Who is the best tycoon? State your case.

SteelPenn

From the first day I started playing this game I have been addicted to it. Since then I have done a few things that I feel makes me a top tycoon regardless of the broken fighter management game ranking we are actually playing.

If we take fighter rankings combined to create manager ranking how does this make you a tycoon?

Fighter creation, training and sliders create top fighter managers in this game but not Tycoons.

Here is my idea of the game’s ideal Tycoon.

I created the game’s first worldwide united chain of Clothing shops with one open in every city at the same time called Steel Penn’s Skin shops where we sold premade skins. I held the title of #1 Clothing store game wide several times.

I created the game’s first worldwide united chain of Nutritional shops with one open in every city at the same time called Steel Penn Nutrition or Steel Terror. I held the title of games best nutritional company a few times.

First member to have united gyms in each city all at one time working together under our orgs.

2 Times I have created a worldwide chain of orgs with an org in every city operating at one time. Yes we could not keep them operating for long each time but I did it.

I have owned 3 separate orgs that have all reached #1 worldwide.

I have been partnered with the games oldest org since I merged Kings or Rio into Ultimate Vale Tudo

http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=133

I ran the first organisation; Steel Penn ICON, to give away free VIP to reward repeat champions.

First Tycooner to ever win the Tycoon lottery - 10 million

I have created 3 successful alliances, The Steel Penn Alliance one of the game oldest running. The Evil Empire and ICON all 3 are still currently running.

I have donated more to the game and bought more members FREE VIPs than anyone else.

I created the game’s first audio commentary for post-fight with The Evil Empire and now thanks to Chael Mir we have the game’s first Audio Interviews for Steel Penn ICON and the ICON Alliance http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53774&hl= Great stuff

I have never had a fighter in the top 100 and as a manger never been ranked in the top 100, 106 being my best.

But I still feel like a top tycoon and would like to hear who you feel has done more as a actual game Tycoon?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

Avon will always be the GOAT tycooner as an old school player.. To me, no one ever matched Avon's people skills, org running ability and he had all the top P4P fighters in his roster..I know that's not all companies and such I kinda read the thread title wrong..

SteelPenn, you are indeed awesome but I'm an Avon Barksdale nuthugger and proud to be..

• Upvote 3

Chris Karter Tycoon
Created 1 alliance - Convicted - greatest alliance of all time

Created 1 org - broke fight event record for 1st event

Helped Syn reach #1 worldwide with Avon

helped Convicted clothing reached #1 clothing store many times

helped Convicted Trap House reached #1 nutrition store many times

ran some tournaments, including Convicted fighter show and 64 fighter KT tourney

bunch of fighter records

bunch of excellence pissed

bunch of dominating moments

king of smacktalk

king of KO's

king of Steel Penn

dobetter.gif

• Upvote 5

I see some names and some opinions but no is showing any proof of being a better tycoon.

Remember the definition of a tycoon is - "A wealthy, powerful person in business or industry"

We are not talking about a great org owner or a great fighter manager. We are talking about who is the top tycoons in this game.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

I see some names and some opinions but no is showing any proof of being a better tycoon.

Remember the definition of a tycoon is - "A wealthy, powerful person in business or industry"

We are not talking about a great org owner or a great fighter manager. We are talking about who is the top tycoons in this game.

Yeah but has it not been admitted in the past that your orgs have always been funded out of your own personal cash?

• Upvote 2

1 http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/1345513708manager_avatar2.jpgWilson Thieatcres http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/flags_small/Western_Sahara.png

$36,986,557.37

429-351-7 (1 NCs) 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/1451317261Chaos_Ridden_Years_CD.jpgMarky Mark http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/flags_small/Finland.png

$33,171,016.16

813-515-24 (6 NCs) 3

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/backbear.gifLance Templeton http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/flags_small/United_States_of_America.png

$19,467,423.40

706-246-11 (4 NCs)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Wilson - Most wealthy man in Tycoon, made a killer deal when he bought out Steel Penn for 12million when it had 25mil in arenas booked. A very savvy businessman it must be said.

Skinny Vince - Owned Ascension, co-created the new Blitz with Gable which dominated the top orgs for two years. Cracked the 3 hour PPV code with the biggest gamble any org owner has ever done by being the first to run back to back arenas.

Gable - Owned Blitz Rio and then Blitz NY, same as above.

I'd also like to add that the new Blitz had 5 out of the top 6 orgs at one point. Ascension, Blitz NY, Blitz Reach, BDU and Blitz: St Petes, a feat that no other groups of orgs have ever accomplished. They also gained over 1/2mil per event, making them money printers. Every top org now a days runs the same numbers that Blitz established. While it wasn't just one individual but rather a co-op between org owners, the fact that Blitz's numbers and business model is still replicated in tycoon, makes the people that were in Blitz the greatest tycoons in the game. The guys that made up the group of new Blitz were Gable, Skinny Vince, Crisse, Chuck Grace, Louie, Myself and James.

As far as clothing companies etc go, you sponsor someone enough money and sell out your clothing/nutrition and you end up as #1, it really isn't difficult. The main aspect of the tycoon part of this game is running an org.

No disrespect to Steel Penn, but a vast majority of your successes in this game come from you spending your own real life cash in order to become successful. That doesn't make you a successful tycoon, it doesn't even make you successful at the game. A lot of people have accomplished more in different orgs or other aspects of the game through hard work and perseverance, than you have with your real life cash. I also think that philanthropy is something that makes someone a great tycoon, nor does it need to be brought up when discussing the best tycoon since it is fairly easy to give money away.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

@ markyosullivan No. I have only fund my orgs and companies over he past two years. Before then I was broke and could not afford to use real cash.

@ Rambo so your example is they currently have more game cash then anyone? I have owned that record more time then anyone out there.

@ dinooo - Wrong sir its my ability to get member to work together you are over looking. If you combine all that you gave as an example they do not ad up to the level of participation that was needed to do what I have done with many many members.

My own money or not many other where involved so money did not bring these accomplishments to us we used team work and communication.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Wilson - Most wealthy man in Tycoon, made a killer deal when he bought out Steel Penn for 12million when it had 25mil in arenas booked. A very savvy businessman it must be said.

Skinny Vince - Owned Ascension, co-created the new Blitz with Gable which dominated the top orgs for two years. Cracked the 3 hour PPV code with the biggest gamble any org owner has ever done by being the first to run back to back arenas.

Gable - Owned Blitz Rio and then Blitz NY, same as above.

1. I was Wilson's financial adviser for that deal.
  2. I sold that code to Vince.
  3. Moses Diggs, my fighter, ran Blitz Rio / NY
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Wealth - Probably the richest member in the game today, i have almost as much cash as Wilson has in just arena fees invested, if you add the money i have in the accounts, planes + the value of the gyms, orgs i own. It is up to around 65 million. Possibly more, but i am not going to sit and count the change.

Personal note: Funny thing is that i am up there after paying off the biggest fine in Tycoon history, losing all my org hype and half my roster. If not all that i would probably be sitting around 90 million now.

Org - Longest running org owner in history, 3rd in total events held, most articles posted all time and currently with the largest roster of top 1000 p4p ranked fighters. I think there are only 2 actual active orgs which are older (Syn and Vale Tudo in Rio). I would also like to point out that GAMMA went from 0 to 92 top 1000 p4p fighters, then back to 45 and now over 80. So it is like we reset.

Comparison: Depth wise I personally consider Syn and Evolution as the deeper orgs at the top end, Ascension had very good depth for very long and CEC has good depth since the Ascension merger as well, however if we are talking about the "better run" org, with the most activity and interaction, i think GAMMA is up there for sure. Winning the CEO of the year in 2015 kind of point this out.

Org Union - Founder of Global Elite Group (GEG) which at its time had 32% of the top level talent signed up. We did that without actually signing up any of the top 5 orgs of the time.

Comparison: The only union which comes close is Blitz, but in my opinion that was just the top org owners branding under one banner. We mostly did it with regional orgs and grew from around 10% of the talent to almost 1/3 within a year. Steel Penn had a strong Union, but they had in reality just one flagship product (Steel Penn Hilo).

Alliance: Founder of the largest alliance in history. Some people say we lack talent on our roster. At our peak last month we had 15 top 100 p4p managers.

Comparison: I guess Convicted has more recognition in terms of history, but lets not forget this alliance is 2 1/2 years old. Steel Penn did mention his alliances, if you pool them all together, you will still have a smaller alliance than LOD at the moment.

Founder of the Olympics - I guess you could say Mega founded it, but nobody cared about those ones, there were just 2 participants then.

Most Super fights arranged - Now mostly in exile, but i am proud to say that i have arranged more super fights probably in this games history. Close to 200 between my org and others. Many people say i am hard to negotiate/work with, but 200 successful negotiations must be worth something. Some of those super fights are listed as some of the most memorable in this game's history.

Created and mostly funded the biggest gym network in history: Currently i think we have 12-13 gyms, i am losing count though.

Took a nutrition company to #1 - I ran GREEN!160, technically i was not the owner, but the owner was largely inactive, so i was doing all the manual work. That company was voted as the Nutrition company of the year in 2014.

Other little things: I got a bunch of Tycoon awards such as Mentor of the year, CEO of the year, quite a few top 3 awards as well.

Personal Note: It is hard to really consider a guy most hated by the general community (based on negs i think i am 3rd) the best Tycooner. I mean, it is almost like i own another "island" version of the game where 80% of the community at large are avoiding. Lets just say, I have a lot of very good buddies in this game, enough to stack up those numbers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My top 5 (me being the 5th)

-Dinoo has to be there. Probably one of, if not the most influential player in the game. Ran some of the top orgs, was part of Blitz, a key member of probably the best alliance. I have to give him some credit that he gave me some good advice in the day.

-Steel Penn, i consider this guy somewhat similar to myself in some respects. Also hated for similar reasons (just hated less these days :thumbup: ). We took similar paths in alliances, org development etc, just SP seems to get bored faster and drops one project and starts another one.

-Mega: He took his IMMA org, merged NFC, merged EMP to create arguably the best org in depth ever. He also kind of did this without people particularly liking him (at the time at least).

There are a few guys which i would mention:

Avon - probably ran the best overall project (Syn). For a good 2 years that org had basically everything and i do not mean just roster depth. Articles, posters, activity. I would blame the lack of that on the top end orgs is what is killing the game at a whole. He was also a good guy to worth with, which is why we had a lot of interesting matchups and tourneys. In my opinion that org was easily the best this game has seen. People actually respected Syn as being the leader. Avon was also a top level manager as well, some people consider him the best.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 11

Personal Note: It is hard to really consider a guy most hated by the general community (based on negs i think i am 3rd) the best Tycooner. I mean, it is almost like i own another "island" version of the game where 80% of the community at large are avoiding. Lets just say, I have a lot of very good buddies in this game, enough to stack up those numbers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With all the spin in that long ass post, I feel like I have a case of vertigo. :P

Most hated? Most of those negs came from when you were busted for multis and dirt peddling dick cream. But you keep playing like you were nailed to a cross for all of our Tycoon sins.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1