(CFC) Canadian Fighting Championship

chuckw94

• 3 weeks later...

Hello folks, just throwing out a feeler message here, CFC is on the lookout for an experienced manager to join us to assist with the day to day operation of the company. I have already sent out a couple in game messages but wanted to throw it out here as well to see if anyone might have interest. Let myself or Chuckw94 know if you do.

CFC is currently looking for 2 short notice fights for this weekend, if you are out there without a dance partner and are willing to take a crack at either of these guys please get in touch. Financially we can make it worth your while. One slot is available for Friday Aug 26th and one slot available for Saturday Aug 27th. Contact Louie in game if you are free or able to get free from contract for a one off. Prefer top 150 opponents if we can find them

155 - http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=174544

185 - http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=157733

Who all was in the Gentlemens club? I dont remember. Its been so long.

Yeah same for me. I can't even remember if i was in that one to be honest. I think it was JLP and some other guys off the top of my head but i may of even been in it i can't remember either haha. Since i have been back i realized i forgot more then i remember. Chuck may remember.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings once again to all managers and fighters from across the Global Community. With the recent acquisition of Destiny FC in Tokyo by the management team from CFC we are looking to expand our business operations. One of three possible options exist for us and someone looking to join an active and successful team. Are you an aspiring Org owner looking for insight and direction from managers with a wealth of experience? Do you currently have an operation in place but are looking to grow your company or are you an already experienced Org manager looking to jump in again and take over a company and run with it?

If you fit any of these areas please get in contact with me either here or via in game email and we can discuss further

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for a matchmaker or two, MUST know how to handle a very large roster and how to deal with all sorts of managers without fighting with them. Also as much as I like giving new guys a chance I think I would prefer someone who has been here awhile and knows the game and it's managers. PM me in game and we can discuss if you're right for the job and work out your fee, must be able to start right away. Also if you're a current org owner who wants to take the job AND merge into CFC, we can work out a buyout and get thing going right away. Thank you for your time

• Upvote 2

Looking for a matchmaker or two, MUST know how to handle a very large roster and how to deal with all sorts of managers without fighting with them. Also as much as I like giving new guys a chance I think I would prefer someone who has been here awhile and knows the game and it's managers. PM me in game and we can discuss if you're right for the job and work out your fee, must be able to start right away. Also if you're a current org owner who wants to take the job AND merge into CFC, we can work out a buyout and get thing going right away. Thank you for your time

Curious how much you paying to be a feeder org ?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

CFC is back, we're looking for all weight classes except for 135 and 265+. I'm currently recruiting and looking to buy out a base roster if anyone who wants to sell. In honor of CFC's return and my 11 year anniversary playing the game i'll be giving away 11 100k sponsorships, 1 per manager.

• Upvote 10

CFC is back, we're looking for all weight classes except for 135 and 265+. I'm currently recruiting and looking to buy out a base roster if anyone who wants to sell. In honor of CFC's return and my 11 year anniversary playing the game i'll be giving away 11 100k sponsorships, 1 per manager.

Awesome news Chuck !

Welcome back !

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1592963931vKlOUNl.jpg

The Return of Canadian Fighting Championship

If you thought things only ever rose from the dead in movies then this news would have had you sputtering your morning coffee all over your keyboard. MMATycoon’s day one fighting organisation Canadian Fighting Championship has returned and they have their sights set firmly on being number one!

With MMATycoons equivalent of the Sultan of Brunei, Chuck W94 behind them, you just know this isn’t an idle threat. Having already made significant moves in the market to get the ball rolling, Chuck has been rapidly amassing a diverse army of young, hungry up and comers, older battle tested veterans and steely eyed journeymen who are relishing this once in a lifetime opportunity for fame and glory.

Interestingly, CFC isn’t waiting around for anything. They’re not building up slowly in tiny arenas and they aren’t gradually building towards their division titles. They are going straight for the jugular in what can only be described as a damn free-for-all! Everybody has an equal chance to shine but the cream of the crop is going to rise very quickly indeed. For premium pay you need premium play and everybody is going to have to pull their weight in order to get CFC back up amongst the big boys of the tycoon universe. Every title is up for grabs from the start so with that being said, lets take a look at some of these championship bouts as well as some of the more interesting match ups from their opening weekend of action.

4th July Weekend

What a historic date for CFC to return; 4th of July Weekend! A celebration of when the dastardly American ingrates turned their backs to the glory of the British Empire. Unlike those traitorous American colonies however, The Canadian Fighting Championship doesn’t need the help of anybody else to fight it's battles and instead will stand on it’s own two feet with two top notch cards of MMA action.

CFC 426 takes place in Montreal at the 21500 capacity Belle Centre and features the bulk of the organisations new title fights. CFC 427 goes down at the MMA Grand in Las Vegas and features a number of interesting match ups and number one contender fights. Let’s get straight down to business and examine the fighters that are going to be competing for championship gold

135lbs Title Fight

Elroy “EC” Clarks (12-7) vs. Maung Maung Thu (0-3 MMA, 11-2 KT)

A big opportunity for young KT fighter Thu as he takes on former Panda Fights champion Elroy Clarks. On paper, this doesn’t look all that competitive as Clarks is by far the more well rounded MMA fighter but as a p4p number one in the KT world, Thu has a chance if he can keep this standing and avoid the grossly superior ground game of “EC” Clarks.

145lbs Title Fight

Tzu “Pang-Tow” Chu (7-6) vs. James Quinn (6-0)

Undefeated 6-0 prospect James Quinn will be taking a huge step up in competition as he makes his first appearance in a professional fighting org. I call him a prospect but in truth he is already in his prime at thirty years old and you have to wonder why he has delayed this moment for so long? Interestingly, his opponent, thirty-three year old Tzu Chu has only managed thirteen fights himself since making his debut back in 2016. A mixed record of 7-6, Chu has gotten the bulk of his MMA education over at GAMMA: Contenders and should provide a stern test for the undefeated Quinn.

155lbs Title Fight

Mordecai “Golden Boy” Sackett (39-17 MMA, 7-2 KT) vs. Nando Vasquez (18-14)

If the question of “deserving” should arise with some of these title fights then surely no one could deny that 41 year old MMATycoon star Mordecai Sackett is “deserving” of any and every success that should come his way? Making his pro debut all the way back in January of 2015, Sackett has been there and done that and picked up a tidy collection of championship belts from various different orgs all along the way. He has also had the good fortune to have crossed paths with some of the games very best managers and has always managed to deliver for them on the day. Sure, there’s no question that Sackett is in the twilight phase of his career but he is clearly still capable and even launched a solid KT career within the last year that saw him go 7-2. Now, five and a half real life years later, Sackett has the opportunity to once again become champion but first he must defeat experienced veteran Nando Vasquez.

Vasquez is a fighter I have followed since infancy when he joined the IFC’s lightweight division. Always a solid opponent for anybody, he has decent finishing power and a good grappling pedigree. He has never quite managed to put a good enough run together to earn a title shot until now where he has gone 3-1 in his last four. A big opportunity for both fighters here.

170lbs Title Fight

Welter Weight (19-6-1) vs Zed Baby! (21-10 MMA, 1-0 KT)

The 170lbs division gets going with a bang when popular slugger Welter Weight takes on recent Panda Fights champion Zed Baby! There’s no doubt in my mind this one ends with a KO and though Weight comes from the more prolific camp, I have to say that Baby has been looking sharp and will be coming into this on a three fight winning streak.

Weight is no stranger to the title scene having held Skraps 170lb strap back in late 2018 but since then has been a little erratic with his performances until now. Coming into the bout with four wins and a draw from his last five, Weight will likely be a favourite to walk away as champion here. Regardless of who wins however, I’m picking this one as being a potential 100% rated fight.

185lbs Title Fight

Nick Sins (14-12 MMA, 1-2 KT) vs. Yef “Holocaust Thriver” Yew (26-9)

For the middleweight belt, journeyman Nick Sins gets his moment in the sun as he takes on former prospect Yef Yew. Yew at one time was considered one of the brightest potential stars at 185lbs as he went 11-0 from his debut and racked up four different belts from four different orgs in his first year and a half of competition. Over time however, Yew star has diminished considerably though he still remains a well rounded, high level competitor.

His opponent Nick Sins has had something of a nomadic career having fought at no less than six different mma organisations. Sins has never really done anything of note and this will be his first time competing for a title. Many will argue that Sins doesn’t have any business fighting for the belt and it will be solely down to him to prove those people wrong.

205lbs Title Fight

Kento Kawamata (13-5) vs. Simon “Gris” Gustafsson (12-8)

Getting in to the big boys of the division now where Kento Kawamata will take on Simon Gustafsson.

Kawamata is only just beginning to reach his prime at 28 years of age but has already captured both Budokai’s heavyweight title and Panda Fight’s light-heavyweight strap since his debut back in September 2018. Whilst there are a few defeats scattered amongst his thirteen professional victories, it must be noted that Kawamata has been competing in one of the most competitive ID ranges and weight divisions in recent times and has fought a who’s who of talent within that sphere already.

His opponent Simon Gustafson is also a product of that era though hasn’t quite managed to reach the same heights has Kawamata. There is an argument to be made however that Gustafsson hasn’t fought solely within his ID range and thus has had the tougher fights but whatever way you look at it, none of that will have any baring on this fight here.

You could say this is something of a grappler versus striker match up as Kawamata has the better stand up and an excellent record of KO finishes (12 out of 13 wins) whilst Gustafsson is equally as prolific as a submission artist having notched up a perfect 12 out of 12.

An interesting match up with Kawamata the favourite going into it.

265lbs Title Fight

Radio Phillips (8-4-1) vs. Britt “The Hurricane” Cubbedge (7-4 MMA, 6-3 KT)

I can’t wait for this one folks. The CFC heavyweight title will be decided by two young up and coming stars neither of whom have tasted championship glory as of yet. Radio Phillips, who is guided by one of the most unheralded managers in MMATycoon Forfiter elPolako,faces duel combat athlete Britt Cubbedge.

Radio Phillips got his start over at WolfPac Fighting Alliance before it moved to a 360k where he earned a shot at their 265lbs title. From there he moved to Panda Fights and once again quickly earned himself a shot at the champion. Both times falling short, Phillips will hardly believe his luck as he walks straight into another opportunity.

His opponent Britt Cubbedge had not yet competed for a title until now but with some solid results in both the cage and the KT world it surely wouldn’t have been too far away anyway.

On paper, Cubbedge looks to have the edge in pretty much every area but I wouldn’t put it past Phillips to find a way to overcome.

Whatever the result it will be good to see a young prospect take the throne and even more interesting to see if they can grow into that crown.

Other worthy mentions

185lbs

Rodney Alcala (18-8) vs. Ryszard Wojcik (8-2 MMA, 9-2 KT)

This 185lbs match up is sure to be a very relevant one in this newly created Middleweight division. Rodney Alcala, a former champion at Panda Fights, is coming into this fight on a five fight winning streak. He has also picked up numerous wins over a good deal of the division already meaning that he will be an absolute no brainer should he get the win over duel sport combatant Ryszard Wojcik. Wojcik is possibly more well known for his time at Rio Heroes where he became an overnight sensation after picking up their 185lb title. That’s not to say that he doesn’t have any credentials in MMA. He was one of the top fighters over at Destructive Fighting Championship and good enough to challenge for the title at one point. He most recent foray into the cage was a failed attempt at capturing the Rapid Fighting Championship belt. Though less of guaranteed shot at the title with a win, Wojcik would certainly be a solid proposition to challenge.

265lbs

Charles “The DeKalb Ripper” Bronson (22-12) vs. Ara “Turtle” Tiotio (17-2)

Ara Tiotio is another long term prospect for CFC and will be coming into the bout off of a big win over former League of Leagues runner up Samuel Nti. At 17-2 and only 26 years old, Tiotio’s work ethic and talent speaks for itself and he will certainly be putting it on the line as he takes on 22-12 grifter Charles Bronson. Bronson, who has seen a few personnel changes in his career, hasn’t really managed anything of note in recent times and you would have to go back three irl years and three managers ago to find anything interesting on his record (A single title victory in the obscure Baddest Man on the Planet organisation)

Tiotio would be all but guaranteed the next shot at the title with a victory here but this is a very dangerous fight for him considering Bronson’s well rounded skill set. Slightly outgunned in most areas, it is the Muay Thai that would be most concerning for him as that still a work in progress. He is an elite boxer however and he will have to hope that boxing alone is enough to get the job done

170lbs

Sergey “Philosopher” Burenkov (9-6) vs. Louis C K (16-6)

The welterweight division is already starting to look like a competitive one and these two fighters will certainly be looking to establish themselves as credible forces within. Both Sergey Burenkov and Louis C K are only just coming into their primes and the winner of this bout would be moving very close to a title shot without question.

C K is the more experienced fighter out of the two and possesses some elite level boxing and wrestling whilst Burenkov has the edge in grappling and submissions. Definitely a dangerous fight for Burenkov who has a lot more to lose going in and will still be the slight underdog.

170lbs

Dany Crosby (17-13-1 MMA, 7-9-3 KT) vs. Mew Choo (24-14)

Another exciting fight at welterweight is between former Amsterdam KT champion Dany Crosby and former IFC openweight champion Mew Choo. Both are solid editions to CFC’s 170lb ranks much so because of their substantial fan base. Both possibly past their primes, they are still obviously capable of putting on a show and this one should be no different.

Choo actually has a win over Crosby from Empyrean back in February 2019. He won via KO in the third so there will be an element of revenge in Crosby’s motivation.

Though doubtful that a win would be enough to deserve a title shot, for either fighter, victory here would definitely mean moving up amongst the top five in the division.

155lbs

Travis Copeland (12-7) vs. Emre “Obama” Hussain (29-14)

Exciting prospect Travis Copeland has already had a taste of the championship life when he captured WolfPac Fighting Alliance’s lightweight title in October of last year. He managed to defend it twice before defeat where his form has been somewhat shaky ever since. Perhaps a change of scenery will do him good as at only 25 years of age, he certainly has time in his favour.

He’ll be taking on a very experienced Emre Hussain who is another fighter that has seen many different orgs and many different managers over his long career. Some believe that Hussain has lingered around a little too long and is quickly moving in to journeyman status. A shame considering a pretty successful past history with his best period no doubt stemming from his time over at GAMMA: Contenders where he held their featherweight belt before moving on. Still, his latest manager Leo Vendrix obvious still sees something in him and will be hoping his move to CFC can rejuvenate his career

• Upvote 9

• 2 weeks later...

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1592963931vKlOUNl.jpg

Canadian Fighting Championship returns for weekend two of it's glorious revival and once again features two stacked cards full of hungry talented individuals looking to make their mark in the MMATycoon world.

Pretty much all the titles have now been claimed with those new champion finding a bullseye planted firmly on their backs. With a clear goal and vision of just who is being chased, it will most definitely add some intensity to this weekends proceedings!

Let’s take a look at the Top 5 fights from each of the two cards

CFC 428

Belle Centre, Montreal - 11th July 2020

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1593994941428.jpg

265lbs+ Super-Heavyweight Title Fight

The final CEC belt to be contested will be the Super-Heavyweight one and what an explosive fight it looks to be.

On one side you have youngster Ted Bundy who at only 26 years of age has yet to even reach his prime. Already though Bundy has made quite a name for himself and comes to us as a former undefeated champion at Panda Fights where he went on a four fight rampage. Before that Bundy was sharpening his claws in a few different places but always doing rather well for himself.

His opponent will be 41 year old veteran Knock Out from Howling Skull in the United States. Knock Out was a former Island star back in 2016 where he spent most of his time as the heavyweight champion of Lebowksi Island Achievers. He put on a great performance in the end of season tournament where he cruised into the finals after defeating his first three opponents by first round KO. He narrowly missed out on taking the whole thing after losing a decision to overall winner Isidoro Rodrigues. After the island, Knock Out moved to mainland and with a change of management ended up at KOFC where he was able to have a largely successful career as their on/off heavyweight champion. Knock Out actually claimed his third title there at the KOFC org finale before seemingly taking his retirement in September of 2018.

Perhaps taking inspiration from the likes of Randy Couture and Dan Henderson who remained top tier competitors going into their forties, Knock Out announced his comeback midway through October 2019 and picked up his thirty-second professional victory at CEC 680. He followed up with a loss and then parted way with his management for a second time.

This brings us roughly to now where, under new management once again, Knock Out found his way to Panda Fights and has been looking in fine form once more. Two fights, two wins both by KO and now like the times of old, he finds himself competing for championship gold.

This is a tough fight for Bundy who is actually ranked higher than Out but who looks to be a little outgunned in the stand up department where Knock Out excels. However, Bundy seems to have been developing quite a dangerous ground game and his last two fights have been submission victories. Knock Out seems to have a healthy disdain for that side of things much preferring to scrap it out on his feet then get involved in all that jiu-jitsu stuff. This could potentially be his undoing however as if Bundy can get this fight to the floor it would be a huge surprise if blue belt Out could shut down Bundy’s offence.

Overall, Bundy has just as much of a chance as Out here and in truth is the long term player in this game. At 41, Knock Out is definitely looking over the other side of the hill here but remains, currently, a very dangerous opponent for anyone.

145lbs

Another veteran fighter up next as 44 year old Liquid Gold takes on 37 year old Gaia Ky Jr.

Gold has had a long career and has fought within some of the biggest and best organisations in the MMA tycoon world including Claymore Elite Combat and GAMMA. Getting his start all the way back in 2014, it took Gold a little while before he was able to compete for a belt; 2017 in the obscure WFC to be precise. It’s fair to say that Gold’s story is somewhat unremarkable though he has made a little resurgence over the past year or so where he became EFC’s featherweight champion at the age of 42. His last run in an org was at CEC where he went even at 2-2. Gold has been out of action for sometime now and this bout will be his first in over six months. Under the guidance of his third new manager Gold could potentially move into title contention with a win here.

His opponent will be grappler turned fighter Gaia Ky Jr. The “Son of Greatness” Actually Ky Jr didn’t start off that great at all having had a tough time in the grappling world early on. After a single win in the New York TWGC qualifier, Ky went on to a six match losing streak before managing to get a win over grappling legend Rodney Holzken. Ky continued with his grappling dream and though the wins starting racking up more and more the TWGC title is still something that alludes him to this day.

Around 2018, a gym buddy convinced Ky to try MMA and quickly arranged for him to compete in a smoker style QFC match. Ky’s advanced grappling skills set him far apart and it didn’t take him long to start making a name for himself in the cage as well as on the mat. Canadian Extreme Fighting Championship were the first to spot the 3-0 fighter and signed him up to their lightweight division. Another three victories and Ky was given a shot at the title. Unfortunately Ky was defeated by a much more experienced opponent but undeterred Ky continued along the MMA path and eventually found his way to Tokyo based Panda Fights where he finally accomplished his life dream of being a champion. Now Ky is back in Canada once more and will be looking to make a big first impression of the CFC crowd.

Definitely something a grappler versus striker match up, Ky Jr is the one to watch here as a recent undefeated champion and on a four fight winning streak. Gold could definitely has the skills to pull off an upset though, especially if he can keep the fight on the feet. It has been a while since he has set foot in the cage however and it’s likely ring rust will be an issue.

Ky Jr would without question be in line for the title with a win here while Gold would be a strong consideration. Either way there is a hell of a lot to be gained from this fight and it is expected that both fighters will be giving it there all.

185lbs

Moving into the Middleweight division now which is starting to emerge as one of the most competitive looking ones in CFC. Solid journeyman Kaz McStafferson takes on undefeated prodigy Papi Trantor

At only 22 years of age, Papi Tantor is definitely taking a huge step up in competition in joining with CFC but after his recent run over at Wolf Pac Fighting Alliance there is little in the way of concern for him. 10 fights and 10 victories with sixth of them being title defences, Tantor has a hell of a bright future ahead of himself especially under the tutelage of former #1 manager Jorma Oltsu. He faces a stern test in his CFC debut however when he takes on experienced former island fighter Kaz McStafferson. With almost four times the amount of cage time in comparison, McStafferson will be looking to teach the youngster a thing or two whilst at the same time establish himself as a firm contender for the 185lbs belt.

As mentioned already, the middleweight division is currently stacked with talent so a win here would in no way gaurentee a title shot for either of them though it would likely put them only one away. Both would feel that they have a good shot at it currently as Tantor has made things look extremely easy so far whilst McStafferson actually has a recent win over current CFC champ Yef Yew.

A good test for Tantor and an opportunity to show that he is capable of taking the next step

175lbs

An interesting showdown up next as two young warriors make their way out of ID restricted land and into the wild west of Open ID. Dorde Dramicanin takes on “The King” Elvis Presley.

Dramicanin has spent his learning years at both top 330k orgs in Jag and Skrap and has amassed a respectable 11-4 record while doing so. His opponent Elvis Presley can also claim the same orgs as former stomping grounds though interestingly the two have never crossed paths; until now that is.

Dramicanin will be entering the bout as the bookies favourite with many believing him to have a significant advantage in the grappling that could come into play. Presley is a solid all rounder though not much of a finisher with ten of his fourteen victories coming at the hands of the judges. Still, these two are very well matched and this could end up being a potential fight of the night especially considering that a shot at the title could be on the line for the victor

145lbs

A rematch from their recent meeting pits Liverpool native John Lennon against former IFC champion Klaus “The House” Chugman.

Lennon had a bit of a weight issue in his last bout and after coming over three pounds over the limit his bout against Nigel Nobody and was called off by the commission. Unfortunately, those close to the fighter report that his weight is still an issue leading up to his CFC debut which would be a huge shame for everyone involved. Hopefully this isn’t the case on the day.

Chugman will be itching to get back in the cage with Lennon as their last bout ended by a controversial split decision. Many in attendance as well as Chugman himself believed he had done more than enough to win after dominating on the ground for much of the bout.

The Bantamweight division is still a growing one at CFC and Chugman could find himself as a strong contender for the title should he manage to overturn his previous result against Lennon though he may need to find a more entertaining way of doing so. Lennon has a great stand up game that lent a hand to an 8-8 KT career and has the power to trouble Chugman early on. Chugman has elite grappling skills but will need to look for a finish rather than rely on the judges for a win.

CFC 429

Madison Garden Arena, New York - 11th July 2020

205lbs

Two very evenly skilled fighters top the CFC 429 card and they will be making their debuts here in their new home and hoping to make a good impression on the CFC matchmakers.

Bo “DDT” Teebs has been around for a while now and has always loitered around the top of the division wherever he has been. Without a doubt his most successful tenure was his time in Tokyo as Budokai’s open-weight champion. There he scored wins over former Island star Bob “The Slob” Fury before losing the title to Mark Strong and then moving on to Syn. Teebs has also changed management a few times in his career and though his current arrangement hasn’t been that long, so far it seems to be working very well with Teebs having won five out of his last six. That single loss being a title fight at Panda Fights.

His opponent tonight is 34 year old John Muir of the United Kingdom. Muir too has been on the scene for a good amount of time with his best run coming not that long ago at all. Muir was a big part of the now defunct Empire FC heavyweight division reigning supreme as champion and making six defences all the way until the orgs closure in October of 2019. After his spell there Muir made the decision to drop down to light-heavyweight but wasn’t able to replicate his level of performance at 265lbs. A failed shot at Pulse FC’s light-heavyweight crown and then a follow up loss afterwards leading to a break up with his then management and semi-retirement. Muir has now decided to get back into things and will be doing so under the banner of a new team

Muir isn’t as prolific a striker as Teebs but he is certainly capable in that department as well as extremely well rounded. He is able to supplement his all round game with a competent submission game as well as being able to take a patient tactical approach. This is in stark contrast to Teebs who is very much likely to go straight for the kill. This is reflected in his 22-18 record.

Truth is that if Teebs doesn’t KO Muir then there is a strong possibility that Muir ends up putting him away before the final bell. With newly crowned champion Kento Kawamata almost within reach right now, both fighters would have a hell of a lot to gain by picking up the win here

265lbs+

Co-main event for the evening sees the debut of the big boys. Mark Lesnar and Dave Watson will be looking to make a big splash in the much smaller pond of the current Super-Heavyweight pool.

Mark Lesnar has already made a good name for himself in the sport after his performance in Season 8 of the Island. There he managed to capture both the IXF heavyweight and super-heavyweight titles before crashing out in the third round of the end of season tournament. Lesnar’s reputation was so that he commanded an instant title shot when he made his first appearance on the mainland at the short lived Ultimate Combat Federation. After a short stint as champion there he found his way to Tokyo where he joined up with Budokai Fighting Federation and though finding the going much tougher, he did eventually capture the 265lbs+ title there too. Now, making his debut under new management, Lesnar looks to build up again once more and stake his claim on the CFC gold

To get there is he going to have to deal with a much younger opponent in Dave Watson. Watson is much less experienced though did compete under the Budokai banner around the same time but in the heavyweight division. Watson has yet to compete for a title and to be blunt, has been rather up and down with his performances over the past year and a half.

Just by watching them in the gym, Watson looks to be the much more advanced fighter but that doesn’t always translate to the cage. Lesnar has more to lose in this one as the higher ranked fighter and would likely earn himself a shot at the title with a win. Watson likely has more work to do but Lesnar would provide the perfect scalp to make a name for himself with and would certainly make a few people sit up and take notice if he can get one over on the island veteran.

The bookmakers have this one close but personally I have just a little coin on Mark Lesnar here.

205lbs

Another solid match up from the CFC brass pits dangerous journeyman James Gregor against younger prospect Henri Jospin.

Both fighters making their debuts here at CFC and both having made their way over from Tokyo based Panda Fights. Gregor is the far more experienced fighter here and should provide a stiff test for Jospin who has been in fine form of late currently riding a four fight win streak. All four wins by KO might be of some concern to his opponent Gregor who has lost around half of his fights via that manner. Then again, Gregor himself has a perfect 100% KO rate when he is winning so maybe not?

Both fighters are ranked right next to each other in their weight class. Gregor at 145 and Jospin at 146. Both have a little way to go before they could be considered title contenders currently so a good start here would help them on their way. Not an easy one to pick as skill wise things are fairly even but you would have to go with Jospin as the younger, hungrier fighter with more to prove at this point

265lbs

Back to the heavyweights and another two fighters aiming to turn things around in their new home. 41 year old veteran Johnny Bizihwaeile takes on elite kickboxer Jon Erikson.

Bizihwaeile makes his way over from PL MMA (now SynCity: Galaxy MMA) where he had a tough time in their heavyweight division picking up only two wins out of six fights. Currently with his fifth career manager, Bizihwaelie will no doubt be hoping to get back to the high points of his career such as his run as KAMIKAZE champion in 2017 or his brief on/off spell as North Star Combat in 2019.

Opponent Jon Eriksson has certainly had a nomadic career so far and in all honestly, is dangerously close to being considered a journeyman fighter. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. If it wasn’t for the fighters willing to get in their no matter what, the fight game would be a far more barren one. Eriksson is still young enough to make a name for himself however and the CFC could be the perfect place for him to do so.

Both fighters have some extremely destructive hands in their arsenal as well as some slightly questionable chins. Neither are currently in great form but the general feeling is that Erikson should be able to get past Bizihwaelie

265lbs

Next up, a tale of redemption as two failing fighters look to turn the tide on their atrocious recent performances.

DJ Maximus is a name that will be known to many in the game and not entirely due to his association to former #1 manager Ibrahim Camara. At 42 years of age, Maximus is definitely in the twilight of his career and has racked up many miles on his body alongside his 74 professional fights. He has also been through several managers during his professional life and it’s fair to say that his current arrangement has not yet borne fruit. Still searching for his first win under Bob Loblaw’s direction after four fights, Maximus will be coming into this on a five fight losing streak overall.

His opponent is former Cage Coloseum Fighting champion Thiago Araujo who has really been struggling of late and who has not had his hand raised since August of last year. Araujo comes into this bout on a seven fight losing streak and really there couldn’t be a more perfect opponent for one another.

Very much a grappler versus striker match up, Maximus has a tremendous 44 KO victories to his name. A number large enough to strike fear into any opponents heart. Araujo on the other hand has never actually won by using his fists and instead is is know for his submission game. Neither are known for having amazing strike defence so this could definitely play into the hands of Maximus but should the black belt from Brazil get this fight to the floor, the odds would surely shift heavily in is favour

• Upvote 3

14829606962429.jpg

James Quin

My name is James Quin. I was born on the mean streets of Ghent. When I turned sixteen, I asked my mother if I could start training mixed martial arts. Now, she’s a single mother, working two jobs just to make ends meet, I was expecting her to say no but my heart was set on becoming a fighting champion. After arguing about it for days, she finally gave in. I could become a mixed martial artist. There was only one condition: I had to beat my mom in a street fight.

Now, you think I just steam walled over her and got my wish granted, right? Well, you’re wrong. She knocked me out with one punch. Luckily, she felt so cocky, she said I could challenge her anytime I wanted to. “Challenge accepted!” I shouted back at her.

I looked up some boxing tutorials on the internet and started training on my own. Since I didn’t have a punching bag casually hanging around in my room, I started using my own chin for target practice. Now, for some reason I don’t really remember much about those days but I’m pretty sure I practiced a lot.

I challenged her again a few months later and won. Then came the most beautiful words I have ever heard, coming out of my mom’s mouth no less: “Muhummm moomoo neenoo.” Now, you may think those are not real words and you’d be right. In my mom’s defense though, it’s not easy to speak when you just had your front teeth punched down your throat.

After clearing everything up with the cops, my mom gave me what little money she could spare and I started training MMA full-time.

Now you know my life’s story but the story is only just beginning. I just won the CFC featherweight title and I intend to keep it for a long time. Don’t believe me? Just watch CFC 432 and see me defend the belt for the very first time.

• Upvote 3