Grumpy bastard complaint

If an org owner was required to release fighters because an manager was not happy there would be zero point for contracts in the game. Some org owner may release upon request because they just dont care, others will release in fear of getting a 1 star rating from a pissed manager but the bottom line is they dont have to release upon request. This org is ID restricted so the likley hood of condtantly getting "unfair" is small. The problems im seeing managers complain about with this org are complaints of opponents not having enough hype or lower p4p than they would like. Too me its sounds like they are unhappy because they arent able to be matchmaker.

He's not an organization owner he's a piece of shit who took over an organization that he doesn't own because the owner went inactive.

I agree with Ovo above. I don't think Grumbs is beyond his rights as org owner here, but any player actively trying to diminish the player experience and that harasses other players should not have a place in this game. E.a. Humors, Grumbs, Mamado

When will you understand that there are rules in the game and people cant be banned just because you dont like them?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

This types of things should not be brought to Mike. There is a contract in place. If the org offered the contract and a fighter signed the contract, then its a deal. Agreed upon for money, fights, and length of time. If you're being held hostage in an org, that is between you and the org. Why sign a contract with an expiration date way past and conceivable amount of time it takes to fulfill the contract? I see this all the time with offers to me - contract expires January 2019. If you sign that deal, then technically you are signed to that contract and IN THAT ORG until Jan 2019 unless the fights get fulfilled, contract gets voided by inactivity or cancelled events, or the owner lets you out of the contract.

Some org owners don't care and let you out of the contract, some org owners do care and keep you in an org until they no longer can. Just like life, READ YOUR CONTRACTS.

+1

You cannot agree and sign a contract and then try to get the guy banned when you change your mind.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just curious, but before signing any contract for you fighters, do you have a thorough conversation w/ the org owner about your fighter receiving fair and beneficial fights?

That's not necessary if you hold out for an expiration date that ammounts to ~1 month per fight. worst case scenario, you'll be free in a few months.

That's not necessary if you hold out for an expiration date that ammounts to ~1 month per fight. worst case scenario, you'll be free in a few months.

That was my point. This should NOT be necessary at all...it should be a fucking given that the owner provide the fighters w/ fair match making. Grumpy openly admits that he could give a flying elephant as to the p4p/hype/pop of the fighters he is matching up.

That was my point. This should NOT be necessary at all...it should be a fucking given that the owner provide the fighters w/ fair match making. Grumpy openly admits that he could give a flying elephant as to the p4p/hype/pop of the fighters he is matching up.

Don't forget about skill he doesn't care about that either

I don't think that works anymore, the last time I tried to do that, the inactivity counter froze when I had an offer pending

Inactivity can be manipulated, but not contract expiration. As an org owner, I set the expiration way out. Its easier and its to my advantage as an owner to have a fighter signed in my org. If someone were to message me and ask for a change before signing, then its too easy to accommodate.

As a fight manager I usually ask for my contract month expiration to be 1-2 months more than the number of fights. Example: Signing today March 9 - 4 fight contract - I'd want that contract to expire in August the latest. If my fighter can't get four fights in what almost equates to 6 months, not sure that's the or I want to be in anyway.

• Upvote 1

That was my point. This should NOT be necessary at all...it should be a fucking given that the owner provide the fighters w/ fair match making.

it also should be a given that the government provides public services to everyone and that everybody gets along and that the kids in Africa don't die of starvation. that's not how it works though and in a game where you're dealing with people from all over the world and commiting your long time projects to them you should take the time to look out for that expiration date.

if managers don't acknowledge this then they're bound to be "held hostage" again and flood the forums with crying again.

Inactivity can be manipulated, but not contract expiration. As an org owner, I set the expiration way out. Its easier and its to my advantage as an owner to have a fighter signed in my org. If someone were to message me and ask for a change before signing, then its too easy to accommodate.

As a fight manager I usually ask for my contract month expiration to be 1-2 months more than the number of fights. Example: Signing today March 9 - 4 fight contract - I'd want that contract to expire in August the latest. If my fighter can't get four fights in what almost equates to 6 months, not sure that's the or I want to be in anyway.

Exactly. This illustrates perfectly the different interests at hand and what the expiration date is for and why managers must take it into account when signing with an org. if you agree to a contract for 3-4 fights that expires in an year that's a big risk and Mike doesn't have anything to do with it.

it also should be a given that the government provides public services to everyone and that everybody gets along and that the kids in Africa don't die of starvation. that's not how it works though and in a game where you're dealing with people from all over the world and commiting your long time projects to them you should take the time to look out for that expiration date.

if managers don't acknowledge this then they're bound to be "held hostage" again and flood the forums with crying again.

Are you a "special" person? This is a game, don't compare it to anything on a higher level than that. People play to have fun, not be trolled. Just because someone Can do something, doesn't mean they Should. It's unethical to contract a fighter and set him up w/ trash fights. Just like it's unethical for a manager to sign for a huge signing bonus then decline all fights and ride out the contract.

I'm not arguing whether it's cool or not cool to do that.

You sound like you're dead set on not checking the expiration dates of your contracts which is pretty weird IMO.

I never said that. But it sounds like you're trying to argue against the fact that Grumpy is a cocksucker. You put the blame on the manager(s) for signing a long contract rather than realizing the blame is 95% on Grumpy for being such a scumbag.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just remember Grumpy and anyone who agrees with him or justifies his methods.

Then, simply avoid signing with any of them.

Many managers, especially org owners, seem to think its fine to hold someone hostage and this has been a problem in the game since at least 2010.

Some other org owners say, "read the contract!", while not understanding how this damages the game, for the managers in question.

I wont sign with them either, as it shows their mentality.

This is a game, not even remotely resembling real life.... So why allow fucking arseholes to ruin the fun for so many?

I'm pretty annoyed seeing both Mentor and Petro, showing the same fucked up views.. pretty sad actually!

Any org owner, refusing to release a one of my fighters, after receiving a refund on the signing fee,

can go fuck themselves and I have no respect for them what so ever.

It's happened to me 5 times in 8 years, and none of those particular org owner assholes, are still in the game.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I understand your point Grasman and agree with you regarding that this is a game and people should not intentionally try and fuck it up for other players. This game is a life based simulation though and brings with it the personality and in most cases the made up persona of the individuals playing it. Unfortunately, we live among assholes and also have to share that space in the game with assholes. From the assholes perspective, maybe they view this behavior as perfectly normal. You also have wide variety of ages and maturity levels playing this game which can affect the way "business" gets handled on this game. If the option to end contracts at a moment notice because we don't like which way the wind is blowing that day existed, then the contract itself would be a useless idea.

As for Grump, its not the approach to take from my view, but my view is not his. I simply have ZERO interest to argue with game sim personas/personalities over contracts, fights, blah blah blah. I am passionate about delivering a great experience to managers through the org as well as interaction in the community for the betterment of the game. That's where this game really has something. I've interacted with quite a few tycoon players outside of the game and would even go as far as call someone like Jason Jbomb Smith a friend with some of the convos we've had about non game related stuff.

Ultimately, the grand Tycoon in the sky has written the rules and has always left this type of thing up to the players. Honestly, I believe it should be left up to the players. That is why I say "read the contract". Sign it KNOWING what you are getting instead of HOPING the org owner is a cool dude and will work with me if there's an issue.

Anyone that has ever dealt with me knows I play it fair and operate with the others in mind. I'm not always right, but I do my best to keep it fair. From the thousands of fighters I've had fighting under the KONFLIKT flag, I've held only one fighter to his contract that asked for an early release. I don't remember the reasoning I had for holding him, but I do remember holding one. He still received normal fight offers against equal opponents (which he accepted and fought), I just would not release until he finished his four fights.

At the end of it all, it is a game. There should not be stupid issues like this one, but the way this game it setup, there is. Easiest way to avoid any of this and enjoy the game to its fullest is to KNOW what you're getting instead of HOPING it all turns out okay.

• Upvote 6

But then the org owner starts trying to set up your top 20 p4p fighter against a 5k ranked fighter coming off 2 straight losses. The inactivity clause will never kick in because technically he's sending out offers, and your fighter is stuck for god knows how long in limbo. Technically yes, you should pay attention to expiration date in the contract, but it's immoral, even if you accept a long expiration date, to abuse the fighters.

It's immoral for you to not hold up forum avatar bet. I see I step out for a while and somebody is back to posting regular basis.

The King demands retribution.

It's immoral for you to not hold up forum avatar bet. I see I step out for a while and somebody is back to posting regular basis.

The King demands retribution.

I have been avoiding posting due to the typical forum user IQ level dropping somewhere around yours.

If I recall correctly, you asked whether the avatar would be applied to the forums or ingame, and I was nice enough to agree to both.

But if you think I'm gonna put in some sort of an effort to get the forum avatar to work, you're sadly mistaken. You want the avatar here? Send me a READY-TO-GO avatar which I can simply save, upload, the end.

I have been avoiding posting due to the typical forum user IQ level dropping somewhere around yours.

If I recall correctly, you asked whether the avatar would be applied to the forums or ingame, and I was nice enough to agree to both.

But if you think I'm gonna put in some sort of an effort to get the forum avatar to work, you're sadly mistaken. You want the avatar here? Send me a READY-TO-GO avatar which I can simply save, upload, the end.

Oh come on !!! Your avatar has/had ? a nice penis on his chest made of hair. You gotta bring it back lol.

It's crazy how many people take this game waaaaay too serious though. I either forgot to set sliders on all my fights since like beginning of February or forgot to cancel my plane rides and there was nothing more liberating than that lol. The only 2-3 fights I actually set sliders and did not forget to cancel my flight were the ones on the NY Legends tourney last date because I had made a promise to Bjorn that I would do everything to fill that last spot and fight Burns and I had been wanting to fight Burns forever since he is such a stud. That was a good fight.

LOL some of my fighters are even deserting me and have moved to LA ? What the fuuuuuuuk lolol

Oh fuck and I missed my fight against Gunnar Steigelmann and Doolittle , nooooo I actually wanted to fight those 2. One is a legend and the other one beat up Mase Force when he was under my management :(

Ok vacations time is over. Time to bring everyone back to the NYC (Why would they move to LA ? LA sucks) and get serious again. I owe it to my fans, I owe it to my foes and Alex time to get that PENIS back on your damn chest!

Camara is back ! (Not really but I'll try to give a fuuk a bit more)

Maybe I'll make one of those Gym threads showcasing my fighters ala Jarmas, maybe if I give them more personality I will care a bit moar lol :)

edit: My gym ran out of money, I swear to God you can't even trust Kevin Spacey these days.

I understand your point Grasman and agree with you regarding that this is a game and people should not intentionally try and fuck it up for other players. This game is a life based simulation though and brings with it the personality and in most cases the made up persona of the individuals playing it. Unfortunately, we live among assholes and also have to share that space in the game with assholes. From the assholes perspective, maybe they view this behavior as perfectly normal. You also have wide variety of ages and maturity levels playing this game which can affect the way "business" gets handled on this game. If the option to end contracts at a moment notice because we don't like which way the wind is blowing that day existed, then the contract itself would be a useless idea.

As for Grump, its not the approach to take from my view, but my view is not his. I simply have ZERO interest to argue with game sim personas/personalities over contracts, fights, blah blah blah. I am passionate about delivering a great experience to managers through the org as well as interaction in the community for the betterment of the game. That's where this game really has something. I've interacted with quite a few tycoon players outside of the game and would even go as far as call someone like Jason Jbomb Smith a friend with some of the convos we've had about non game related stuff.

Ultimately, the grand Tycoon in the sky has written the rules and has always left this type of thing up to the players. Honestly, I believe it should be left up to the players. That is why I say "read the contract". Sign it KNOWING what you are getting instead of HOPING the org owner is a cool dude and will work with me if there's an issue.

Anyone that has ever dealt with me knows I play it fair and operate with the others in mind. I'm not always right, but I do my best to keep it fair. From the thousands of fighters I've had fighting under the KONFLIKT flag, I've held only one fighter to his contract that asked for an early release. I don't remember the reasoning I had for holding him, but I do remember holding one. He still received normal fight offers against equal opponents (which he accepted and fought), I just would not release until he finished his four fights.

At the end of it all, it is a game. There should not be stupid issues like this one, but the way this game it setup, there is. Easiest way to avoid any of this and enjoy the game to its fullest is to KNOW what you're getting instead of HOPING it all turns out okay.

I've never had a problem with you, what so ever, as far as i remember, you were always a good dude to me, same with Mentor.

I used both your names, as you were the ones commenting on "read the contract",, a comment I heard a lot, when "well connected" managers were doing this shit early on.

Yes, people shouldn't sign with just "anyone",, do the research on the org owner.

However, not all managers have the experience to avoid the arseholes and the newer managers are the ones needing protection from this type of org owners, not me.

In my first years, I "had feelings" about my RNG fighters and was genuinely sad/happy if they won/lost and was mortified getting fucked over by an org owner..

I still hate that fucker today.

I was seriously thinking about leaving the game after that experience.

How many have actually left, after getting their favorite fighter held up by some arseholes and dealing with the community, often large alliance members, protecting the Org owner in question.

But, I thought Mike put a plug in it a few years back, by removing the auto reset on the inactivity clause, when fights are offered??

Has that been pulled back?