How to Properly Train

DuaneBang

I've been wondering this for awhile now and I think I've been doing it wrong. I spar around 3 times a week per fighter and all my fighters have Cardio and then I do some secondaries. I also immediately do a QFC right after I create a fighter and sign a contract after that. Am I doing anything wrong?

Honestly you have a fairly good base going. Most people will say don't worry about secondaries so early and focus on physicals for a bit longer, so you could do that, but you are on the right path.

there are many ways to get to the end point -- a lot depends on what your doing with the fighter as in gonna train awhile or fight right away -- everyone has their own style or suggestions and like i mentioned there are many ways to skin cat as they say -- i usually hit physicals for little bit then secondaries mixed with sparring -- some dont spar very much and then others spar very heavily

In general terms, because I don't want to be spoonfed everything, about how long does it take an average fighter to gain a full level of conditioning if you are training cardio and circuit training with about 8-9 of your training periods each week, and using decent supplements to maintain energy?

I know results will vary.

Some of both secondaries and primaries. They both are important, but you have to understand that in the time it takes to spar a wonderful primary to exceptional, you can get BJJ or wrestling to competent and make a much bigger difference to your ability to stop takedowns and submissions, verses having a little better punches and such.

Some of both secondaries and primaries. They both are important, but you have to understand that in the time it takes to spar a wonderful primary to exceptional, you can get BJJ or wrestling to competent and make a much bigger difference to your ability to stop takedowns and submissions, verses having a little better punches and such.

I don't get it. You mean that in the time it takes to improve primaries, I could improve secondaries way more?

I don't get it. You mean that in the time it takes to improve primaries, I could improve secondaries way more?

Nope.

It takes longer to train something per unit of skill gained as your fighter gets better at it. Training something from wonderful to exceptional takes MUCH longer than it does to train something from useless to abysmal, no matter if it a primary skill, or secondary, or a physical. As you get better at something, you have to train more for less gains pointwise.

So ya, you can train wonderful wrestling to exceptional and get a little help with takedown defense(and some other things too, mind you) training useless TDD to competent will probably matter much more in regards to stopping takedowns because you have gained 50 skill points in TDD verses just 10 skill in Wrestling.

In the time it would take you to spar Wonderful MT to exceptional, you could spar BJJ or Wrestling to competent, or raise useless agility to competent, and improving those attributes will probably do you a lot more good, fight effectiveness wise, than raising MT a little more, up to a point.

No one really knows the math that is in the fight engine in reality, but we can make some reasonable assumptions about what is going on and create a strategy to take advantage of it.