Is Ronda Rousey a jerk?

But I think that Zingano is the one able to beat her, 'cause she is a true MMA athlete, as Rousey is just a "one trick pony", doing the same shit all the time, as long as Zingano can defend the armbar and give her some knees just like she did with Miesha, she will get the belt.

Fuck that's a stupid argument.

"Rousey is a one trick pony because she uses the same sub" neglects so much about MMA that Rousey does very well; her throws and wrestling might well be the best of any woman in the division (possibly the sport), her positional grappling is superb (she isn't grabbing those armbars while being mounted). Zingano might beat her, but it won't be because Rousey isn't a "true MMA athlete".

Of course yes! Rousey has never shown any striking AT ALL! Did you see her throw a single kick? And her punches are just here to set up the throw, you can not pretend to be a champ when you are doing just one side of MMA, I didn't say that Rousey was just good in applying armbar, but the idea is that she's just good at grappling, and not that good, may I remind you that Carmouche almost tap her out?

Fuck that's a stupid argument.

"Rousey is a one trick pony because she uses the same sub" neglects so much about MMA that Rousey does very well; her throws and wrestling might well be the best of any woman in the division (possibly the sport), her positional grappling is superb (she isn't grabbing those armbars while being mounted). Zingano might beat her, but it won't be because Rousey isn't a "true MMA athlete".

couldn't agree more, just because Rousey chooses to end fights with the same submission over and over again doesn't mean she's a one trick pony

Of course yes! Rousey has never shown any striking AT ALL! Did you see her throw a single kick? And her punches are just here to set up the throw, you can not pretend to be a champ when you are doing just one side of MMA, I didn't say that Rousey was just good in applying armbar, but the idea is that she's just good at grappling, and not that good, may I remind you that Carmouche almost tap her out?

If you want to go the "not showing much at one element of the sport makes you a one trick pony" route, then practically nobody is well rounded.

"Almost" submissions don't count for shit.

That anger shows that I might get a point on that. Just trust me, as soon as Zingano will put a hand on her face, Rousey's mouth is going to be shut down for good.

As good as she can be, an arrogant cbomb still and arrogant cbomb.

I've watched all of her professional fights and her striking is regrettable to say the best. Also about those takedowns they're basically judo-based... they're not an indication of a wrestling background.

Not taking anything away from her: she is a top athlete who deserves to be the champ right now... but I kind of still wanted to see her against a decent wrestler with hands and fair top control with effective defensive grappling from the bottom. Maybe it's asking too much from WMMA right now but being somewhat hypothetical I think somebody with this profile would basically (wo)manhandle Ronda standing up and neutralize her on the ground.

The assessment of most will be that Rousey is a jerk.

Rousey is a complicated human whose flaws are perhaps compounded by the fact she is a competitive athlete. Some of these impressions we have of her will be based on TUF. Manipulation of content on a reality show aside, as much of a jerk as Rousey can be (or even is), she was shown to have a concern for certain fighters.

i think if ronda meet cybrog at 145 she would be in trouble -- demanding cybrog drops to 135 is just silly nonsense for ronda not to face her

Rhonda was 145 up until Cyborg was her next fight. That is why she dropped to 135 to get an immediate title shot instead of challenging for the belt in her own weight.

That anger shows that I might get a point on that. Just trust me, as soon as Zingano will put a hand on her face, Rousey's mouth is going to be shut down for good.

The anger comes from how fucking stupid your argument is. Zingano might win, it won't indicate that Rousey is not good but rather that Zingano is good -- having seen Tate take her down at will though, I doubt she beats Rousey.

I've watched all of her professional fights and her striking is regrettable to say the best. Also about those takedowns they're basically judo-based... they're not an indication of a wrestling background.

I can't actually recall her striking with the intent of striking rather than the intent of clinching. As for wrestling background, I have 3 points.

1) Wrestling background doesn't translate to MMA wrestling every time, see also GSP, Arona, and Aldo having no wrestling background yet very good wrestling.

2) There's pretty much nothing in Judo from a takedown perspective that doesn't also exist in wrestling at some level.

3) MMA matches aren't competed with wrestling shoes on,