• Please log in to reply
436 replies to this topic

#421 Jacman

Jacman

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:48 PM

I'm stoked the Jays clinched the AL East and all but damn, resting all of their regulars is really not helping me hang on to the slim lead right now!!!  Martin, Donaldson, Bautista, and Pillar were all on the bench today.  :suicide_anim: I'm sure you guys are feeling so sorry for me right now :P

September and October are definitely the hardest parts of the season to manage with the expanded rosters, guys getting more rest, pitchers being shut down or put on innings limits, injuries at this point mean the end of their season, etc.

The Blue Jays look fantastic right now and should probably be the favorites to make it to the World Series but I still think the Royals are gonna make it again. Royals/Cardinals World Series is what I'm thinking will happen. At this point though I don't care who wins I just don't want the Dodgers to win.

Jacman_Sig.jpg

untitled-19mnryf.gifgiphy.gif

PFL 6 Champion

2017 Camp League Runner-up

#422 Deuce7

Deuce7

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 3,054 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, Football, Hockey, MMA, basically anything sports related.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:58 PM

Both the Royals and Cardinals are struggling right now though. We should look at the teams that have played the best of the last two or three weeks. Teams that are getting hot at the right time.

#423 DavyJones

DavyJones

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:56 PM

Well I think I've officially won the league! It was a nerve wracking last day, my team was very unproductive today and it easily could have gone JLPs way.

7gGdAvs.png

#424 Deuce7

Deuce7

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 3,054 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:30 PM

Well I think I've officially won the league! It was a nerve wracking last day, my team was very unproductive today and it easily could have gone JLPs way.

I will send out the winnings later tonight. Congrats Davy!!!

#425 JLP

JLP

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 6,141 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:04 AM

Congrats Davy.  That's American's 0, foreign devils 2 since we started doing this league. 

I think I stayed with it so long and was attentive on a weekly basis because the Cubs were doing well.  I'm pretty sure second place is the best I've ever done in fantasy baseball.

#426 DavyJones

DavyJones

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:07 AM

Beginners luck, it was my first ever fantasy baseball league haha! I usually only play in fantasy hockey leagues. I will sign up for the next baseball one on MMATycoon for sure though!

7gGdAvs.png

#427 Deuce7

Deuce7

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 3,054 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:37 AM

Beginners luck, it was my first ever fantasy baseball league haha! I usually only play in fantasy hockey leagues. I will sign up for the next baseball one on MMATycoon for sure though!

So as the winner Davy gets 750k and 3 months VIP. 

JLP for 2nd gets 250k and 3 months VIP.

Jacman for 3rd gets 100k.

VIP time will be handed out at the end of October.

#428 Jacman

Jacman

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:05 AM

Well I won my money back so it wasn't a failure but still disappointing. Congrats to Davy though, the best team all year got the title.

Jacman_Sig.jpg

untitled-19mnryf.gifgiphy.gif

PFL 6 Champion

2017 Camp League Runner-up

#429 ArtieBanks

ArtieBanks

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:06 PM

Are we doing this again next year? You guys got me watching some baseball and doing a bit of reading on it, I wouldn't want to waste that knowledge. I even got myself a signed Paul Goldschmidt baseball for my collection of sporting shit. 

[13:57:42] Wolf: she fingered my arsehole though

• Guests

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:19 PM

Are we doing this again next year? You guys got me watching some baseball and doing a bit of reading on it, I wouldn't want to waste that knowledge. I even got myself a signed Paul Goldschmidt baseball for my collection of sporting shit. 

I'd be in again for sure.... Let's get an even number of teams this time around so we don't have any "pc only" teams this time.

#431 Deuce7

Deuce7

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 3,054 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:04 PM

I'll be getting sign ups and a new page going once pitchers and catchers report (mid February). As for right now, what kind of format would you guys like to use?? Same as last year, different categories, daily or weekly lineups, etc????

#432 Deuce7

Deuce7

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 3,054 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:09 PM

Damn, a Paul Goldschmidt ball is legit. I'm afraid to see how you will do this coming year with some actual knowledge of baseball, lol.

I'd be in again for sure.... Let's get an even number of teams this time around so we don't have any "pc only" teams this time.

Shooting for 12 like I always do. I really want to avoid having a pc team again, so if we end up with an odd amount we might have to change the style of the league.

#433 ArtieBanks

ArtieBanks

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 05:58 PM

Damn, a Paul Goldschmidt ball is legit. I'm afraid to see how you will do this coming year with some actual knowledge of baseball, lol.

Shooting for 12 like I always do. I really want to avoid having a pc team again, so if we end up with an odd amount we might have to change the style of the league.

I have a collection of stuff I have got over the years (sporting memorabilia). I have my football (Soccer), American Football, Basketball and now baseball corner. Unfortunately I don't think the Ray Rice signed football I have will be worth much in the future :D

As far as the style etc, I liked the way it was last year and began to understand it near the end. So i'd be happy with that. 

[13:57:42] Wolf: she fingered my arsehole though

#434 The1rstSaint

The1rstSaint

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,281 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:16 PM

Count me in, I'm not doing any trades this year though.

Saints_sig.jpg

tenor.gif

#435 Deuce7

Deuce7

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 3,054 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:34 PM

Count me in, I'm not doing any trades this year though.

You say that now. We all know you can't resist a trade Butch

#436 The1rstSaint

The1rstSaint

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,281 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:57 PM

True, its not that I cant resist a trade more so that I'm to impatient with struggling players. We will see its my new years resolution to not trade a player prematurely.

Saints_sig.jpg

tenor.gif

#437 Deuce7

Deuce7

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 3,054 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:57 PM

If you guys want me to get sign ups going earlier let me know. I figure the longer we have the thread up, the more likely we are to get 12 teams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users