Remove the middle man

sabaton

I think the idea behind not doing might be that it makes no logical sense in a real life setting.

"Here boss, have all my money."

"You're fired."

"OK."

(as often done when you laundry before dropping a fighter.)

Just doesn't make much sense buy at lease forcing people to buy an item it's a means to sidestep that. I do agree that this is a game so this whole thing is gameplay, and the gameplay has some areas that need fixing, I honestly don't like posting this because I don't have a better solution but I thought it was something worth noting. I think in the end the answer just be that this is a game and no one wants to lose the money they earned with their fighter even after they've finished with them, I might go a step further and say something should be put in place so when you drop a fighter his money would be given to the manager by default(say all but 3k of it).

• Upvote 2

Allow us to transfer money from fighter to manager with a 10% tax. Take all profits from this 10% tax and create a Tycoon Bank that can sell game cash to managers for real money.

Doing this allows us to get fighters money with no laundry and makes Mike real money in turn helping the game grow.

Do it.

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

Allow us to transfer money from fighter to manager with a 10% tax. Take all profits from this 10% tax and create a Tycoon Bank that can sell game cash to managers for real money.

Doing this allows us to get fighters money with no laundry and makes Mike real money in turn helping the game grow.

Do it.

i like the bank and money for mike idea +1

I think we should be able to set our manager pay with each fighter. Set it too high and it affects fighter morale. But higher paid fighters could pay higher manager wages and in real life they would pay higher for better management.

That would not remove laundry. Managers would still want to launder out the rest of the fighter cash that isn't automatically transferred with your proposal.

And if your intention would be to permanently keep cash on fighters, I would wager the general community would not like that one bit, and it would greatly affect new users being able to earn cash from their fighters in the same way veteran managers have been able to. Moving fighter cash to managers isn't going away. But it's past time to change how it is done.

But people still could do laundering it won't stop them doing it, it might be a little less frequent if this was included in. I don't think there would be a way to get around companies laundering, unless they set a limit to how much items a fighter can buy per day but that could have an affect on the companies that don't launder.

Do it.

This could act like a money sink. I personally think the tax should be 20% so it's higher than the clothing companies that launder.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This could act like a money sink. I personally think the tax should be 20% so it's higher than the clothing companies that launder.

If it costs more to go from fighter to manager than fighter to laundry to manager, peopke are still going to go the laundry route, so keep that in mind

If you want a higer tax rate than the mgr to mgr rate, then i would suggest something like having all fighter money being automatically transferred to the manager at like 30% tax, sans a minimum fighter balance of 3k.

Then put the taxed money toward the suggestions above.

To be honest, money laundering when owning a clothing/nutrition company is pretty much the only fun thing about it. Take out laundering from those, you take out the fun. I dont see whats the issue with the current system. It pushes you towards dealing with other managers, which is what a social game is about.

I dont think "interacting with other managers" is the "issue" =P

• Upvote 1

If it costs more to go from fighter to manager than fighter to laundry to manager, peopke are still going to go the laundry route, so keep that in mind

If you want a higer tax rate than the mgr to mgr rate, then i would suggest something like having all fighter money being automatically transferred to the manager at like 30% tax, sans a minimum fighter balance of 3k.

Then put the taxed money toward the suggestions above.

Depending on how much is being laundered and how badly you need the money. Personally I'd rather go the easy way, paying 20% instead of paying 10% and being left with a shit load of stock which I'll have to go to the possessions page to remove. Another reason why I'd rather pay 20% is because I'd rather see money go out of the game than stay in it. The game has had problems trying to create a successful money sink to stop so much money going around MMA Tycoon.

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...

Bump, I think this is good topic I think Mike should see again. I'm fine with this not being worked on right away but I think there's some good potential here to keep considered.

What I like:

-When You release a fighter move all but 3k into the managers account. (in hindsight I actually think this was a pretty good idea I had in a post that I said I couldn't think of any good ideas)

-Allow managers to transfer money from their fighters to their bank

-Tax both of the above 10-20%(I'd be fine with either or something in between) and Mike could sink some money out of the game as well as sell some back to players for some extra income on his end.

What might still need to be looked into:

Buff to clothing/nutrition company? Would we agree that removing laundry would be a pretty decent nerf to these companies that would need to be countered to keep them as viable as they are now? How about allowing orgs to buy a mass amount of product from their partners(At a bit of a discounted rate but it wouldn't count towards the companies monthly stocks) to give to fighters on the roster, it'll allow orgs to give their fighters something extra and add some extra income to these companies.

• Upvote 1

What might still need to be looked into:

Buff to clothing/nutrition company? Would we agree that removing laundry would be a pretty decent nerf to these companies that would need to be countered to keep them as viable as they are now? How about allowing orgs to buy a mass amount of product from their partners(At a bit of a discounted rate but it wouldn't count towards the companies monthly stocks) to give to fighters on the roster, it'll allow orgs to give their fighters something extra and add some extra income to these companies.

I like it.

To further expand on this idea: instead of the current nutrition partnership mechanic, how about allowing all gyms to order in product to stock up vending machines? That opens up a lot more business for nutrition companies.

Or alternately, keep the nutrition partnership mechanic for discounts: gyms who have a partnership get the product at the reduced cost, but other gyms can still buy in product at a higher cost.

• Upvote 2

I'm totally down. The bank idea was great, would make Mike money and also save a load of hassle with laundry.

Mike please rethink this bank idea

• 11 months later...

What if we had Mike's 20% transfer tax and something like a 5% sales tax?

The sales tax wouldn't change much in most of the game- companies would just make their products more expensive to make up for it. However, it would make laundry more expensive (if the company takes 10%, the person buying the laundry loses 15%). This would give a much bigger money sink, and it would affect everyone, not just people who want money from their fighters. It also would make paying the 20% transfer fee less unappealing.

I don't think anyone would be happy about it, though.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...