a note to mike tycoon

Yeah, CGrace is an expert in quitting himself. I love those guys who make a lot of noise about quitting and end up staying.

I love those guys that quit, but stay active on the forum...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

first idea to help new players:

cozad elite gyms.

just for fighters of managers that play the game less then 6months, 9months.

like 12 elite coaches, 50$ fees. max capacity 60 fighters.

if one gym per city is not enough mike can open few.

offcourse all of this if mike can set that only managers with ceirtain id lvl can enter them.

second idea to help new players:

since this game has a lot of cool options with vip option i think as an owner mike wants as much as possible vip players.

so maybe instead giving vip to new players for a week or two (not really sure how much is it) to have like extra two rewards for getting few more vip weeks. like 5 win streak 2 extra vip weeks, 5 ko wins 2 extra vip weeks. and hopefully all of that (a month and half of vip time) would be enought to hook a new manaegr to vip playing.

idea for game enrichment:

new styles. to create really totally different fighters. you can choose 4 primaries but can choose from some 8 different from the start (i know this is lot of programing for mike) and thing like that. same goes for secondaries and maybe some physicals.

now when you look at otso jokinen it is pretty much end of it :) the guy is good at everything that any other fighter in this game can maybe have.

but if there was an elite judo guy vs elite wrestling otso has it would create more slider war and fun.

anyway just ideas

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I love those guys that quit, but stay active on the forum...

Should I have made a big retirement/goodbye thread when I stopped playing? What do you think? I really stopped. And I love attention. I don't post here often, but when somebody needs to be made fun of, then count me in.

I forgot the ellipsis. Count me in...

first idea to help new players:

cozad elite gyms.

just for fighters of managers that play the game less then 6months, 9months.

like 12 elite coaches, 50$ fees. max capacity 60 fighters.

if one gym per city is not enough mike can open few.

offcourse all of this if mike can set that only managers with ceirtain id lvl can enter them.

like this idea cause in-game money is hard to find especially when you are starting out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

At first when the fighter slots was expanded once more to 20 slots I thought: yes! more fighters, now I can start making the top fighters from start that I didn't know how to create when I started to play the game..... but now 8 months later, looking at my fighters I ask myself why I even bothered. Still stuck in the gym, looking terrible, and they are on the more quick side of the learning curve. Fighting at low level just simply isn't any fun for me personally. I don't get anything out of it. If win it's because I was "supose" (being the experiance manager), if to I lose it might be because of bad luck or to the fact that you eventually will lose at somepoint. It's a mix between beating up noobs (who can win occasionally but ussually dont) or fighting against a beast fighter that has trained for years vs your low skilled fighter and is there to steal the hype. I do really like the game although this post probably seems overly negative and it might not come out in a very positiv way but it comes from the passion for the game that simply started to rot because of all the time and effort put into the game and then realising that starting over with new fighters basiclly killed the whole feeling of game. It's like OP said, the joy turns into dislike when starting all over again and is the part of game that is simply not fun for me personally at this stage in the game (played for more then 2 years) having already gone through the process once. It's not very tempting to do it again. Right now the feeling that is stuck with me is that It's better to take that fighter you have with the sucky hiddens and go to a lower org than to wait for a new fighter to crawl out of the gym to replace then once you kicked out.

Find where I said I was quitting? I think I said I wasn't spending another penny. Big difference.

Wow Stu, I thought you really were a Stu_Pidasol but I think your starting to get it. Your exactly right your a cbomb.

I was thinking about leaving before and starting up again. Maybe my username could be something really funny like that people will think I'm cool for?

Mike_Hunt

Seymour_Buts

I.P.Freely

Hugh_Jass

What do you think Stu?

"Its the time for me to hang up my key board and move to the Bahamas.

I am now retired."

You said it right there.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, when Eds Fan wrote this last year my first thought was "WHHHAAAAAAAA" However, after taking a year off of Tycoon and watching my entire roster degrade and retire, I can completely relate to the OP.

I think it's okay that it's hard to start a new business and make it work. It's like the real world. I started a gym at $50, then bumped to $100, then around $500, then $1000. Each time I jumped and bought new coaches, it was a risk. My gym could fall flat on its face and it'd have to close, or I'd lose VIP time. I eventually bumped it up to $1000 and made a good profit per week and it still was a good gym, I still have fighters in there even though I don't own it anymore.

For me, part of this game that makes it really fun is the reward of toughing through the beginning. The reason I stick around is because I've earned where I'm at right now. It wasn't handed to me in hopes I'd stick around longer. In turn, that's why I'm still here.

There are no "Styles" when every 28 yeaor old fighter has all the same maxed out skills.

That is the biggest problem right now, training is purely a reward in patience it is not like you are creating anything strategic or tactical, you are simply spending 2 years to make a guy who will look identical to every other 28 year old from a skills perspective.

Skill points should have been capped a long time ago, way lower than they are now.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Perspective from a new player

I opened my account at the end of December, so I've been up and running now for what, 9-10 weeks? Let me start by saying that I believe this game is one of a kind. I love management games, MMA, and player creation. I understand that many of you player vets going for 2 years plus may have lost this perspective, so I'll forgive you for seeming so whiny. :training2:

Some of you sound fatalistic, like the sky is falling. Listen, this is a great game. I never spend money on browser games, but for this one I did. I'll stop brow beating you now. :whip:

Some excellent warning posts have been made about speeding the game up too much, and I concur with this. I don't want to see Silva Grappler XIII out there, I really don't. Could things move a little faster? Sure. But I would think it bad to go faster than 10 week years. (Also, some of you have blasted this idea, saying training would be slower. I think the idea of speeding up the game year would be to also speed up training and reduce energy/injury penalties accordingly with the new player year)

Any faster than that, and if I have a busy work week or two, I might miss out on a whole year of my fighters life. They should be around long enough to actually mean something.

It has also been pointed out, that the most important factor in all of this is that we can have 'fun'.

1. Setting a training plan is fun. Figuring out what kind of fighter I want to build is fun. I don't know enough about total player skill caps to comment on them, but I definately believe there should be a decent hard cap to promote different player style builds. There should also be some decent decline (perhaps a hidden) that involves skills AND hiddens. No one keeps a granite chin forever. Decline is hard to watch, but it builds nostalgia, and is accurate.

2. FIGHTING is fun. The worst thing some of you do is suggest to new players they get started on projects, and then make suggestions that would allow the newbs faster training to succeed with projects. ??? No way man, newbs should be encouraged to start with 25 year olds .. get fighting, have fun, learn the sliders. I don't care one bit that I can't compete with vet managers. ID restrict orgs make anything possible, in my mind.

Take these guys for example http://www.mmatycoon...hp?FID=203992 http://www.mmatycoon....php?FID=206443

Having an absolute blast with them. OH and don't let me forget this guy http://www.mmatycoon...hp?FID=205377 I found out about QFC creation tournies with VIP prize, built him and WON !!! This was probably the most fun I've had in the game so far.

Some criticism though ... I had to dig a bit to find this option. I had already created my four fighters .. i actually fired one so i could build a guy for the tourny.

So in closing, let me talk about how I think we could make things more 'fun'.

* More of these no-energy loss tourneys, with trophies. I know the grappling tourney will start this year. Great idea. Should be no energy loss, and really, without overkill, a few more tourneys could be added .. maybe one a quarter, so the community has something fun to look forward too for bragging rights throughout the year. Why not add a boxing tourney? Sell it as a 'fund raiser', no energy loss three 2-minute rounds with pads. Something like this to let people FIGHT more .. but not necessarily something that will hurt their record or energy/training time.

Also, I believe there needs to be a little better automated newb guidance. The scenario has been proffered where the newb makes his fighter, losses or wins in a QFC, and can't fight again for 10 days, and thus quits. I believe this happens, for sure. What would help?

After 'create fighter' a screen would pop up with , "Would you like guidance with your first fighter?" yes or no. I know there is a 'beginner' creation link, but it didn't default there, and I never even noticed it until looking just now.

Then there could be a few 'models' to choose from. ie "Stand up mixed fighter" .. most of the points allocated to boxing/mt .. with some left over to spend as they choose. After they finish primaries, at physicals some kind of guidance near stamina (would you like to fight right away, or train some first? suggesting lower or higher stamina accordingly, and having some starting values coded (again with wiggle room for them to make their own choices) towards the fighter style they chose.

A little more guidance for the newb may help keep them around longer.

That's all I have for now, thanks Mike for the great game.

• Upvote 7

I was talking about have to improve the game and make it better for new guys wit Virtuouz yesterday.

At first I was like second server would help a lot to new guys because they would have a lot of changes to get on the top and they would want to play the game. Like if I join some of these managers like Hattrick.org when I start to think that I will need like 2 or more years to even get somewhere it kills desire to play. But there is a problem with second server because it would split community here and that would be bad because now at this point there is not to much active managers in forum and in the game it self. So what could be alternative for this? Womens division! First of all it would be like second server but in the same game new managers would have a lot of fun because at this point they would have the same chances or close to that to get to top as the old guys and they would want to play the game also womens division at this point is very popular in real life it just got add in UFC and the ratings on first fight there was amazing.

Thanks for the constructive post. I will be improving the experience for newer managers at some point this year. There have been more things added since you were a noob, including daily messages for the first 7 days you're in the game. One of those points out the QFC tourneys.

Are they like Tony Robins type messages?

"believe in yourself!"

"nobody noticed you were hard the whole time."

"the key to success is located in the third dungeon."

"no woman will ever respect you until you do them in the pooper."

Or things along those lines?

very nice! may i just ask, i have been in this game for 2 and 1/2 years now but im still a white belt in the forums, that sucks,btw im not a vip so maybe thats why. :)

very nice! may i just ask, i have been in this game for 2 and 1/2 years now but im still a white belt in the forums, that sucks,btw im not a vip so maybe thats why. :)

post count is what changes belt color -- dont remember the levels but i think 15 to 20 post and your blue