GAMMA opens in Las Vegas

Mentor

Charles Carlson Interview

Question #1: You spent most of your career fighting in the UK, how does it feel to be in LV?

It feels good!, las vegas is where I can be fully tested with great fights and competition, London got a little stale and I knew it was time in my career to either step up or step off so I went to the mecha of mma.

Question #2: What helped you make the decision to compete in GAMMA?

I’ve been a fighter for a long time now and throughout my career GAMMA has always been well known and respected as a top org and the place to be if you want to fight the elite in the sport especially for the heavyweight division, so here I am ready to be tested and proud to be on the top tier.

Question #3: You went on a great 4 fight winning streak beating top competition until you finally won the title, did you expect your career in GAMMA to take off so fast?

To be honest it was a surprise to me to, in my career I’ve always struggled to maintain a running record of wins once I reach the top of divisions, but it seems now that I’ve matured and seasoned as a fighter everything is clicking into place and I have the confidence to push forward and commit myself and believe in my own abilities.

Question #4: Your first title defense will be against Yuudai Ryuu, he is also relatively new to GAMMA, currently on a 4 fight win streak, what do you think your chances are?

Wow this guy is a very well trained fighter! There’s not a area in his game that is not at its peak it will be a very tough challenge indeed, but he also shows very similar skills to my previous opponent, I feel confident that if I can neutralize the early onslaught I can inflict some damage, I expect this fight to be my biggest test yet but I have a few tricks up my sleeve I’ve yet to show in Gamma. Now I’ve got this belt I’m not going to let it be taken by anyone unless I’m out cold on the mat.

Alan Bundy became the 11th all time fighter in GAMMA history to break the top 100 p4p listings, here is the full list:

Jeremy Tonal #3

Raz Matazz #18

Mikhail Yudovich #22

Alexander Khalifman #31

Chris Webster #56

Sammy Stone #66

Hendo Han #68

Marius Metropolis #79

Bubba Clem #97

Keith Jones #99

Alan Bundy #99

Note: Listed above is their highest ever rating while in GAMMA.

Memphis Klaspinowski Interview

Question #1: Welcome to GAMMA! How does it feel to be joining the main roster after spending 14 fights at GAMMA: Contenders?

Answer: All I gotta say, is its about damn time. Nah haha. It feels great to move up. Already eyeing that Championship Belt at 265.

Question #2: You had a taste of the GAMMA competition when facing ex-GAMMA fighters such as Bubba Joe, Donnie Darko and Borje Cuba, which you had a 2-1 record against, how do you think you will do against the competition?

Answer: Well, there are definitely some good fighters out there but I worry about myself and my gameplan. I feel I can adjust well enough that there wont be very much of a learning curve at this level. I am definitely ready to be here... Obviously.

Question #3: You will likely be facing Pongor Szinko in your first fight, what do you think your chances are against this veteran?

Answer: I like my chances a lot. As I said before, I stick to what I do best and go from there. If I want to be the champion, I gotta dominate. Period.

Question #4: The 265lbs division is easily the most unpredictable, who do you see as the long term future of the 265lbs division?

Answer: I'm not sure. I just handle my business. But just a warning to Yuudai Ryuu, you have MY belt!

Jack Burton recently broke the all time GAMMA record for total fights inside the GAMMA cage with a total of 23 fights!

Next come:

Cam Stroud (22) (Could be retiring soon, left in April)

Mikhail Yudovich (22) (Left in March, likely to join Blitz)

Rick Stanley (21) (Currently in contenders)

The highest ranking currently "active" GAMMA fighters are:

Cheez Itz (20) (Fighting for the 265lbs title in May)

Raz Matazz (20) (Expected to fight for the 205 title in June)

Jack Burton is probably not the most spectacular fighter to participate at 170lbs, he is always there in the top 10 fighters for the division and even had a shot at the title recently. He is often criticised for being "undersized", but that never put him off for being a top level fighter for almost 2 years now.

• 2 weeks later...

GAMMA is quickly approaching its 2 year birthday!

With over 1800 fights simulated, over 180 events GAMMA has a very impressive history to boast about. Over this period of time we have seen how some stars have risen, fallen and eventually retired.

1 Year ago we started a weekly program where we would post one interview, this year we will be mixing it with occasional stories of past "iconic" fighters which are now retired, hopefully it will get people to know of past champions and add more meaning to their careers.

How we book events

Recently we had an influx of new fighters joining the roster.

Fighters which have been with us for some time know how we run by now however i would like to inform our newer fighters also.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMMA has been around for 2 years and we pride ourself of being unaffiliated to any alliance and we have no preference towards any fighters or managers.

All booking is based upon hype and popularity ratings of your fighter.

This means that you will under 95% of the cases fight someone up or down 5 places from your own fighters hype\popularity ratings in the GAMMA division rankings.

The 5% it does not happen is usually in the case that there is nobody else available within your "range" or as a last minute replacement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never book fights based on your fighters skill level.

I never bother signing skilled "unpopular" fighters.

Such fighters need to start from the Contenders and worked themselves up.

It is much more likely i sign a "veteran", which possibly has lesser skills but has a "history" connected to his name.

Every fighter in GAMMA is a pro, most fighters have over 10 fights experience when i sign them, there are some exceptions to that rule, but not many.

Over 2/3 of the fighters are VIP.

You will never see "weak" fighters on our roster, i simply do not bother signing them.

So if you are here do not expect any "freebies" or easy fights.

If you are in GAMMA it means you are here because you want to fight the best fighters in Las Vegas and the world.

GAMMA runs its shows in a "Division" format.

Due to the sheer size of each division (we have 25+ fighters per division) you will rarely need to fight someone again.

We book a whole event for one division every month,

Sometimes we could give you a fight in 3 weeks, sometimes 5 weeks, but still the average (80% of the times) is once every 4 weeks.

Fighters which are injured are never booked for the date of the event (you could be booked injured, however on the date you will never be).

For there to be a rematch it either means:

- Your last fight was some time ago (5+ fights ago)

- The last fight was controversial (draw or majority win)

- Both fighters asked for a rematch

Title fights are almost always between the title holder and the most hyped\popular candidate, however there are exceptions such as:

- The next in line is inactive for 3+ days (i do not book such fighters at all)

- The next in line recently lost to the title holder

- The next in line has less than 3 fights on his contract and has not yet agreed a renewal

- They recently fought for the title

The title holder will always fight someone ranked top 5 (lowest was #4 so far)

If you have been with GAMMA for some time, you will get a certain "feel" that we have sometime like a ladder.

If you win a fight, you end up facing someone more hyped\popular, which 90% of the times is also a better fighter.

There are some exceptions, but in general hype\popularity is closely related in our organization.

In the case of new fighters, they could often join the organization "overhyped" after being in some lower end org which they dominated.

The problem is that such fighters lack the skills to match their hype and "could" end up fighting someone which seems a lot better on paper.

Firstly there is absolutely no reason to reject a fight.

The only "legitimate" excuse is you are away and in that case you should give me a 1 1/2+ month warning so that i can prepare beforehand and edit my database.

There is a chance you could be offered a fight against someone which "seems" a lot better, so lets look at this:

- This is not very likely going to happen as most fighters are balanced

- You never know the hidden or secondary skills, primary skills can be seriously misleading

- Strategy plays a huge role and usually the fighter you face has a weakness, exploit that and you can win (i have seen this dozens of times over the past 2 years)

The worse thing in the world is a fighter which rejects a fight offer, this causes a huge amount of issues such as:

- If you reject the fight, it means the "other guy" could end up not fighting for the next event, this means he could be out of fighting for up to 7-8 weeks!

The reason being that i base fights on hype and if you reject the fight, finding a replacement could be very difficult.

- This also means you could not fight anyone else to fight against, which means you will also likely be out for 7-8 weeks for the same reason.

- It makes booking vertually impossible, Almost always someone is better at something, usually it is 2 of the 4 primaries, imagine if everyone rejected a fight when one of the 2 fighters had 3-4 of the primaries being better?

- As a booker you have a certain "strategy" or plan, you draw out that plan based on the fighters you have (or expect to have) on the roster, when one of those fighters reject it means you need to redo the strategy for the whole roster.

Note: I have booked 2000 fights so far and as most big org owners will tell you, there is nothing worse than a fighter which rejects a fight offer (for whatever reason)

Lets assume the other guy is totally better than you at everything and he is a genetically improved version of King Kong and the referee is bribed and you will loose for sure.

Then you put on your angry face and get in the ring and put on a show!

The greatest fighters are those which were willing to fight anyone anywhere.

For example Randy Couture was not added to the UFC Hall of Fame due to his fight record or his great primaries (think about that)

If this was a game based on who has the best primaries, why bother even simulating the fights?

The positive is that if you loose to the genetically modified King Kong, the next guy will be more close to your level and if you win? Well then you will face Godzilla's cousin :)

Note: GAMMA has a Godzilla in every division, so if you keep winning you will end up facing him eventually.

Bottom line is to not chicken out and give it your best shot, you never know, even Godzilla can be fried ;)

Nikon "Holmenator" Holm

joined as a prospective rookie with 2 wins under his belt.

He went on an early 3 fight winning streak all of which ended within 2 rounds and all with submissions. At 5-0 he got a deserved shot at the first 265lbs title against Elan Tedroni. Predictably it once again ended in a submission.

For his first title defense he then faced the undersized Arne De Rick (which later moved down to 205), Nikon managed to take the fight down early and using his size ended the fight again in Submission!

This had taken him to 7 wins, all of which ended in a finish within 2 rounds 6 being submissions! He was at the time leading the worldwide category for submission wins.

His next fight was against Robin Convents. It was no surprise what Holm's gameplan would be, however Robin was on a 6 fight winning streak himself. Robin ended up finishing the fight in the first round by vicious strikes!

Nikon had just one last win over Bubba Joe (a fighter which went on to fight a total of 19 fights inside GAMMA) and from then on lost 6 fights in a row to eventually retire with a 8-7 record at the age 29.

Probably what ended his career was the general shift towards the standup game, Nikon kept being one dimensional, he did not bother even changing his clothes to keep moral up and was lacking proper private training.

Nevertheless, Nikon is probably known as possibly the first "drawing" fighter and was critical for keeping the organization alive and is still listed in the top 10 of the all time submission wins for GAMMA.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Note: This is part of the GAMMA "Where are they now" awareness program to help people find out about currently retired fighters which played an important role in GAMMA's past

I would like to personally congratulate 2 GAMMA managers Barnabas Sackett and Mickey McCreary for making it to the top 10 of the world rankings!

Not sure if this is the first time we have 2 of our managers in the top 10, most certainly it is the first time i remember, so keep it up guys!

Yuudai Ryuu Interview

#1 Congratulations with the title win Yuudai! Did you expect to win the title so easily?

Yuudai: When i signed with GAMMA i was sure i would be the champion, of course it's always special to have a dominant performance like that in a title fight. Carlson is a really tough guy and finishing him in the first round is a huge statement.

#2 You have a great 5 wins in GAMMA, 4 by KO\TKO, are you happy with your performance?

Yuudai: The only match that i'm not happy with is the Heracles fight, i lost a round and i didn't really perform like i should have...even if i won the fight without much trouble. But i'm really happy of what i did after that fight, 3 huge ko's in a row.

#3 Your first title defense is against Cheez Itz, a person you have already beaten, do you think Itz can beat you this time?

Yuudai: I'll do that in more impressive fashion. In the first match he scored a take-down into side control after 5 seconds, that was exactly what he want, that was the best thing that could happen to him in the fight, and i still knock him out....easily.

#4 The 265lbs title is the most unpredictable, do you think you can do what nobody else has done and defend your title more than 4 times

Yuudai: That's what i want. I want to keep the title for a long time and I'd really love to face Hendo Han, beat him and take his place in GAMMA's history books as the greatest HW of the organization.

We would like to congratulate Yuudai Ryuu for becoming just the 13th fighter in GAMMA history to break into the top 100 p4p worldwide!

Note: this only includes while participating in the org.

Yuudai Ryuu yesterday defended his title against Cheez Itz and is keeping to his claim to defend his title more times than the previous HW holder Hendo Han, which had 4 defenses. His next title defense will be against Trent Pope.

Bill Hickok Interview

#1 Welcome to GAMMA! How does it feel joining a new org after years in MIFC?

Bill: Ah, let me be honest, it isn't easy. I'd been in MIFC from the beginning and that's what I called home. It was tough to move on but with MIFC closing, there wasn't much else to do! Still, a new org poses a new challenge and new fights, so there's a lot to look forward to!

#2 Before signing you went though significant negotiations, what convinced you to join GAMMA?

Bill: Two men. Jeremy Tonal and Raz Matazz. Tonal won the Millionaire's tournament and Raz is undefeated with 22 wins on his record. In terms of competition, I couldn't have asked for more. That's what truly brought me to GAMMA.

#3 You will be fighting Tonal for the 205lbs title straight off the bat, do you think you are ready?

Bill: I've held the MIFC title for a long time. Tonal is a worthy adversary and I'm sure we'll have an exciting fight. I can't guarantee that I'll win as when you fight someone of the level of Tonal, you can't predict anything, but I sure as hell am ready.

#4 Jeremy just came off a loss to Jigoro Kane, Jeremies 4 previous losses came within 1 fight of each other, do you think this will give you a moral advantage going into the fight?

Bill: The past doesn't matter to me. A loss to Jigoro Kane is something most top LHW's have taken at some point or another, it isn't much of a big deal. Plus, the Tonal that took those losses before is a much different man from the Tonal we see now. This is going to be a war.

We'll see about that :)

Shouldn't Raz be fighting Bubba first?

nope. raz moved up to take the belt, not to beat a gatekeeper first. i think his record in gamma makes him deserving of that :D

plus he's still working on putting on the weight (he's only put on 5 pounds so far, since his last middleweight fight), and is only 198lbs right now.

he's still working on putting on the weight (he's only put on 5 pounds so far, since his last middleweight fight), and is only 198lbs right now.

Yeah, he was not expected to fight straight off the bat. At first it was suppose to be Clem vs Tonal for the title, however Clem did not renew straight away and Hickock signed so he got the first shot.

How it will go is that Tonal faces Hickock, the winner taking on Raz, the looser likely facing Clem for the top contender. If Clem wins then it will be him next for the title, if he looses though it will depend who the holder is...........come to think of it the scenarios are too complicated and i just had my beer.

Alan Bundy will be moving over to CFC for a super fight against previously #2 p4p ranked fighter Lucas Lunar! The fight will take place in Montreal on the 10th of June in front of a packed crowd.

This is the third time in GAMMA's history that a fighter has officially participated in a super fight or tournament (the other 2 fighters being Nova Uniao and Jeremy Tonal), with GAMMA's current record so far being 8-1!

Lucas Lunar recently just lost to his long time nemesis Waldorf Astoria and Alan is hoping to make it 2 losses in a row for the legend. When asked about the fight Alan had the following to say:

"Lucas is a renowned star, however i feel i could have the upper hand in the stand up, we will see"

Alan Bundy has already defended his 170lbs title on 4 occasions and is expected to face the winner of the Jan David vs Chase Carter some time in July.

Dwayne Hicks Interview

#1 It has been a long road to success, but after your 18th fight you finally won the 185lbs title! How does that feel?

Dwayne: It felt great to finally win the title, this is the reason us fighters fight and the fans watch.

#2 Beating Frank Sinatra must of been special after previously loosing to him in a majority decision a few months back, what changed this time round?

Dwayne: I changed my gameplan around and tightened up my takedown defense. In our first fight he pretty much took me down at will, lucky for me this fight turned out a bit differently. I look forward to our next match and being able to pull ahead in wins.

#3 The 185lbs division has been seriously improved with fighters such as Mark Lewis, Karl Denke, Ben Huxley and Rudy Fernandez all recently joining, do you think this limits the chances you have on keeping the title?

Dwayne: I believe any fighter has a shot at winning any given fight. The fighters that you mentioned are all mean sons-a-bitches but hell so aint I. I can only promise that I'll continue to try my hardest to win evry time I step into the cage.

#4 Your first defense puts you up against MIFC current champ Karl Denke, he is 8-0 in his career and is looking unstopable. Many people have you as being the underdog in this fight, what do you think?

Dwayne: I started my career on a streak like his but it came to an end, like all streaks do. Denke is going to be a handful for me to handle but I'm sure not going to lay down for him. Let the oddsmakers say that I'm an underdog, then point me to the one offering the best odds to see if I can win a little extra cash!

It has been exactly 2 years today since GAMMA ran its very first show!

The whole MMA Tycoon universe has evolved over that time, new cities sprouted up, great orgs were born, some re-branded and others folded, but over this period of time GAMMA has always been a rock solid organization. Some may say we lack the "flashiness" some of the top orgs in the game, we run a very straight forward product which people have gotten used to expect from us, but very few can doubt that there is not a lot more stable, organized, active and clean cut org in the game and i rather the facts speak for themselves:

- One of the longest running orgs in the game, running under the same unchanged banner.

- 3rd placed for total events and total fights offered

- Joint first for most total fighters signed, if you take Contenders that is a total of 300 fighters.

- Multiple time top 10 rated org.

- 74.8% VIP ratio, those which are not a VIP are either ex-VIP or some of the best non-VIP managers in the business.

- Extremely high activity ratio with 107 fighters of which only 7 have not logged in the past 3 days.

- 180+ News posts and we have never posted a post or pre-event review! No other org has anything close to that.

These are just a few of the records which pop to mind. What GAMMA is particularly proud of is achieving its goals through hard work. We never affiliated ourselves to some alliance, nor did we have anyone pump us up with cash. Success was basically achieved though creating long term relations with our member base, many of which started out as non-VIP rookies and are now some of the top names in the game.

It is hard to pick out just one or two managers to thank, so i basically made a list of everyone which i feel played an instrumental role to GAMMA over the past 2 years, here is some of the key managers:

Akira Arimaki

Anvil Rubble

Brad O'Neil

Benjamin Anderson

Bas Rutten

Bartolomeo St. Achura

Bruce Killzone

Benji Vandal

Barry Holmes

Barnabas Sackett

Bloody Gutz

bruce buffer

Roger Salt

Captain Lou

Christina Foote

Dee Hudge

Doug Hefferbottom

Doug Heffernan

Derek Zoolander

Dave Johnson

Damiàn Leite

Diwaza De Fre

Don Corleone

Emils Hartmanis

Face Kicker

Grund McGrunderson

Helio Gracie

Hansu Robinson-Bamse

Homer Jay

Jim Morbid

Jimmy Donuts

Jack Smith

Jam Doughnut

Jack Demon

Kurt Hussle

Keith Burns

K 1

Kiser Soze

Leroy Kenzington

Lee Corleone

Like Whoa

Nick Hall

Mac McNulty

Marcelo Rocha

Mega Alexandros

Master Yoda

MMA Oracle

Mr Dog

Mickey McCreary

Mogul Magnate

OJ Van Dammed

Paul Fairbairn

Paul Lennon

Peregrine Carruthers

Paul B

Pekka Pouta

Rick White

Ryne Urbz

Roger Salt

Richard Davenport

Richy Richhenheimer

Robert Lunatic

Rob Tassen

Shader Duchamp

Seppo Koskinen

The Hatchet

Tyrone Edwards

Note: Believe me when i say, the above list is an "extremely" conservative list. If i left you out, please forgive me, i really need to update my database more frequently :-)

So heres to the next year!

Alan Bundy shocked the world by beating Lucas Lunar in their highly anticipated super fight which took place in CFC!

This was Alan's fight super fight outside of GAMMA and is expected to have several more offers in the near future. For the full fight details go to the link below:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=318957

This puts GAMMA 9-1 in super fights and has made Bundy the most highly ranked 170lbs fighter in GAMMA history, surpassing the great Alexander Khalifman in the all time p4p ratings by moving up to #29 worldwide. Khalifman previously held the record of #31 p4p.