Have gyms as a separate company

Wolf

Gym as a separate company or not?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should you be allowed a company and a gym

• Yes
    • No

This may be a little unpopular but hear me out. I think instead of having gym's take up a company space they should be like a bookmaker where you can have a gym and another company. Why? Because i think that there are a lot of people out there who have the money for private gyms but already have a company so they ask other people to hold these gyms. What happens when one of these people goes inactive or steals the money for whatever reason. I just feel as a gym owner (trying to get rid of it) i find i would like another company but the gym is a hindrance to that.

Discuss

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I get the principle behind your thinking and why you'd want it but then you could argue that why should people who own clothing companies (which are pretty redundant outside of moral boost and laundry) not be allowed a clothing company and an organisation but gym owners could do?

I see where you are coming from with the clothing companies but i shall put it like this. Money. Gyms dont really make much money in a private gym with 12 elite coaches adn 20 fighters it loses a lot whereas clothing companies do make a lot of money. Thats just my view on it though im always willing to listen to others peoples views :)

I see where you are coming from with the clothing companies but i shall put it like this. Money. Gyms dont really make much money in a private gym with 12 elite coaches adn 20 fighters it loses a lot whereas clothing companies do make a lot of money. Thats just my view on it though im always willing to listen to others peoples views :)

fair point when you put it like that, maybe then if you own a gym you should only be allowed to run a nutrition or clothing company but not org, alliances or bookmakes (and you cannot pair your own). to be honest I don't make a killing on clothing but I probs make more than gyms loose so that is a fair point to think about.

• Upvote 1

My vote has instantly been swayed to yes but on these conditions;

You sead companies A, B and C

A: Organisation

B: Clothing and Nutrition

C: Bookmakers, Alliance, Gyms

You may have 2 companies (1 from B and 1 from C) OR 1 A Company (so basically an org.)

or the possibility of buying an extra slot for company, to the same rules as above, for $20?

• Downvote 1

Definitely not. It would bring even more orgs/clothing/nutrition companies in to game, it will be harder to sign fighters, harder to sell your product, company quality would drop and public gyms would be worthless cause everyone will have a private one.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Most people do have private gyms though. All im saying is that it be added into the same category as a bookmakers, where the richer people of the game can have a private gym they have and not have to trust someone else with it

• Upvote 1

If the issue is gyms not making money, just have mike change the setup of public gyms so that the quality is there and they can make a buck. Right now you cant really run a quality gym with small class sizes and make any money. I would reduce the cost of coaches in public gyms. Dont want to just bump up fees because noobs cant even afford $1000

I voted yes but have now changed my mind.

I think if you want a privet gym for your fighters get rid of your other company.

Im an org owner my self and have thought about getting rid of my org to run a privet gym for 1 on 1 training. But it would be to hard for new guys to get to the top there would be far to many new company's and would just end up going of the scales.

I run a gym, and I made 25k for a while and now make 8k a week, but I hardly spend a minute doing anything with it, just change equipment so I basically get money for doing nothing. Like Marky said, having more companies brings more money into the game which we really don't need right now

I think we should be able to have a gym for personal use for our own fighters

But we should be allowed to keep our other businesses

We dont want a gym to make $$$ but use our cash to train our own fighters to be the best

And it might make it more challenging to run a public gym (there are too many with 200+ members) ....great when we wanna spar but when we wanna fine tune skills it would be perfect

It would be a great way to get the big boys to get rid of all that cash they use to dominate over the people permanently chasing their tails

1 - No Fee (so no cash to be made)

2 - Cost to hire trainers and arrange weekly upkeep (Cash to be spent but no financial gain

3 - Gym to be used by our own fighters ONLY

We need to do something about a way of a compromise so we can have a gym as well as a business ... networking with managers is the way forward but is hard to do when your trying to catch the Big Boyz ... they all got a million alliance members but an alliance should be made of people you think add something extra to the team

Not just everone !!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Definitely not. It would bring even more orgs/clothing/nutrition companies in to game, it will be harder to sign fighters, harder to sell your product, company quality would drop and public gyms would be worthless cause everyone will have a private one.

I fully agree on that ! So for me the answer in no

So if we have a gym, org or alliance etc ......

We cant have another company !!!

And

We dont get any spin and win credits for any other business but clothing stores

So restricted to 1 company

Spin & Win credits are won by stores (so have a store if you want credits) ..... and suffer if not

I think we either need to do something about paying stores spin and win credits, even though most of the stores on the game are really just for laundry

Laundry is handy but is possibly ruining the business side of MMA Tycoon

• Downvote 1

Spin & Win credits are won by stores (so have a store if you want credits) ..... and suffer if not

I think we either need to do something about paying stores spin and win credits, even though most of the stores on the game are really just for laundry

Laundry is handy but is possibly ruining the business side of MMA Tycoon

Laundry is a large part of the business side in Tycoon. plus you get it for nutrition companies too AND it's on 10 creds (1 spins) a week.

I gave up my clothing because I found it boring. I made probs around $100-150k per month and got 40 cedits (4 spins) extra a month. I've started running a gym because it seems more interesting and to be honest, it helps the game more than another clothing store.

I agree laundry helps the game ....

But it doesnt help clothing stores, we should have a better system to launder cash

But rewarding credits to a store that doesnt SELL products .... but units of laundry

is mad !!!

If we had them seperate the clothing stores & laundry would be ok

But I dont mind a clothing store doing laundry from the store, but they shouldnt get them added to the 500 sales ....... and should have to make actual regular sales

If clothing stores win a little spin & win ...... why cant other businesses

(Or would it be better if we could have more than business so we can have stores ...... not just a mass of laundry options and a minor clothing store ...... and nearly a non existent list of nutrition companies

But again ....

We can have one company

Clothing/Nutrition companies rewarded ..... for generally no actual sales .... mainly laundry

If they are awarded credits, why cant all companies .... only fair (maybe not orgs as they have the option of gaining credits from forum posts or tycoon times publishing

But adding a laundry/bank store type thing might make the clothing/nutrition companies more competitive (for actual products)

Im gonna stop typing now ....... but will be back ...... something needs doing

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The bigger issue I think is that certain people are allowed and have been allowed to own 2 companies for years

It makes no sense to me at all and it isn't fair. If anybody is allowed 2 companies, everybody should be allowed 2 companies. I'm kind of surprised nobody brings this up at all - I think it's a no-brainer to me. Everybody should be on an even playing field

• Upvote 1

The people that are allowed 2 companies are the people that were there in Beta. Allowing people to hold 2 companies would discourage teamwork between players, and just bring more companies in which will lead to lower quality and standards.

• Downvote 1

The bigger issue I think is that certain people are allowed and have been allowed to own 2 companies for years

It makes no sense to me at all and it isn't fair. If anybody is allowed 2 companies, everybody should be allowed 2 companies. I'm kind of surprised nobody brings this up at all - I think it's a no-brainer to me. Everybody should be on an even playing field

what? there are managers out there that have 2 companys? how is that possible?

seems unfair to me.