Bully Beatdown is fake , right?

Right? I've heard a lot of rumors of it being fake and I'm pretty sure. I mean I just saw a guy off the street fight Eddie Alvarez and I'm thinking to self there's no way that could possibly be real is there? Are there really people that arogant out there that would attempt to with limited to no training would attempt to fight the bellator lightweight champion?

It has to be fake because if it's not , I have lost all faith in humanity. There is no way anyone in there right mind would sign up to fight Eddie Alvarez with no training unless it was fake.

Yea, I doubt the bullies and such are real, or the circumstances.

Though this is America, people would do anything for money, including getting their ass kicked on national television.

It's hard to tell. One of the bullies had previously worked as stuntman, leading people to believe they all were and the entire show was staged. However, one isolated case isn't a rule.

mayhem admitted that some of the shows were totally scripted (meaning the "bully" was an actor and didn't know the "victim"), but i think a couple of them were actual bullies/victims.
No, he was trolling the UG forums.

No, he was trolling the UG forums.

haha, that's funny. i never looked into it more after seeing that, but i just read mayhem's quote.

I really don't care if a few conspiracy theorists on the internet think

that bully beardown is fake- anyone with half a brain will tell you

that you can't fake beating the hell out of someone, and that happens

on every episode. Do they think we hired a stuntman that can projectile

vomit on command?

Internet nitpickers and rollerbladers, who we poked fun at in an

episode have come out claiming the show is fake, but its legit. Are the

bully's douchebags? Yep? Do they want to be on tv? Hell yes. They all

really think they can beat my pro-fighter too. Yes, you don't have to

be on the internet to be completely stupid. Yes, I pwned you guys.

There's the Bully Beatdown tell all, right there, let's see if the fruit-booters put THAT on their website...

Mayhem

Of course it is fake. TV producers don't risk money filiming things that *might* turn out o look good on TV. They make sure it looks good. People will do anything to be on TV, no need to wait on real life drama and hope you happen to be there with the right camera angles. Just script it and go.

The business logic alone dictates this.

Of course it is fake. TV producers don't risk money filiming things that *might* turn out o look good on TV. They make sure it looks good. People will do anything to be on TV, no need to wait on real life drama and hope you happen to be there with the right camera angles. Just script it and go.

The business logic alone dictates this.

Meh, while the drama is fake, the beatdown looks real.

The drama is fake the fights are real. Its not that big a deal to fight the pros. I have trained with many pros before and spared with them in MMA and boxing. there are lots of guys walking the street who have natural born fighting ability, natural punching power, or just naturally made for wrestling. Just because you are a pro dont mean you are invincible. There is a lot of guys on the street who would KO many top MMA fighters if the MMA guy didnt use his skills and take the fight where he has the best chance to win. Also you know these guys ahve to pass medical tests and they are not really out of shape either. An ass whooping is an ass whooping no matter who is giving it out. As long as the ref is there to stop it once they have had enough there is no reason for anyone not to step in the cage(under these circumstances) and give it a shot.

I know one thing. I would not wear the head gear the contestants are forced to wear. Those things suck major ass and i would rather get hit bare knuckle than with head gear.

Anyone who thinks the fights are fake need to watch a little more combat sports. The stand up potions is exactly what you see in toughman contests. Someone not used to getting hit gets in with headgear and get disoriented with each punch and their head whipping back. As for the ground game. Walk into a BJJ school and roll with someone who is your size and purple belt or above. No one who has ever trained would call the fights fake. The bully drama is set up and almost makes me not want to watch it it so corny. They get a volunteer to fight then they develop a story and plug him in.

The bully part is so obvious it makes the entire show look fake. But anyone who thinks about how flawless they film these "dickhead Bully's". These guys are always waiting for the camera to film the challenge. They always take it. The Bully always has a different background. Rapper, basketball player, weight lifter, etc. Have to have different storyline's after all.

The best one of all was the 160 lb street fighter who claims to be the toughest in town. They just get some schmo to talk big and as you can see on this thread there is no shortage of people who want to believe it. I mean lets be honest. It would be impossible to set up a real show like this with real bully's. 90% of people accused or caught bulling would not accept a fight with a real pro fighter especially not for just a CHANCE of winning 10K. Where are all the bully's who turned it down. People are supposed to be writing in trying to get their bully on the show. There should be tons who turned it down. Where are they. If Bully's accept at such a high rate why not find scumbags on youtube who are being bully's or assholes and challenge them then everyone would know it was legit. As of now nothing suggest the story lines are real.

I mean lets be honest. It would be impossible to set up a real show like this with real bully's. 90% of people accused or caught bulling would not accept a fight with a real pro fighter especially not for just a CHANCE of winning 10K. Where are all the bully's who turned it down. People are supposed to be writing in trying to get their bully on the show. There should be tons who turned it down. Where are they. If Bully's accept at such a high rate why not find scumbags on youtube who are being bully's or assholes and challenge them then everyone would know it was legit. As of now nothing suggest the story lines are real.
Since you want to go there, if someone weren't willing to compete on the shows, why would they waste airtime on that person?

Yea for sure. The drama seems fake.

The fights however are probably real. I don't see why they'd fake it. I mean, the "bullies" are getting their ass kicked one way or another.

Since you want to go there, if someone weren't willing to compete on the shows, why would they waste airtime on that person?

Thats not what i meant. Where are the people online who were contacted by them? MMA is a tight nit online community. Im sure there are tons who tried to get on the show. Mayhem fans, hell there was a thousand of them on the UG. Where are the people who were turned down or at least contacted about being on the show? If they were looking for real cases to put on the show many fans who be contacted. But noone is on the forums claiming such. Just like most game shows the contestants are scouted. Actors, extras, stuntmen, friends of the producers, etc.

You couldnt get on "Bully beatdown" no more than you can got on "who wants to be a millionaire".

Thats not what i meant. Where are the people online who were contacted by them? MMA is a tight nit online community. Im sure there are tons who tried to get on the show. Mayhem fans, hell there was a thousand of them on the UG. Where are the people who were turned down or at least contacted about being on the show? If they were looking for real cases to put on the show many fans who be contacted. But noone is on the forums claiming such. Just like most game shows the contestants are scouted. Actors, extras, stuntmen, friends of the producers, etc.

You couldnt get on "Bully beatdown" no more than you can got on "who wants to be a millionaire".

there's always the possibility that they have to sign a non-disclosure agreement before the producers will discuss the show with them, or before they are allowed to "submit" a bully for the show.

are you grasping for straws here?

there was a guy from the little ass town I grew up in who was on WWTBAM, he was just smart, not any of the things you say