ufc 98

man5616

i'm glad hughes came thru[the comeback kid strikes again] if only that he was head butted....i have 1 foot on the dragon bandwagon, but would like to see someone bum rush him, if only to see how he handles it........your thoughts on it ppl?

its funny ppl...why do we carry other ppl's careers on our shoulders...i wanted evans to do well....but it does'nt hurt he lost.....i felt more when chuck failed to 'come back'.............now drew won me over.......thats got nothing to do with me lovin the miletich system lol

Lyoto Machida is a BAAAAAD mofo. He was stickin it too Rashad, and only came out of it taking like 3-4 punches to the face and maybe a handful of kicks? The punches were solid and i almost thought lyoto would fail the chin test but he didnt.

Good shit, his next fight = Rampage, Shogun(Depending on how he fairs. BTW He was #1 LHW before his forrest lost and has had 2 wins since, that has some holding), or who else?

Is someone "bum rush" Machida I think that he will only get knocked out faster. Bum rushing don't usually work in MMA, ask James Thompson.

To me Machida vs Rampage is not very interesting because I think that Evans > Rampage. If Rampage fights Lyoto I see it going the same way it went in his first 2 fights against Wanderlei. Evans vs Jackson would be an awesome fight on the other hand. If Shogun gets another good win, I would like to see him take on Lyoto, I think that he would have more of a chance.

ppl are talkin bout the 'new shogun'....i feel he has more to prove than most[in ufc].....i dont know but, does he rock 'without' a soccer kick....im so not sure......i think rampage 'rampaging' is the most interesting fight......but then i enjoyed ufc 1-20...its my nature

The amount of lyoto nuthugging is insane. Shogun was ranked #1 before coming to the US, lackluster vs coleman, and impressive vs Liddell. Thus, he needs another spectacular performance(which he has Luiz Cane/Griffin in his sights..if he wins..i bet he takes on lyoto)

For the record, there is a post on the Contenders section on Sherdog that shows with statistics that Fedor has been hit less per amount of swings swung on him in his MMA career. New fedor my rump.

That's an odd statement. He knocked out Liddell and Wanderlei with counter shots, and his best punches on Keith Jardine were counters.

counters yes.....they were attacking..not rushing................im not trying to take anything away from the dragon..hes the real deal...just reminds me of the way ppl played into the icemans hands for a few years

Seriously, you got to be kidding when you say that Rampage stands a chance against Machida..

Rampage won't ever pass thru Rashad, and Machida will spank him...

I'm not sayin' this cause I'm a big Machida fan.. I saying this 'cause Rampage can't take Machida down, Rampage has the same hand power that Rashad has, Rampage is slower than Rashad and way slower than Machida..Machida is way more technical than Rampage, Machida is more accurate than Rampage, Machida can submit Rampage..

Now, it's your turn to say where Rampage stand a chance against Machida :)

(If has one...)

I've been a huge Lyoto Machida fan for a while, but theres still rampage in the LHW's I'm concerned might give him a serious run for his money.

Rampage

- Has "WTFDONE" power than lets be honest Rashad, Rashad took down Liddell and thats all fun and good, but Rampage took out Wandy first left punch that connected, took out Chuck twice with his hands and don't even get me started on people that aren't legends.

- His chin is about one of the most underrated ones in the business, Jardine had him on the ropes with some serious fucking punches and he still came back after a couple of seconds, and it took Wandy 40 knees to knock him out, and well placed.

Otherwise I don't see him going anywhere soon. His chin is virtually untouched, making him likely for a long career and hes got the kind of power you don't get from weight lifting, incredibly gifted talent.

When Evans and Machida got in that wild exchange Machida would hit Rahad, and slip a punch, like Pac Man, he's such an incredible fighter, and exactly the kind of martial artist that deserves to be the champ. It was a great title fight too, both undefeated..Kind of wish Serra did better, not a fan of Hughes attitude, and I have a soft spot for the little guy. And very glad Krystzoff won his fight, he was my pick to win that season of TUF, so its good to see him winning in the UFC, and I always cheer for the boys that come out of Tompkins(local) overall IMO, it was a pretty decent night of fights.

Seriously, you got to be kidding when you say that Rampage stands a chance against Machida..

Rampage won't ever pass thru Rashad, and Machida will spank him...

I'm not sayin' this cause I'm a big Machida fan.. I saying this 'cause Rampage can't take Machida down, Rampage has the same hand power that Rashad has, Rampage is slower than Rashad and way slower than Machida..Machida is way more technical than Rampage, Machida is more accurate than Rampage, Machida can submit Rampage..

Now, it's your turn to say where Rampage stand a chance against Machida :)

(If has one...)

well lets just retire machida..as the best ever lol........dragons strengths are his balance, tech and unusual stance, i feel if someone could take a hit to get close enough to land some strikes or tie him up and sap his strength it might make it that bloody battle hes not used to having......could the dragon get ko by a headbutt and come back to win the fight..i think not!

i've re-watched the machida/evans fight now a couple times now... anyone else get chills while watching machida fight? it's like a master among children. how many strikes did machida throw? 10 in two rounds. i would say at least 90 % hit (i don't have the exact numbers, just a guess) but i've always been a machida fan but now i'm a follower. :)

what are ya'lls thoughts on perhaps a new era or dynasty with Machida in which mma has never seen before? yes, i think he's that good.

So here are my thoughts of the card last night:

1. Krzysztof Soszynski is a STUD.....The more I watch him fight the more I like him man!

2. I thought that Serra has more active and should have gotten a split decision over Hughes. Hughes pisses me off doing the typical wrestler move laying on top of them.

3. I was impressed with Machida's KO. This doesn't mean I like him. I think Rampage stands a chance but I don't see him beating Machida.

4. Mcfeddries........Do I need to say more?

I've been on the Machida bandwagon since the David Heath fight (which was the first UFC I ever watched actually, I was a bit of a latecomer to the sport) so I was very happy with the fight, despite also being a Rashad fan. That was one scary KO.

Serra was robbed, I am sick to death of wrestlers lying on top of people to decision. In the third round Hughes did nothing from the top, Serra was more active from the bottom. He did enough to win that last round IMO. I don't want all wrestlers to do a Sherk and pretend they are strikers only, but the points system needs to reward sub-attempts from the bottom more IMO.

Sozynski was impressive again, pity for him he's in Machida's weight-class :D And what the hell was with Pat Barry, he had that fight won!

Impressive win for Lyoto, but why everyone so in a hurry to declare him "Unbeatable"?!

Rashad tried to fight him like he did against Liddell and played into Machida's game. He could not offer nothing new. Everyone was talking how this fight will be won in preparation and carefull planing - and Rashad just stayed right in front of bigger, stronger, more technical and equally fast striker. Not clever.

We learned nothing new about Machida - we still don't know, can he overcome intense pressure. We have seen Fedor and GSP submiting grapplers, KOing strikers, and throwing wrestlers around. We haven't seen Machida doing anything like that, except, maybe, outwrestling Tito.

In short: great win for Machida, he deserves the belt, but lets tone down all the worship.

i've re-watched the machida/evans fight now a couple times now... anyone else get chills while watching machida fight? it's like a master among children. how many strikes did machida throw? 10 in two rounds. i would say at least 90 % hit (i don't have the exact numbers, just a guess) but i've always been a machida fan but now i'm a follower. :)

what are ya'lls thoughts on perhaps a new era or dynasty with Machida in which mma has never seen before? yes, i think he's that good.

According to fightmetric.com. Machida landed 22 out of 39 strikes (56.4%) and Rashad only hit 3/21 (14.3%)

http://fightmetric.com/Machida.html

Amazing that he could fight someone of Rashad's caliber and only get hit 3 times!

If Rampage is going to stand any chance against Machida he is going to have to fight him like he fough Hedo at 75. He needs to mix up his boxing with takedowns and try to out grapple Machida. If he fights the same way he did against Griffin, Wandy, and Jardine he will get KOed worse then his 3 fights in pride against Wandy and Shogun.

If Shogun is truely back to his pride form he is the only one I think can actually matchup well with Machida and actually beat him besides the slim chance I give Jackson if he fights smart.

I see Machida having 3-4 title defense at LHW against Rampage, Griffin if he beat Anderson, Shogun, or Cane/Vera (I expect one of these 2 to break into the top 5 soon). None of these fighters are a legitimate threat to Machida unless they get lucky (unless Old Shogun is back)/ After he decimated the LHW I think he will move up to HW or down to MW if Silva is gone.

If Rampage is going to stand any chance against Machida he is going to have to fight him like he fough Hedo at 75. He needs to mix up his boxing with takedowns and try to out grapple Machida. If he fights the same way he did against Griffin, Wandy, and Jardine he will get KOed worse then his 3 fights in pride against Wandy and Shogun.

If Shogun is truely back to his pride form he is the only one I think can actually matchup well with Machida and actually beat him besides the slim chance I give Jackson if he fights smart.

I see Machida having 3-4 title defense at LHW against Rampage, Griffin if he beat Anderson, Shogun, or Cane/Vera (I expect one of these 2 to break into the top 5 soon). None of these fighters are a legitimate threat to Machida unless they get lucky (unless Old Shogun is back)/ After he decimated the LHW I think he will move up to HW or down to MW if Silva is gone.

Spot on analysis there I reckon :) On recent form, Soszynski might even end up being a contender.

The idea of him moving up to HW is really intriguing, especially with Machida karate being specifically created by his father to combat people bigger than him... and also interesting that the person that has had the most success against Machida was the one person considerably smaller than him (BJ Penn)

I'd be interested to know what his usual weight is, considering he weighed in at 204 for the fight the other night.

well lets just retire machida..as the best ever lol........dragons strengths are his balance, tech and unusual stance, i feel if someone could take a hit to get close enough to land some strikes or tie him up and sap his strength it might make it that bloody battle hes not used to having......could the dragon get ko by a headbutt and come back to win the fight..i think not!

I just don't do that 'cause there's a guy named Fedor that would be a angry with me :(

Joke, Machida has a lot do do, as example defend his title against Rampage, maybe Shogun in the future, probably Jon Jones in the future.. man, I can stay all day long here saying how much incredible fights we can have :B

Also, I don't think that Sosz~ will ever be a contender, he did great in his last two fights, but don't think that he can be a top contender one day..

Hope I'm wrong, Sosz~ seems to be a good guy :)

Agreed, i see Machida holding it for a while and if/when he loses it i think it might be against Rua if he gets a few good wins under his belt