Thanks for Giving MMATycoon

SteelPenn

On this day of giving VIP will be given. 3 months VIP will go to the person who gets the most up votes for telling us what makes this game so special to them. I will tally the votes on Sunday.

Good luck.

• Upvote 3

What makes this game special for me? I just love the community.

Community doesn't love you back.

On topic - Well, first thing that comes to my mind and I am sure that this is the reason that at least 95% of the people here play for is the diversity mma tycoon offers. You could aim to be the best manager, to have the best fighters but if this is not exactly your thing, there are plenty of other opportunities for you. Practically, you could do almost everything MMA-related. Have an org, make it the most popular around the world, or run the most successful and rich business. You could be a writer submitting articles to the newspaper, make designs for org events' posters, give a bad-ass look to some fighter and so many more. Heck, there is even an integrated social network. The other thing that makes it a top online game is that everything is user-run, no AI. This brings awesome opportunities for player-to-player interactions, which is one of the main reasons that people play online. Yes, the game has some minor flaws, but I can say that in 15 years of gaming, I haven't seen so interesting browser-based game.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

I guess for me its logging in to see if my orgs event did well and looking to see how all the fighters did in the event not just mine but i have slowly became a fan of all the fighters in my org ! lol

also just popping in to see what is going on in the forums i love making designs posters avatars etc thats probably what i like the most i like talking mma too so there is a lot of that here

'i cant really pinpoint just what it is that keeps me logging in everyday but over the last 2 years this has became the only game i play anymore i guess thats it lol

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

The game caters for managers on all levels. Not everyone (like myself), will, or takes the game so serious that they want to be No1, and understand every aspect of the game. Not knocking the ones that do....at all. Without them, we wouldnt have the great orgs, and fighters we have in the game.

The game gives back what you put into it. If you want to put in the time and effort, you will eventually end up in the higher echelons I would imagine. Myself, Im not savvy enough to totally understand the fight engine, sliders etc, but this doesnt mean my level of enjoyment in the game will be any less than those that do. I can, and prefer to fight in the 260k+ orgs, and my level of understanding of the game allows this.

Players totally new to the game can still have a lot of fun, and success (relative), fighting in the newer orgs, 300k/290k and I think this sets the game apart from a lot of other similar games. You dont have to be a master, or play the game forever to get to a level where the game becomes interesting or enjoyable.

Although there is a lot of mudslinging in the forums, a lot of the mud being slung is by a lot of the more experienced managers who have been around the game for a while. People can have their own opinions/judgements of them, but most of them contribute something to the game to make it better for everyone playing, particularly the noobs.I suppose what im saying is that is has a good community of players

• Upvote 5

The game caters for managers on all levels. Not everyone (like myself), will, or takes the game so serious that they want to be No1, and understand every aspect of the game. Not knocking the ones that do....at all. Without them, we wouldnt have the great orgs, and fighters we have in the game. The game gives back what you put into it. If you want to put in the time and effort, you will eventually end up in the higher echelons I would imagine. Myself, Im not savvy enough to totally understand the fight engine, sliders etc, but this doesnt mean my level of enjoyment in the game will be any less than those that do. I can, and prefer to fight in the 260k+ orgs, and my level of understanding of the game allows this. Players totally new to the game can still have a lot of fun, and success (relative), fighting in the newer orgs, 300k/290k and I think this sets the game apart from a lot of other similar games. You dont have to be a master, or play the game forever to get to a level where the game becomes interesting or enjoyable. Although there is a lot of mudslinging in the forums, a lot of the mud being slung is by a lot of the more experienced managers who have been around the game for a while. People can have their own opinions/judgements of them, but most of them contribute something to the game to make it better for everyone playing, particularly the noobs.I suppose what im saying is that is has a good community of players

TL;DR. Need more paragraphs.

• Downvote 1

Not to many story of love for the game here. I will leave this until next week and see if we can get some activity.

All tied up at 1 vote per. Weird. Come on guys give some love.

The major issue with a contest based on upvotes is people will just neg other people in order to put themselves higher in the scoreboard.

Fuck it this is my reason for why I love MMA Tycoon anyway. Doesn't matter about winning or losing some VIP for me, just about actually contributing to a thread which is about something positive.

Firstly - It's actually a game which anyone can succeed at. Everyone starts out knowing nothing and it is a combination of studying the game, learning, and getting some form of luck with your fighters hiddens (Insert joke about Wolf and Aaron here). I'm currently at my best ranking situation in the past 3 months than I have been in over 7 years of playing (Started in Nov 19th 2009). Sure it took me a while, but I eventually got the hang of it and got a bit of form going. Now I am not saying I am a world beater by any stretch of imagination, but you get the streaks of wins that make you feel great which counter the losing streaks which make you wanna rage quit.

Secondly - The community plain and simple. Sure we have some nutjob and dickhead characters, but the community as a whole is one of, if not the best, I have seen from any browser game I have ever played. You have tonnes of old players willing to help the new ones, everyone loving the latest drama, and the rivalries everyone wants to see when it comes to people's ego on the line. You got a variety of all kinds of characters and it just makes the game that bit special compared to others which tbh are pretty vanilla.

Third - The actual in game depthness. You suck as a manager? You can sell clothes. Wanna be active every day? You can run a Fight Org. There is so much you can do in this game that you rarely find yourself bored within the first while of playing. Shit, I'm here 3 years later still running the same org I did when I came back to the game. There is something for everyone and that ties in with my previous statement on the community where everyone fulfills a role within the game.

Fourth - My respect for Mike. As much as I might wanna quit the game at times, Mike does a fantastic job in the game with the recent bullshit a testament to that. Sure you can sometimes say he tries to please everyone too much, but this is his business and he is going to go with the popular thought on some decisions. Even throughout his real life stuff, he kept the game up to date on any happenings which is more than I can say for some of the other game owners I have seen.

And lastly - Because it is 7 fucking years later and I still have a shit tonne of things left to achieve in the game so I ain't going anywhere until then.

Now I got that out of the way, cheers Penn for making a thread which actually has some people saying positive things about the game. It's something that is quite needed after the recent shitstorm and gives Mike a place to read all the positive thoughts on the game.

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 3

I think because it is by far the best MMA SIM game that there is.

Second because nearly everything in the game is controlled by other human beings. This makes the game super interactive; and it makes the in game ups and downs feel very real.

Thirdly there are so many ways to succeed; you can be a top fight manager or a top org owner. There are so many different elements and so many achievements to be had.

The last thing I would say is that it's a very clever game (Kudos to Mike) which allows us to shape it to some extent to what we want it to be. Everyone is allowed to enjoy it in their own way

• Upvote 2

The major issue with a contest based on upvotes is people will just neg other people in order to put themselves higher in the scoreboard.

Fuck it this is my reason for why I love MMA Tycoon anyway. Doesn't matter about winning or losing some VIP for me, just about actually contributing to a thread which is about something positive.

Firstly - It's actually a game which anyone can succeed at. Everyone starts out knowing nothing and it is a combination of studying the game, learning, and getting some form of luck with your fighters hiddens (Insert joke about Wolf and Aaron here). I'm currently at my best ranking situation in the past 3 months than I have been in over 7 years of playing (Started in Nov 19th 2009). Sure it took me a while, but I eventually got the hang of it and got a bit of form going. Now I am not saying I am a world beater by any stretch of imagination, but you get the streaks of wins that make you feel great which counter the losing streaks which make you wanna rage quit.

Secondly - The community plain and simple. Sure we have some nutjob and dickhead characters, but the community as a whole is one of, if not the best, I have seen from any browser game I have ever played. You have tonnes of old players willing to help the new ones, everyone loving the latest drama, and the rivalries everyone wants to see when it comes to people's ego on the line. You got a variety of all kinds of characters and it just makes the game that bit special compared to others which tbh are pretty vanilla.

Third - The actual in game depthness. You suck as a manager? You can sell clothes. Wanna be active every day? You can run a Fight Org. There is so much you can do in this game that you rarely find yourself bored within the first while of playing. Shit, I'm here 3 years later still running the same org I did when I came back to the game. There is something for everyone and that ties in with my previous statement on the community where everyone fulfills a role within the game.

Fourth - My respect for Mike. As much as I might wanna quit the game at times, Mike does a fantastic job in the game with the recent bullshit a testament to that. Sure you can sometimes say he tries to please everyone too much, but this is his business and he is going to go with the popular thought on some decisions. Even throughout his real life stuff, he kept the game up to date on any happenings which is more than I can say for some of the other game owners I have seen.

And lastly - Because it is 7 fucking years later and I still have a shit tonne of things left to achieve in the game so I ain't going anywhere until then.

Now I got that out of the way, cheers Penn for making a thread which actually has some people saying positive things about the game. It's something that is quite needed after the recent shitstorm and gives Mike a place to read all the positive thoughts on the game.

You said everything I wanted to say in my post, but in a more eloquent way mate. By the way, you were one of the ones I referred to when I spoke of contributions to the game.

• Upvote 4

The game caters for managers on all levels. Not everyone (like myself), will, or takes the game so serious that they want to be No1, and understand every aspect of the game. Not knocking the ones that do....at all. Without them, we wouldnt have the great orgs, and fighters we have in the game.

The game gives back what you put into it. If you want to put in the time and effort, you will eventually end up in the higher echelons I would imagine. Myself, Im not savvy enough to totally understand the fight engine, sliders etc, but this doesnt mean my level of enjoyment in the game will be any less than those that do. I can, and prefer to fight in the 260k+ orgs, and my level of understanding of the game allows this.

Players totally new to the game can still have a lot of fun, and success (relative), fighting in the newer orgs, 300k/290k and I think this sets the game apart from a lot of other similar games. You dont have to be a master, or play the game forever to get to a level where the game becomes interesting or enjoyable.

Although there is a lot of mudslinging in the forums, a lot of the mud being slung is by a lot of the more experienced managers who have been around the game for a while. People can have their own opinions/judgements of them, but most of them contribute something to the game to make it better for everyone playing, particularly the noobs.I suppose what im saying is that is has a good community of players

Someone obviously negged my comment above. Dunno why cos I only say good things about the game and it's community. TBH, I'm not arsed about winning this one, thus gives me the chance to let others know my true opinion of the game and the people that play it. The game, its owner, and the community are awesome. If any noobs are reading this thread, you should find reason enough to want to play and stick around.

• Upvote 5

Someone obviously negged my comment above. Dunno why cos I only say good things about the game and it's community. TBH, I'm not arsed about winning this one, thus gives me the chance to let others know my true opinion of the game and the people that play it. The game, its owner, and the community are awesome. If any noobs are reading this thread, you should find reason enough to want to play and stick around.

Yeah this thread is basically some people negging comments purely to either troll or because they wanna win. The 3 months VIP prize isn't something I care too much about if I win or lose, I just reupped my VIP last week for another year so not like I am in desperate need. Your comment was valid in it's points and shows you actually care so I just threw you another upvote on it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

GBK wins.

Could not of put this better my self. I think the community and mike are the such appealing things about the game. It get updated and its active.

I thought recent events would of just bin to much for might to just say I cant be bothered with the stress.

The people I have met on this game although only over the internet I feel like I'm closer to them than some of my RL friends haha and would count some of them RL friends with out event met up with them.

Well done steel penn for the thread as reading some of these has refreshed the reasons why I love the game.

• Upvote 1