CroCop back in the UFC

sathias

PRIDE and K-1 superstar Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (24-6-2 MMA, 1-2 UFC) says he is making his return to the UFC following a 20-month hiatus from the sport's biggest organization.

Filipovic stated in his MMA-ID blog that he was hoping for three fights this year in the UFC, and a subsequent press release from the Croatian striker's official website confirmed the news.

Filipovic claims he will be fighting Mostapha Al Turk (6-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at UFC 99 in Germany, and an additional report from The Wrestling Observer cites UFC President Dana White as having confirmed the bout.

Al Turk had originally been slated to meet debuting American Top Team heavyweight Todd Duffee (4-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) on the preliminary card of the June 13 event in Cologne, Germany.

The official fight card for the event on the UFC's website still shows Al Turk vs. Duffee on the evening's schedule.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/14915/report-cro...nst-al-turk.mma

CC is one of my favourite fighters so I am very happy to hear he is back... hopefully he can return to form :)

Gotta feel sorry for Al-Turk though, he goes from fighting Todd Duffee to fighting Mr rightkick hospital, leftkick cemetary :D

Should be an easy W for CroCop although I think al-Turk is a bit better than he showed against Kongo. Won't matter...CroCop will do well in this fight before getting blasted into oblivion by Junior dos Santos. Or is JdS just the HW version of Sokodjou?!?!?!?

Should be an easy W for CroCop although I think al-Turk is a bit better than he showed against Kongo. Won't matter...CroCop will do well in this fight before getting blasted into oblivion by Junior dos Santos. Or is JdS just the HW version of Sokodjou?!?!?!?

Be sure not man..

Dos Santos is the Luis Cane version of HW..

What I mean with that? Give them some time to see what will happen :D

I have high hopes for JDS. And if he training with Team Minotauro then I don't worry too much about him Sokoudjo/Houston Alexander'ing his carreer.

Now Mirko. Al-turk is a good warm up fight for Cro Cop, if CC is supposely "healthy" now. I just hope he trains seriously and trains for UFC rules (cage/elbows/etc).

That being said, I don't see CC making to title contention unless he has a miracle comeback (Randy Couture style HA)