NY Fight Nights Big Apple Brawls tournament

bjornmma1

I have a suggestion for the tournament rules:

These days it seems like all creation tournaments - especially striking tournaments like this - turn in to a clinch-rape-fests. A good example of this is a boxing tournament I recently took part in where certain someone brought in a wrestler (to a boxing tournament!!) and clinch-fucked everyone in the ass.

To make this slightly less of a factor we could ban the usage of the clinch dominant wrestling primary from the tournament. Put the points only to boxing and muay thai to focus on the striking aspects of the game. Ofcourse there still would be clinching and that is all good. I just would love to see something else happen than an all out hugging contests this time around.

What do you think guys?

• Downvote 1

And so Dee begins his bitching... Brace yourselves folks...

I still have your lovely avatar plastered on my guestbook from that tournament you speak of...

Easy there boxing champ. Obviously Im not bitching but just throwing in an idea to make the tournament more interesting IMO. What happened back then is what happened back then and Im just using it as an example here. If you can find the point in my post Im pretty sure even you would agree with it, right?

Soooooo anyway I think I had a legit question there and I'd like to hear an answer to that from all you guys. Im sure someone else prefers striking mixed up with clinch techniques than just clinch smothering? :D If you think my point is invalid then Im totally ok with that.

I am pretty sure everyone will test their guys.This a a exclusive KO tourney.Without any decent hidden you ain't winning shit no matter what slider magic one possess.

My guy will be vegas based so there he will be competing in QFC.

I am pretty sure everyone will test their guys.This a a exclusive KO tourney.Without any decent hidden you ain't winning shit no matter what slider magic one possess.

My guy will be vegas based so there he will be competing in QFC.

Mmm yeah I guess you're right. Im a bit torn about this becouse even if you land with a good heavy handed fighter you most likely lose a lot of important training time. In the worst case scenario you get a insta loss and not any solid info about your fighter plus again you lose the training time. Even when you then create the new one he can also be a dud soooo I dunno.

He posted in the intro to the tournament that the format would be 2x10 rounds. Since that is a) different, and B) written in the intro, I doubt he will change it.

Changing this doesnt really sound very big of a deal to me. If majority of us think that for example JLP's idea is better than draw prone two round system you dont think we could change it?

Yes, while we are looking for KOs the draws are not as big of a deal I realize this but if you can avoid those who wouldnt want to avoid a draw? :P

I think JLP's idea still valid. Just seems like most of the entrants are M.I.A atm.

As far as i see it, clinching is allowed and it will be 2*10min . But if you guys (who are way more experienced managers) can explain why more short rounds would be better in the search for KO's.

Isn't it harder to KO someone from the clinch by the way , or do i see this wrong?

It doesn't have anything to do with KOs, Dee just wants to make limit clinching.

It doesn't have anything to do with KOs, Dee just wants to make limit clinching.

As far as i see it, clinching is allowed and it will be 2*10min . But if you guys (who are way more experienced managers) can explain why more short rounds would be better in the search for KO's.

Isn't it harder to KO someone from the clinch by the way , or do i see this wrong?

Yeah I definately didn't mean to ban clinching lol. There is two reasons I threw that idea of limiting clinch in the air:

1. So many creation tournaments these days are dominated by clinch fighters and since we are doing something different here I wanted to boost the chance of striking from the distance which I personally enjoy the most.

2. I think that KOs in clinch happen less than from distance when both fighters are good at clinchwork and striking-d (which hopefully these fighters are). Crea tournaments are full of clinch KOs but usualy its a clinch fighter rag dolling some poor BJJ pony or other fighter without clinching skills.

ps. Bjorn, when (a short) round stops one has to let go of the clinch. :)

Yeah I definately didn't mean to ban clinching lol. There is two reasons I threw that idea of limiting clinch in the air:

1. So many creation tournaments these days are dominated by clinch fighters and since we are doing something different here I wanted to boost the chance of striking from the distance which I personally enjoy the most.

2. I think that KOs in clinch happen less than from distance when both fighters are good at clinchwork and striking-d (which hopefully these fighters are). Crea tournaments are full of clinch KOs but usualy its a clinch fighter rag dolling some poor BJJ pony or other fighter without clinching skills.

ps. Bjorn, when (a short) round stops one has to let go of the clinch. :)

i know that when a short round stops, the clinch is over, but in my experience, if he can clinch the whole first round, he is gonna be able to clinch the next rounds also, no matter how long they are. isn't that right?

i know that when a short round stops, the clinch is over, but in my experience, if he can clinch the whole first round, he is gonna be able to clinch the next rounds also, no matter how long they are. isn't that right?

Right and wrong. Most likely he is able to establish the clinch again but it wont be instant but he has to work for it (the opponent most likely has high clinchwork too). If the clinch isnt instant well then they have to slug it out from the distance.