Damage/ accuracy slider

GangstaBob

All depends on a number of factors - Weight Class, Are you looking for a Decision or a KO? Are you going Aggressive or looking to Counter? Best thing you can do is not start with anything too extreme, and slowly experiment. Try and find other managers to discuss the game with also. If you can, get a mentor and they'll be able to give you a rough idea of the meta when it comes to sliders.

Well, my next opponent has like wonderful MT and respectable boxing with abysmal wrestling and white belt bbj. So i was thinking about placing the sliders to be a counter fighter tat would counter with bombs. Once it goes into the clinch i planned to fight here since i have wonderful clinch work but also pull guard/takedown... any thoughts on that?

Well, my next opponent has like wonderful MT and respectable boxing with abysmal wrestling and white belt bbj. So i was thinking about placing the sliders to be a counter fighter tat would counter with bombs. Once it goes into the clinch i planned to fight here since i have wonderful clinch work but also pull guard/takedown... any thoughts on that?

and now the guy your fighting knows your game plan -- lol -- just saying

• Downvote 3

You don't actually need to go counter side of the slider to be a counter striker. You just need to be less aggro than your opponent. If you go counter side, and your opponent goes aggro, that means you'll have to finish him to win.

Are you confident that you can knock him out ? Will your counter power shots land ? Does he gas out with his aggressiveness, or will you gas out getting hit more ? These aren't question for any particular match up, but general things to consider when choosing a strategy.

• 4 years later...
On 7/31/2018 at 2:02 PM, pjrfin said:

You don't actually need to go counter side of the slider to be a counter striker. You just need to be less aggro than your opponent. If you go counter side, and your opponent goes aggro, that means you'll have to finish him to win.

Are you confident that you can knock him out ? Will your counter power shots land ? Does he gas out with his aggressiveness, or will you gas out getting hit more ? These aren't question for any particular match up, but general things to consider when choosing a strategy.

Speaking of aggressive/counter.....

Lets say you set it at 50%, if you throw 15 strikes then 10 of those moves will be aggressive and 5 will be counters.

Now lets say your set at 50% aggressive/counter and your opponent is set at 100% aggressive. Yes you will counter more than your opponent, but this does not mean it will make you a counter fighter.

So yes, you do need to lean it towards the counter side if you want to counter more often.

Just being less aggressive than your opponent doesn't make you counter more. Example: If your set at 90% aggressive and your opponent is at set at 100% aggressive. That fight is going to be a brawl, you are both looking to make a move first.

But since you will be leaving 10% for counters, you will counter at some point. But you won't counter as often compared to if you had your sliders balanced at 50%.

My point is, yes you do need to lean towards the counter side if you would like to counter more often.