DeadlyDirk

Who Win's?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who win's the fight?

• Rollen keeps on rollin...
    • Miguel with a little help from Seagal

A little over five and a half years ago, back in June 2009, a certain Jason "JBOMB" Smith set upon his path into the MMATycoon world, going on to compete in over 750 fights and pulling off over 500 victories.

Around a year later in July 2010, I myself, Dirk Copeland would also enter into my Tycoon career, taking part in well over 800 fights and also notching up the 500 victory milestone.

However, despite a record spanning a combined 10 years and over 1600 fights, these two men have never faced each other......... until now!

On 8th February 2015, Ascension's latest event will see two men collide, finally pitting the Copeland camp and JBOMB's misfits against one another as Miguel Fernandez, a brutal knockout artist with the chin of a porcelain tea cup, goes one on one with the legendary icon Rolen Spliffs, a true first in MMA history.

A press conference was held earlier today by Dirk Copeland, Miguel Fernandez and Mitch McDonald who gave their views on the recent announcement.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/1388891703tomselleck.jpg vs http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/1419101509MMATProfile.png

Dirk Copeland / Jason JBOMB Smith

Fights: 827/778

Wins: 534/508

Losses: 277/259

Draws: 16/11

Best Rank: 3/3

Current Rank: 227/371

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/13/13b10.jpg vs http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13798210637123.jpg

Miguel Fernandez / Rollen Spliffs

Fights: 40/84

Wins: 26/59

Losses: 14/23

Draws: 0/2

Knockouts: 23/48

Best Rank: 58/18

Current Rank: 973/928

Reporter 1: Hi guys, I've got a question for Dirk Copeland. Dirk, how does it feel to finally square off against JBOMB for the first time after such a long time in the game?

DC: It's fun, it's exciting. I've seen and done a lot in the Tycoon World and some days it can almost become a little repetitive. It's nice to have something new like this which can still make you excited. I honestly smiled when I checked my inbox and got news of the fight.

Reporter 1: So what's your views on JBOMB?

DC: I really respect him as an opponent which is why I'm looking forward to finally facing off against him. He's very much a no nonsense manager, he'll fight anyone any time, is a lot better than he'll have you'll believe and although he puts out the notion he doesn't care whether he win's or loses, deep down you know he does.

Reporter 1: Do you think there's any particular reason why it's taken so long for you guys to square off?

Mitch McDonald: JBOMB's ducking us, he aint shit!

Reporter 1: Umm interesting Mitch but I'd like to hear Dirk's views on the matter. Also Dirk, why is Mitch joining us today?7

DC: Sorry about that, Mitch just loves a bloody good press conference and he doesn't have a lot else to do these days, just humour him. As for the first question I think it's just down to circumstances, JBOMB was a year ahead of me and was in the mix with a lot of the top guys in top orgs, it took me a while to get on his level. After that we were often in different orgs and different weight classes etc, combined with both of us taking time out of the game, we just never crossed paths

Reporter 2: So let's move on to the fight, Dirk what's your views on JBOMB's representative in the bout, Rolen Spliffs?

DC: Well much like his manager it's great to be taking on one of the legend's in the game. He's 43 years old and been there and done it all. He's competed in some of the biggest orgs in the history of the sport all over the world, knocking out foe after foe, capping it all off with his first major title last year.

Reporter 2: Those are some kind words, moving on to your guy Dirk, how do you feel about Miguel Fernandez's chances in the upcoming fight?

MM: He's a bloody chinless has been/never was, you should bloody let me come out of retirement and take a swing at old Spliffy.

DC: Calm down Mitch, why don't you go checkout the free bar we put on out back, they've got some Guinness I hear.

*Mitch MCDonald exits the stage.*

DC: So anyway, let's talk about Miguel. It's no secret about his weakness, he can't take a shot there's no denying that, he's in for the biggest fight of his life when he takes on Rolen. Make one thing for sure though, as long as Miguel's standing he's always in with a chance and he can knock any man out, he'll be coming in guns blazing,

Reporter 3: Hi Miguel, I'd like to hear about your view on the fight and also how you feel about your manager speaking so openly about your chin troubles?

Miguel Fernandez: Hell there's no point getting pissed off about it all, everybody knows I have no chin, hell I got knocked out twice this morning before breakfast, those stairs can be tricky! I know I'm stepping into the cage with one of the biggest power punchers in the history of the sport and I might never make it out alive but you can be safe in the knowledge that I'll be trying to take his head off for as long as it lasts.

• Upvote 9

*Following the press conference held by Dirk Copeland, I made a B-Line for JBomb's pad to go get the scoop. To my knowledge, J has not spoken to the media in quite some time and after looking at Twitter, Facebook and several MMA news sites, it was clear he had not yet responded to the press conference.

when I arrived at his house out in Henderson, NV...I was very surprised to see a moving van and all but may be 4 or 5 of his fighters and coaches moving boxes. I pulled to the side of the road, to stay out of their way, pulled out my cell phone recorder, took a swig of my Starbucks and made my way over to the crew. Shane Ripgut set down a box in the van and looked over at me...*

Ripgut: "Sup bruh, you here to help?"...*laughs*...

Reporter: "Perhaps...haha! Ay man, where's J at?"

Ripgut:...*picks up another box*..."He in the house, dude. Just go in...door's open."

*I passed several of the fighters, saying hello as I made my way inside the house. Nick Barkley told me how to get downstairs as he walked by with a huge wall painting. Apparently, JBomb and Rolen were digging through Rolen's Green Meditation room. I walked in and Rolen was doing what Rolen does best...spliff in hand and talking up a storm. JBomb was flanked by Christian Slaughter and Alonzo Diggs...the music was loud!*

http://youtu.be/tQh7OjYIGWA

JBomb: "Duuuuude! Have a seat, man, wassup!?"...*motions to one of the couches*...

*I shook hands with everyone and had a seat. Christian brought me a Jack n' Coke from the bar and set it on the end table in front of me. I explained why I was there and asked JBomb if he would give me the exclusive...he agreed.*

JBomb: "Okay, dude...so WHO had the press conference?"

Reporter: "Dirk Copeland."

JBomb: "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO HAD THE PRESS CONFERENCE! HAHAHA!"

*Everyone busted up laughing as it was clear...they were all fans of The Rock*

JBomb: "Naw seriously, dude. I love Dirk, man...we go way back. I just been watchin' a ton of old WWF shits lately. Sooooo, I suppose you here for some official shit then?"

Reporter: "Well yeah...if you don't mind. I know you've been very quiet lately...again. Judging by the moving van...and said silence..."...*hesitates with a big deep breath*..."a woman...right?"

JBomb:...*sits down*..."Yeah, dude...again. So I'm finally moving out to San Diego. It's 3 years in the making and it's finally time."

Reporter: "That sucks, dude. So what about the gym?"

JBomb: "Oh the gym will be fine. I got Khalipa and Slaughter running it on the day-to-day and I'll make my way out here frequently. I just gotta have that ocean, dude. It calms me like no other."

Reporter: "What about Conquer Clothing?"

JBomb: "Bah! That's kind of a bitch. I got Lorenzo Ortiz running it now but he isn't around...like ever. He hasn't even gotten the new sign hung yet. That's whatever though...I'm still designing, sponsoring, ordering and all that shit...I can do that from my laptop so...not a big deal. Conquer Clothing is fine."

*We chatted a bit more and then I had him stream in the press conference. We finished it up and Slaughter and Diggs left the room*

JBomb: "Wow...that's interesting, dude. I never realized that we hadn't fought yet!"...*laughs*..."I mean, no slight to Dirk or his camp. He's a great manager, no doubt. It's just that there's so many managers and fighters in this gig, it's hard to keep track. Couple that with my absences, and his, and...well, I just never knew. I'm glad he brought it up."

Reporter: "So do you have anything to add, as far as why you two have never locked up?"

JBomb: "Well, I think he made some excellent points. When you have one guy who's fighters are fighting at a certain level, and the other isn't at that level...or when you have one guy that predominantly fights in these organizations and the other guy isn't...I mean, everyone knows that there are way too many places to fight worldwide, so it makes it hard to meet up at times. I had made my way to the top while he was still comin' up. Then, by the time he got to the top, I had lost interest and disappeared, goin' through all that divorce bullshit. Then I came back and he took a hiatus...it's like a leap frog deal but even if we had both stayed the course...I feel there's a strong possibility that neither of us would've crossed paths."

Reporter: "So you feel there's too many organizations?"

JBomb: "I've felt that way for a long time. It dilutes the talent and makes it harder to get those really amazing matchups."

Reporter: "So how do you feel about matching up against him for the first time?"

JBomb: "Honestly, since he made it known, I think it's awesome! Had he not made it known, it never would've crossed my mind. Like he said, I really don't give a fuck who it is. Look, I watch Game of Thrones..."

Spliffs: "Love dat shit, dawg..."

Reporter: "I love it, too...go on..."

JBomb: "Well, one of my favorite scenes was from Season 4. It's a scene where The blonde Lannister bitch approaches The Mountain while he's preparing to fight for her in court. He looks at her and asks her who he is fighting and she says back to him..."

Spliffs: "Does it matter?"

JBomb: "Exactly! That's it right there! He looks back at her and simply responds, with no hesitation...'no'...fuckin' glorious! All balls right there!...and that's how I am. My guys are here to fight, doesn't matter who it is or what the fuck they've done previously. I mean, the fuck I'm gonna do by knowin' who it is? Not accept it? HAHAHA! Why be in the fight bizz if you ain't tryin' to fight!?"

Reporter: "Excellent point. So how do you feel about Dirk?"

JBomb:...*takes a drink of water*..."All respect, dude! He's an awesome guy, real stand up dude. Always has good shit to say and never rubs anyone the wrong way..."

Spliffs:...*takes a hit*..."All day? Want some hay? I just may?"...*exhales while laughing*...

JBomb:...*laughs*..."Fuck you, Mr. fuckin' 'I. M. Clever'...you know what I'm tryin' to say."

Reporter: ...*laughing*..."So what do you think about his fighter?"

Spliffs:...*takes another hit and exhales*..."You mean, Miguel Fernandez Hernandez Santiago Dominguez Del Rio?"

*massive laughter*

JBomb: "In all seriousness...the dude's talented as fuck. Elite level strking and wrestling, very underrated ground skills...even at 35, he's very dangerous."

Reporter: "He does have a seriously amount of KO losses..."

Spliffs: "Sheeeiiiiiiit...dat shit can happen to anybody 'doe. 'Specially if dey in da game foe a bit."

Reporter: "Well, not everybody but yeah, it does happen. That's one of the risks."

Spliffs:...*takes a hit*..."Look, dawg...you do dis long enough, n' you gonna take yo lumps. I mean, could be bad matchups, fightin' to soon after a concussion, shitty docs, unsafe trainin', lack of trainin', too much trainin', fuckin' genetics n' shit, bad luck...too many shits factor in. Just 'cuz he get knocked da fuck out a lot, don't mean he can't knock me the fuck out at any time."...*exhales*...

Reporter: "So Rolen, how do you feel about this fight? How do you see it unfolding?"

Spliffs:...*takes a slow hit and exhales a huge plume of smoke*..."I'ma knock his fuckin' ass out befoe he knock my fuckin' ass out."

Reporter: "Just that simple?"

Spliffs: "Dat's how I roll deez days, dawg...realllll simple."

Reporter: "At 43 years old, did you ever think you would still be fighting at this age when you were younger?"

Spliffs: "Maaaaan...how da fuck I'm 'posed to know some shit like dat? Foe real? Ain't nobody know what da fuck shit gon' be like when dey older, dawg."

Reporter: "Fair enough...one last question...how much do you got left in the tank?"

Spliffs:...*stands up and takes another hit*..."Like Biggie Smalls...bitch, I got enough to feed the needy."...*exhales while laughing and heads for the door*..."Ay, you tell Dirk n' da latino Billy Ocean mu'fucka...dey can dance all dey want, I'll be ready to fight...n' if you gon' lace up dancin' shoes when y'all should be lacin' up some fightin' shoes, y'all gon' get fucked up...n' dat's wassup."...*walks out of the room*...

Reporter: "Is it me or did that just go from super light hearted to super intense in about 15 seconds? Was that a shoot or was that a work?"

JBomb: "Dude, that's a straihgt up shoot...Spliffs don't fuck around, man."

Reporter: "Guess not. Thanks for the words, I appreciate it. Good luck with the move and San Diego. I hope shit starts going better for ya."

JBomb: "Thanks, dude...you and me both! HAHAHA! Now come help load up some shit in this van!"

• Upvote 5

We caught up with Miguel Fernandez shortly after the response from JBOMB's camp who gave the following rebuttal:

Reporter: So Miguel, JBOMB, Rollen and his camp had some kind words to say about your team, but things did get a little heated towards the end, how did you feel about those comments?

Miguel: That dude stepped over the line and he's taken it too far. I mean seriously, how can you even mention Game of Thrones with out bringing up Khaleesi, you know the fit dragon lady, that shit is disrespectful man. She deserves to be the center of attention and should be referenced in any conversation relating to Game of Thrones. That's just how I feel man.

Reporter: How about your views on the bout? Rollen seems to think you'll be getting ready for a dancing contest while he's just coming in their to fight.

Miguel: That pot toking old man needs to worry about his own game and forget about what I'm coming to do. I'll dance around his should be retired ass for as long as I like before I choose to end his night. I owe that son of a bitch a brutal knockout and just like a Lannister I always pay my debts!

Dirk Copeland walks into the room.

Reporter: Nice of you to join us Dirk, I understand you heard JBOMB's comments earlier and were also listening in on Miguel's interview out back.

DC: That's right Clive I've been listening in and I can only echo Miguel's comments. We all dig Khaleesi at the Copeand camp and now this thing's got personal. She is the mother of dragons and we're ready to give out a mother fucking ass whooping to that old bag of shit Rolen Spliffs.

Reporter: I can't help but notice you and Miguel keep referring to the age of Rolen Spliff lately, before you seemed to be towing the line of respect, experience, icon etc. Are your true feelings becoming to shine through?

DC: Hell I still got respect for that oxygen thief, he's done a lot in the game. It's just his time is up and it's about time he was told. Hell the guy could have been Ric Flair's dad. WOOOOOOOOOOOO! It was his decision to make things personal and come February 8th me and Miguel are going to make sure he regrets it.

Reporter: Well things are certainly beginning to heat up between these two camps, it'll be interesting to see whether we get another response out of JBOMB's camp who appears to have been coaxed out of the media closet by Mr Copeland after a lengthy abscense.

• Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...