Tale of the Tape Hierarchy

Rambo

Eventually we need to remove or restructure the current TOTT Hierarchy and make it where the Highest rated / lowest rated hidden (outside of experienced) pops up.

If fighter X has 150 confidence and 130 chin. It needs to pop Self Confident. 130 heart and 120 chin/ko Power, heart probably needs to pop up.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Dunno man, it makes sense but not sure if i would play the game if it was like that and probably there are many players with the same opinion. Hiddens are way too important and it takes way too much time to develop a fighter so you should be able to get to know what fighter exactly are you training from early on. I can imagine training 2-3 projects for 5-6 months, try the first - figure he is bad after 3-4 fights, then same happens with the rest and I doubt I will have any motivation to try creating new fighters.

Dunno man, it makes sense but not sure if i would play the game if it was like that and probably there are many players with the same opinion. Hiddens are way too important and it takes way too much time to develop a fighter so you should be able to get to know what fighter exactly are you training from early on. I can imagine training 2-3 projects for 5-6 months, try the first - figure he is bad after 3-4 fights, then same happens with the rest and I doubt I will have any motivation to try creating new fighters.

if people left over that, that sucks but peace out. willing to bet new users will replace yall and stick it out.

This is a big issue in the game. It wasn't like this when mmatycoon first started. Sign to ID org, take fights. For the people that are testing fights vs themselves til they get a granite chin or KO power, you can still cut and release fighters til you get what you want.

Noobs create 4-10 fighters, they pop Intelligent or Self Confident, sometimes determined, they come to forums and ask "hey what's this mean" or they come to forums with their 4-0 fighter and ask what people think of him, and instantly you get a few replies saying "means your fighter sucks you need to cut him. I only keep KO power and granite chin"

and that shit is flawed. very flawed. and can't be healthy for new users or people who can't afford VIP days to keep cutting and releasing dudes til they get granite or KO power. Probably unhealthy for new users whose 1 fighter who looks promising is getting told by vets and whole community that he, more or less, sucks.

Plenty of p4p #1 fighters have popped b.s. like Self Confident, Cuts Easily, Determined, or would of popped something like that if it weren't for 'cardio machine' overriding it.

i.e.

Jigoro Kane, Scotty Bennett, Golden Glory

arguably (key word) 3 goats of their respective weight classes. now imagine all the guys who have cracked top 10 p4p. top 100 p4p.

Edited by Rambo
  • Upvote 4

That doesnt change the fact of how important hiddens are. Since i am playing i cant remember a top10 fighter who didnt pop something good on tott. Worst was Perkele who had determined which is right after chin and ko power. All I am saying is that hiddens are important to a level that they could overcome sliders in a certain fight and having to train a project for long without knowing what are his hiddens would suck.

That doesnt change the fact of how important hiddens are. ​Since i am playing i cant remember a top10 fighter who didnt pop something good on tott. Worst was Perkele who had determined which is right after chin and ko power. All I am saying is that hiddens are important to a level that they could overcome sliders in a certain fight and having to train a project for long without knowing what are his hiddens would suck.

Fight. Early and often. Fights reveal hiddens.

Lot of fighters that entered top 10 p4p pop cardio machine, good gas tank, insanely flexible, or powerful.. and you really don't know their hiddens til they fight more often.

Spawn Diego is top 10 he popped determined. Wein popped insanely flexible. Defoe cardio machine. Mateus Gracie good gas tank. all those guys are top 10 atm.

you go through top 10 w/c I bet you find a lot of cuts easily, self confident, etc.

• Upvote 2

luke had several fighters pop likes musicals or pizza and the old Good in Bed and still got them to #1 -- think rayden did too along with bubba (bubbaganose -- was in fighters pit but cant remember his entire name - maybe it was) -- probably the only manager in tycoon history to never cut a fighter for any reason until they were old and he had plenty reach #1 in their class -- personally I hate the idea of cutting fighters so often or cutting them if not perfect hiddens, just sort of stupid -- honestly i would prefer hiddens either stay hidden totally (meaning no way to figure them out other than having lots of fights) or like rambo mentioned make them easier to understand -- only other way to do this would be cut down on the ability to cut fighters so often, unless use vips days to do it

• Upvote 1

luke had several fighters pop likes musicals or pizza and the old Good in Bed and still got them to #1 -- think rayden did too along with bubba (bubbaganose maybe it was) -- probably the only manager in tycoon history to never cut a fighter for any reason until they were old and he had plenty reach #1 in their class -- personally I hate the idea of cutting fighters so often or cutting them if not perfect hiddens, just sort of stupid -- honestly i would prefer hiddens either stay hidden totally (meaning no way to figure them out other than having lots of fights) or like rambo mentioned make them easier to understand -- only other way to do this would be cut down on the ability to cut fighters so often, unless use vips days to do it

Good in Bed! I never got a fighter that popped that but I remember really wanting one for creative character purposes for the longest time lol..

I'm ok with people being able to cut and release over and over again if you want to farm hiddens. Spend VIP days. Game makes money. Ok with that. Just need to make it more difficult to farm the hiddens you want since they override potentially other higher hiddens like confidence and IQ.

I also HATE the message we send to newer players when they ask us about their fighers that didn't pop chin or KO power.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Good in Bed! I never got a fighter that popped that but I remember really wanting one for creative character purposes for the longest time lol..

I'm ok with people being able to cut and release over and over again if you want to farm hiddens. Spend VIP days. Game makes money. Ok with that. Just need to make it more difficult to farm the hiddens you want since they override potentially other higher hiddens like confidence and IQ.

i can only imagine the write ups if you got one Good In Bed (dirk diggler would of been good one to pop good in bed) -- lol

on the cut over and over again that is sort of my point -- I would like to see it instead of 14 days (for vip) though make it 30 or 45 days for each fighter and if want to cut one sooner have to use vip days like now but just extend the time -- so it would make them use more vip time thus being a perk to being vip as to when nonvip you cant cut early anyway -- that way if want to farm up fighters cause of their hiddens it will cost more -- but i would like to see them stay hidden for most part with having to fight your guy to learn them -- or maybe dont have any hiddens for tott till after 7 or 8 fights maybe -- i mean how can you know someone has granite chin or ko power if they have never fought -- you only learn and know by their fights, just make tott say less or other things till so many fights are reached

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

i can only imagine the write ups if you got one Good In Bed (dirk diggler would of been good one to pop good in bed) -- lol

on the cut over and over again that is sort of my point -- I would like to see it instead of 14 days (for vip) though make it 30 or 45 days for each fighter and if want to cut one sooner have to use vip days like now but just extend the time -- so it would make them use more vip time thus being a perk to being vip as to when nonvip you cant cut early anyway -- that way if want to farm up fighters cause of their hiddens it will cost more -- but i would like to see them stay hidden for most part with having to fight your guy to learn them -- or maybe dont have any hiddens for tott till after 7 or 8 fights maybe -- i mean how can you know someone has granite chin or ko power if they have never fought -- you only learn and know by their fights, just make tott say less or other things till so many fights are reached

Dirk Diggler probably would of popped good in bed if cardio didn't override it.

It would make sense to lower time between releasing a fighter to 7-10 days and make price for cutting them early more expensive.

I find enjoyment in the hiddens that pop up though so I don't mind it. Just never understood the method behind TOTT hierarchy...

I feel like all hiddens should operate like Solid Chin / Granite chin. We're telling people to cut fighters that might have 140-150 heart and confidence because their Chin or KO power isn't X level *

* X = what exactly? 70, 80, 90... idk what the cut off stat is.

New players will get that message one way or another, sooner or later, if actually there was someone to tell me that earlier it would have been much better than finding it the hard way - I remember spending like 1h on fight preparation just to see the fight starting with knockdown, he's rocked, cut. And lets not make fighter development any slower than now since it is already too slow could we? No one would wait two months to sack a bad fighter, that's ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

I think the tott overhaul is a great idea. Might make it a bit easier to create grapplers too, since right now even intelligent is an iffy hidden to pop for a grappler. And you could change the way you want to train your fighter early, for instance if a grappler pops ko power, or a striker intelligent

edit: and it might make fighters with just good hiddens more worth it. If it takes a few weeks to discover a fighters potential, people will be less inclined to sack them, leading to a lower average for hiddens in active fighters

I think the tott overhaul is a great idea. Might make it a bit easier to create grapplers too, since right now even intelligent is an iffy hidden to pop for a grappler. And you could change the way you want to train your fighter early, for instance if a grappler pops ko power, or a striker intelligent

edit: and it might make fighters with just good hiddens more worth it. If it takes a few weeks to discover a fighters potential, people will be less inclined to sack them, leading to a lower average for hiddens in active fighters

When there's unanimous feedback from vets that a fighter that pops anything other than granite or KO power has limited potential, that's an issue.

I don't understand the hierarchy unless Mike's goal was for people to cut and releasing fighters as frequently as possible til they got granite/power. If your fighter has 150 heart... why would solid chin (80?-110?) pop up instead of determined? Same goes with IQ and Confidence.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

When there's unanimous feedback from vets that a fighter that pops anything other than granite or KO power has limited potential, that's an issue.

I don't understand the hierarchy unless Mike's goal was for people to cut and releasing fighters as frequently as possible til they got granite/power. If your fighter has 150 heart... why would solid chin (80?-110?) pop up instead of determined? Same goes with IQ and Confidence.

True, I feel like that's part if the reason why sprawl-and-brawlers are so popular. The tott (chin or ko) that gives the most chance of having a good total of hiddens fits that style the best. A grappler doesn't need ko power, and it probably has more use for a great iq than a great chin.

True, I feel like that's part if the reason why sprawl-and-brawlers are so popular. The tott (chin or ko) that gives the most chance of having a good total of hiddens fits that style the best. A grappler doesn't need ko power, and it probably has more use for a great iq than a great chin.

I'd much rather have a grappler who has a great chin and mediocre IQ rather than a high IQ grappler with a mediocre chin. Having a lack of chin just means your timeframe for getting the fight down is way more limited.

As for the proposed idea, I was initially 50-50 on it, but the more I think about it the more I like it. Would certainly mean you get less of the same on average in the game.

I'd much rather have a grappler who has a great chin and mediocre IQ rather than a high IQ grappler with a mediocre chin. Having a lack of chin just means your timeframe for getting the fight down is way more limited.

As for the proposed idea, I was initially 50-50 on it, but the more I think about it the more I like it. Would certainly mean you get less of the same on average in the game.

Depends on Confidence and Heart.

People forget to mention, a Granite Chin with NO heart is totally fuckin useless.

yea had many granite chins go down and out with single punch -- heart to me is one of the main hiddens

That's the thing, hiddens compliment each other. You can have great KO power, but if you have shit IQ and rock an opponent with good heart (add good IQ and confidence to make deadlier combo), you might let him recover and he'll kick your ass.

I've had plenty of fighters that have good KO Power and shitty IQ that will rock fighters and let them recover and lose a decision.

I've had plenty of fighters that have granite chin get knocked out without even getting knocked down or rocked first due to piss poor heart.

IQ is probably the easiest hidden deficiency to work around, but the benefits of having a high IQ do wonders like no other.

I'm thinking it was Mike's intention to "have us in the dark" with the hiddens to a certain extent.

I like the idea of other things showing if they are higher/highest but how are we to know a fighters chin if he's got a solid chin but greater heart? I suppose we'd just have to fight it out and see?

I have a feeling though that this would be hell to reprogram the TOTT hierarchy.

I'm thinking it was Mike's intention to "have us in the dark" with the hiddens to a certain extent.

I like the idea of other things showing if they are higher/highest but how are we to know a fighters chin if he's got a solid chin but greater heart? I suppose we'd just have to fight it out and see?

I have a feeling though that this would be hell to reprogram the TOTT hierarchy.

That kind of the thing though. Why would we even know the chin before a guy starts fighting. You can't really test that irl in a gym.

It should be super simple.

Chin messages "both these guys have solid chins" and "Fighter X has the power to get to Fighter D's chin and score a KO" pre-fight messages.

That kind of the thing though. Why would we even know the chin before a guy starts fighting. You can't really test that irl in a gym.

To play devil's advocate, in a way, not fully, but definitely in a way. You can usually tell who can take a punch or who turtles like Brock Lesnar after a good day of sparring... to some degree.

MMA is purely a strategic sport if you actually know anything about it. You come in with a strategy in your head and if it does not work you change it, that's how it always worked in the sport of fighting. Why the hell would you not change tactics if you had the chance. If anything add sliders to see how aggressive you are going or something along those lines.

Chin messages "both these guys have solid chins" and "Fighter X has the power to get to Fighter D's chin and score a KO" pre-fight messages.

Well this already exists. You can see at the very start of the tott sometimes there is a comment saying that.

I have a fighter who has koed a granite chin fighter in 15 secs and koed a big heart fighter in 1:15 minutes and koed an intelligent fighter at 55s. And my fighter only has determined.

Well this already exists. You can see at the very start of the tott sometimes there is a comment saying that.

I have a fighter who has koed a granite chin fighter in 15 secs and koed a big heart fighter in 1:15 minutes and koed an intelligent fighter at 55s. And my fighter only has determined.

I've got a guy who popped Self Confident that's been fucking up all kinds of people in ID restricted org.

• Upvote 1

To play devil's advocate, in a way, not fully, but definitely in a way. You can usually tell who can take a punch or who turtles like Brock Lesnar after a good day of sparring... to some degree.

I'd say out of all the hiddens, heart and chin are the hardest to test, unless you're in a gym that does meat days. Intelligence and Power would be way easier to spot in a training.

If you are experienced it's not very hard estimate your fighters hidden however we can never know exactly the hiddens so that's why we need more clues from the tott. We can easily find out about the fast learner and the intelligent so fur and cuts and injuries not that hard, plus confidence maybe as well through the morale calculation.

However many fighters I get with wonderful strenght, pop from early fights very strong and powerful instead of a hidden. And it's hard to get more info later on about their hiddens so this idea would solve that problem.