Machida wants Brock?

lmao -- yea get real -- although it would be entertaining watching brock chase machida down -- flashbacks of rocky when he chases the chicken -- lol -- but it won't be nice for him once that behemoth finally catches him or falls on top of him when machida trips from running.

Wtf?

Machida is one of my favorite fighters, but comom, do you guys really think that Brock will not be able to clinch Machida, and throw him like a doll?

Machida has a great takedown defense, he's incredible strong, but he not even near Brock strength..

The fact the Brock is a fighter that attacks in straight line, doesnt mean that Machida will only have to move two steps left/right, that Brock will not find him..

Hard for me to imagine Machida being able to not get taken down in this one x)

But I'll be rooting for Machida, for sure, but first he needs to clear LHW division :medieval:

Machida is a pretty small LHW--I just can't envision him overcoming that big a size disadvantage. Maybe if his BJJ was a little bit better. I think Anderson Silva would have a better chance stylistically, because of his KO power and offensive BJJ.

id take Machida. Machida is amongst the most skilled atheltes in mma history, in the same league as A. Silva, Fedor, GSP etc. hes no lightweight either, couple extra-pounds and id think he has every chance to take Brock. Brock would know how dangerous Machida is when he gets in the cage ... Machida has incredible reflexes, boomrush him in chances are you wake up 10 seconds later. Machidas dangerous everyhwere, off his back as well ... Brocks no BJJ-master, hes no master at any art. what he is is big, athletic and brave. most people would probably say Fedor would eat Brock alive, well Machida is just about the same size as Fedor and equally skilled.

id take Machida. Machida is amongst the most skilled atheltes in mma history, in the same league as A. Silva, Fedor, GSP etc. hes no lightweight either, couple extra-pounds and id think he has every chance to take Brock. Brock would know how dangerous Machida is when he gets in the cage ... Machida has incredible reflexes, boomrush him in chances are you wake up 10 seconds later. Machidas dangerous everyhwere, off his back as well ... Brocks no BJJ-master, hes no master at any art. what he is is big, athletic and brave. most people would probably say Fedor would eat Brock alive, well Machida is just about the same size as Fedor and equally skilled.

Man, you've gone way out on a limb there. He may very well end up being in the same category as Fedor or Silva by the end of his career or in a few years, but he doesn't have an extensive enough history to mention him among them just yet. I happen to think Rashad has a good chance of derailing Machida's bandwagon.

He's only knocked one person out. I think it's highly doubtful that he'd KO Lesnar. I like how after the Silva fight he's taken on these mythical qualities.

Brock by destruction. For reference, see Brock vs Randy Couture. It would only be a matter of time until Brock got his hands on Machida. And when he did, whether it be on the feet or on the ground, it would be Donkey Kong time.

I no like none of these guys but Machida will have one chance to win high kick and

Brock has way more than one

but i see a high kick from Machida to end it :explode:

Man, you've gone way out on a limb there. He may very well end up being in the same category as Fedor or Silva by the end of his career or in a few years, but he doesn't have an extensive enough history to mention him among them just yet. I happen to think Rashad has a good chance of derailing Machida's bandwagon.

He's only knocked one person out. I think it's highly doubtful that he'd KO Lesnar. I like how after the Silva fight he's taken on these mythical qualities.

im saying Machida is in the league of Fedor, Anderson etc. in terms of skills and potential, not legacy. its MMA, a lot can happen, but i think saying Brock would crush Machida is going on a limb.

for reference .. he knocked more than one guy out. but thats not the allmighty measuring-stick anyway. you have to be sober and pay attention to the details in what he does to see how incredible good he is. ive been a fan of Machida since he fought in Japan and have been very happy to see him come to the UFC and do so well.

im saying Machida is in the league of Fedor, Anderson etc. in terms of skills and potential, not legacy. its MMA, a lot can happen, but i think saying Brock would crush Machida is going on a limb.

for reference .. he knocked more than one guy out. but thats not the allmighty measuring-stick anyway. you have to be sober and pay attention to the details in what he does to see how incredible good he is. ive been a fan of Machida since he fought in Japan and have been very happy to see him come to the UFC and do so well.

He's a smart fighter and elusive, but I don't think he's as skilled as Anderson, Fedor or GSP. I think that will become clear now that he's fighting elite guys from here on out. There won't be any more Sokoudjous or Nakamuras for him.

I know he's good, but you indicated Lesnar would be in real danger of getting knocked out. He KO'd Silva, that's it. That's the only person he's ever knocked out.

Yes i indicated that Lesnar is in danger of getting knocked out. anybody whod rush into Machida would be, because of Machiads reflexes, reaction-speed among all his other skills. we have seen way worse "miss-matches" in mma-history, just go as far back as Dynamite 08. couple small fighters knocked out big fighters, couple mma-fighters knocked out k1-stars. i think putting Brock Lesnar on this pedastel because he knocked down a 45 year old 220 pound Randy Couture is way sillier than me saying Machida - who again, is amongst the most elite - would be the favorite.

Yes i indicated that Lesnar is in danger of getting knocked out. anybody whod rush into Machida would be, because of Machiads reflexes, reaction-speed among all his other skills. we have seen way worse "miss-matches" in mma-history, just go as far back as Dynamite 08. couple small fighters knocked out big fighters, couple mma-fighters knocked out k1-stars. i think putting Brock Lesnar on this pedastel because he knocked down a 45 year old 220 pound Randy Couture is way sillier than me saying Machida - who again, is amongst the most elite - would be the favorite.

I agree.

Machida would win if he could get past the reach. I think he can. Brock can't come close to taking him down. Machia runs away and circles. Brocks strength is his incredible blend of Power and speed, he is the Mike Tyson of mma. But I think he can't cut Machida off, isn't faster, can't hit Machida, can't take him down.

So Machida wins one of the most technically brilliant and drunkenly booed fights in history. I would seriously pick Lyoto.

That specific matchup favors him too far.

And just as a useless sidenote, I beleive he fought at HW in Japan. And fought BJ at HW.

I know he's good, but you indicated Lesnar would be in real danger of getting knocked out. He KO'd Silva, that's it. That's the only person he's ever knocked out.

and Rich Franklin

I'd prefer to see Machida vs Fedor :)

Point for you :D

Fedor x Machida would be amazing, total technical fight!

I don't think Machida will win Brock, just cause of styles..

I think Fedor wins Brock, but I think that Machida has a great shot against Fedor :D

A bit weird, but styles make fight, and this fight would be great :)