*OFFICIAL MMA TYCOON* Fantasy FA Premier League 14/15

TheMould

So it's upon us now and I see no discussion for it so I thought why not start it and get some banter going!

The Mass-Mail (for anybody who somehow missed it.....)

Hi all!
The English Premier League starts this weekend and as usual we've set up a mini league for MMA Tycoon users. There is 3 months VIP to the winner of the main league and 150 spin and win credits to the winner of the head to head league.
Join up at the URL below and once you've set up your team, go to the leagues tab and join the private leagues using the codes below.
http://fantasy.premierleague.com
Classic League: Code to join this league: 98135-29751

Head to Head: Code to join this league: 98135-369948

Who you guys got as your surprise early peaks for the season or your bargain buys?

Sturridge has done it without Suarez before, plus Coutinho has been back on form in pre season so he should have the supply. I do have Rooney as well so need to choose between them two for captain.

I have no idea who I picked either. I don't watch soccer/football that much but I figured I had a better chance of winning the prizes if I joined the leagues. I really only know of three teams, Manchester U (cause the people that own my American Football team own it), Something Roma? They had them vs Manchester U on Fox last month before The Lawler/Brown fight, and Chelsea.

Looking at my team, I got Coleman-Everton, Terry-Chelsea, Baines-Everton, Ivanovic-Chelsea, Davis-SHamp, Gerrard-Liverpool, Mutch-QPR, Shelvey-Swansey, Campbell-Crystal Palace, Weimann-Ashtin Villa, Szczesny-Arsenal, Mertrsacker-Arsenal, Yaya Toure-Man City, Giroud-Arsenal, Howard-Everton

Edited by kenlow73

I have no idea who I picked either. I don't watch soccer/football that much but I figured I had a better chance of winning the prizes if I joined the leagues. I really only know of three teams, Manchester U (cause the people that own my American Football team own it), Something Roma? They had them vs Manchester U on Fox last month before The Lawler/Brown fight, and Chelsea.

Looking at my team, I got Coleman-Lei, Terry-Bur, Baines-Lei, Ivanovic-Bur, Davis-Liv, Gerrard-Sou, Mutch-Hul, Shelvey-Mun, Campbell-Ars, Weimann-Sth, Szczesny-Cry, Mertrsacker-Cry, Yaya Toure-New, Giroud-Cry, Howard-Lei

hey ken, that names for the teams is not who they are playing for it is who they are against in the first game of the season

Sturridge struggled at previous clubs, he needs to show he's got more than one season in him.

I hate it but Rooney is my big call. Recon Giroud will be strong and Lukaku once back

It's well known he was played out of position, if at all, at other clubs. He scored quite a few for Bolton when he went on loan and played up front.

It's well known he was played out of position, if at all, at other clubs. He scored quite a few for Bolton when he went on loan and played up front.

at Chelsea yes cause he was always wide but at City he was played all over and underperformed all-round. My worry with Sturridge is that if his confidence goes he's screwed. He's very similar to Darren Bent, in terms that he takes a lot of shots and when he's confident he'll get a load but if he's not (and we're yet to see that at liverpool) then he'll most likely be prone to missing a fair few chances.

at Chelsea yes cause he was always wide but at City he was played all over and underperformed all-round. My worry with Sturridge is that if his confidence goes he's screwed. He's very similar to Darren Bent, in terms that he takes a lot of shots and when he's confident he'll get a load but if he's not (and we're yet to see that at liverpool) then he'll most likely be prone to missing a fair few chances.

How old was Sturridge at Man City? He was there about 5 years ago so 21 at the oldest, he's developed a lot since then. I don't really remember him playing at Man City but according to wiki he won "Man City Young Player of the Season" in his last season there :D.