighters as well but Rampage just has that power.

Anyways, how are you all just skipping over the Frank Edgar performance? He outclassed Sean Sherk so much in that opening fight, it was mindblowing. Finally, hi, I am new here on the MMA Tycoon forums and just through I'd drop in the latest UFC discussions. :)

I dont think we should shoot down Rampage as useless against Machida yet. He might not be the man to dethrone him but yeah, personally I am going to declase Rampage a failure towards contendership. Unless Shogun gets back into shape. The thing with Rampage is that he can take it, like other posters have noted. Machida might be crisp technical (and undefeated) but I think Rampage could knock him out hard if given the correct spot. That might go for a lot of other fighters as well but Rampage just has that power.

Anyways, how are you all just skipping over the Frank Edgar performance? He outclassed Sean Sherk so much in that opening fight, it was mindblowing. Finally, hi, I am new here on the MMA Tycoon forums and just through I'd drop in the latest UFC discussions. :)

Edgar did pretty good standing up with Sherk, very good boxing..

But that happened only because Sherk tried to standup..if he decided to fight as he is used to fight, taking his opponents down, then we would have seen a boring fight, but with Sherk winning..

A replay of Maynard x Edgar fight :S

Anyway, props for Edgar, and bad gameplan from Sherk's part

I felt more sorry at this stage

http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/sites/default/files/rashad_evans_ufc98.jpg

crazy how his eyes are pointing in different directions :wacko:

Props to Rashad, it showed he obviously trained hard to *attempt* to get ready for Lyoto's style. He tried some unconventional movement and timing I hadn't seen from him previously. Nasty K.O. to watch when his head just flew backwards just before he hit ground. Anyone else notice that?

That's an odd statement. He knocked out Liddell and Wanderlei with counter shots, and his best punches on Keith Jardine were counters.

I'm sorry, but that knockout on Wandy was a fluke. that match should've never taken place anyhow. Wandy beat him DECISIVELY twice in PRIDE.

I'm sorry, but that knockout on Wandy was a fluke. that match should've never taken place anyhow. Wandy beat him DECISIVELY twice in PRIDE.

Their matches in Pride was epic exactly because they match up so well against each other. Both powerfull punchers, one with unlimited aggression the other with tight, technical boxing defence. Rampage was doing pretty well in their second bout, until he walked into right hook. Many, inluding me, considered him favorite before their third meeting, regardless of previous encounters.

Wandy is one of my favourite fighters, but no way was the Rampage win in the 3rd fight a fluke... Rampage is a much better fighter now than he was back then.

I felt more sorry at this stage

[picture]

crazy how his eyes are pointing in different directions :wacko:

...Ow. I thought eyes usually never went like that unless someone was hit in the face with a baseball bat.

http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/sites/default/files/rashad_evans_ufc98.jpg

this picture makes me respect what these guys do even more. To put your self in danger of ending up like this....that takes serious balls.