PLACE YOUR BETS NOW!

OliWood

$95.00 YB Sol (1.25) v (3.70) Max Marak $71.00

If YB Sol wins then you pay out $23.75 ($118.75-$95) and take in $71 = net profit $47.25

If Max Marak wins then you pay out $191.70 ($262.70-$71) and take $95 = net loss $96.70

Oh, thanks, I'm an idiot... :D

Anyway, to all of those who say I should adjust the odds, what do you mean? Do I have to make it more even?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! Oh well! It seems to be working fine, even if it was my first one and I did some mistakes...

I've added WEC 43's main-event, place your bets!

If you guys want me to put some big fight in the Tycoon World, just ask it, i'll put it!

How did event turn out for you, did make profit?

People! Go to "First Canadian Bookies" and bet on UFC 102, PRIDE 33 and Kings of Rio 30! The link is in mah' sig!

If bookies weren't so crippled people could make a killing on KoR 30, Across the Board has a couple of your favourites as serious underdogs. I made the mistake of betting at your reasonable odds before he put his wacky ones up.

I think not allowing people to bet on the same fight at different bookies is a big mistake.

Set a cap on total bet per fight (sum of all bets on one fight at different bookies) instead. It will help bookies move away from ridiculous odds sooner. The way it is now the bookies can get away with big gambles themselves and I don't think that should be encouraged. With bets on both sides allowed bookies will effectively be betting against other bookies when picking the wrong fighter as favourite, which both makes more sense, and mirrors real life.

If bookies weren't so crippled people could make a killing on KoR 30, Across the Board has a couple of your favourites as serious underdogs. I made the mistake of betting at your reasonable odds before he put his wacky ones up.

I changed mine to whacky ones aswell, since I need some people to bet on the losers, too... :D

I changed mine to whacky ones aswell, since I need some people to bet on the losers, too... :D

yeah, mine (Across the Board) started at even odds, and I changed them periodically to reflect the imbalance in betting. Trying to force people to bet both sides of the line.

I guess I'll find out if I'm doing it right or wrong.

yeah, mine (Across the Board) started at even odds, and I changed them periodically to reflect the imbalance in betting. Trying to force people to bet both sides of the line.

I guess I'll find out if I'm doing it right or wrong.

People still aren't ballancing out at mine yet. I think I might have to raise the bookies stake after all, just so I would get more steady income. I'll decide after the 29th.

I think not allowing people to bet on the same fight at different bookies is a big mistake.

Set a cap on total bet per fight (sum of all bets on one fight at different bookies) instead. It will help bookies move away from ridiculous odds sooner. The way it is now the bookies can get away with big gambles themselves and I don't think that should be encouraged. With bets on both sides allowed bookies will effectively be betting against other bookies when picking the wrong fighter as favourite, which both makes more sense, and mirrors real life.

I agree with this 100%. If I bet at Bookie A with decent odds, then I get much much better odds at Bookie B, I should be able to have bets at both places.

Question....Trying to figure this out. I bet on YB Sol to win. Bet $5 and won $1.25?

Shouldn't I get what I put in plus the extra at a 1.25 odd rating

Your profit was 1.25, so you got a total of 6.25 back.

Interesting you both have Nog and Silva as the underdogs (and First Canadian Bookies seems to have all odds the tiniest bit higher lol)

Oh, these were the default odds made by real bookies. :D I didn't want to change them. About the odds being higher, maybe he raised the bookies stake, I don't know.

Your profit was 1.25, so you got a total of 6.25 back.

You would think that but this is what it shows:

Event Date Total bet Odds Bet on Opponent W/L/D Profit/Loss

CFC 50: Celebration 2009-08-23 $5.00 1.25 YB Sol Max Marak Won $1.25

I profited $1.25