http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1393702453FV%20Moving%20logo.gif

This Week in Forbidden Violence

Welcome to the first edition of this week in Forbidden Violence, this week we take a look at FV #24’s top fights, the most anticipated fights in FV coming this week and the good news of Frank King remaining as owner of Forbidden Violence

FV #24 Ultimatum - Review

Live from Wandalay Bay on Saturday 21st June in front of 11,814 fans!

Forbidden Violence brought its latest show to the fans in great style giving all the 11,814 fans exactly what they want, tons of violence! The only thing this week’s show didn’t have was a submission but KO’s and TKO’s have come common place in the most violent organisation in the whole of Tycoon so this is not of huge shock to any of the fans.

Mikio Okita retained his Welterweight title against Manfred von Richthofen in the main event of the evening!

It wasn’t the show stealer we thought it was going to be but it was enough of a performance from Mikio Okita to retain his welterweight title against a valiant von Richthofen who managed to take him to the second round. Okita finished an tough performance after Manfred took the first round in everybodies eyes and left nothing to chance when he connected with a big right and he followed up with a series of shots von Richthofen could only turtle against before the official separated the pair and ended the fight.

The Co-main event saw fight of the night when Jamalski Ramirezovics took on Orville Redenbacher and came through as victor but the fight ended in controversial fashion

Nothing should take away from the all-out war both of these men engaged in last night but a shadow will hang over this fight preventing it from being remembered as one of the best of all time. The fight was ended by doctor stoppage – with a mere 32 seconds left to run – to the outrage of all the fans in attendance as well as both o the fighters and their corners. It is likely that Ramirezovics would’ve taken the fight if it had made it to the judges’ score cards but Redenbacher’s corner was infuriated it didn’t get the chance and with 32 seconds left of a blood filled swing for the fences fight like this once, anything could’ve happened!

Out of the other fights the finish from Bang Bang vs John Watson really stood out to us here at CPA and was well worth a mention as Bang Bang knocked John Watson out cold for his third Forbidden Violence win. Bang Bang didn’t only walk off with the victory but also $5k for winning a well-deserved KO of the night award. The finish came around the mid-point of the fight after Bang landed a solid straight left that left Watson wobbly footed, Bang wasn’t going to miss this opportunity and finished decisively with a great overhand right than sent Watson to the canvas

The Coming Week in FV

This Wednesday will see 10 top class match-ups from FV midweek #8 but the one that’s really caught our eye is the fight between former champion, Titus Arellius and Russian “The General” Vladimir Petrov

This bout really caught our eye as the former champion lost only his second fight in nine last time out and had been really impressive throughout each of those bouts. Along with that his opposition, “The General”, will be looking to kick start his own winning streak by making “Polan” his third victim in a row. Petrov has the fans excited with the 26-year-old looking like he has real potential to make a run for the FV belt at such a young age and a win on Wednesday wouldn’t go amiss in his attempts to grab owner Frank Kings attention.

FV #25 5x5 happens this weekend and it is impossible to choose a match-up I’m most excited about on that card as it’s the card of champions, near on all the champions will be competing at the event - only Lightweight title holder Johann Joensen won’t be competing while he waits for a the winner of Diaz vs Downtime. The biggest fight arguably of the week is the fight that’ll likely be the main event between the number 12 and number 26 Super Heavyweights in the world, Mohammed takes on Arvydas Sabonis for the Superheavyweight title. Both men come in to this one undefeated during their time in FV but that should change on Saturday night. This has an “of the Night” award written all over it and the fans will hope it delivers.

Also on the card is Gegard Mousasi © v Phil Ivey for the Light Heavyweight Title has the fans excited as Mousasi comes into undefeated in 5 fights, while Ivey is one of the most popular fighters on the card. Abel Speed vs Macadam Baird see’s one of our personal favourites in Abel Speed look to defend his belt and his undefeated streak in FV, Baird looks to do what he couldn’t do against Pehmytkudos and take a title victory. Last of the title fights is the Heavyweight title defence by Oleg Karev when he faces Billy Roberts, Roberts will be looking to stop the former Ascension warrior in his tracks as the Russian is unbeaten in three since arriving at FV.

A Quick Interview with the King

This past week Championship Press Association caught up quickly with Frank King and got the opportunity to ask him a couple of quick questions. When asked what direction he wanted the organisation to head in and what he’d say to new talents and managers considering Forbidden Violence as an option to join he had this to say;

“I think FV has done well to get where it is in the time I’ve run it. I just want to keep going and pleasing the mangers by offering fair fights. I don't let people pick opponents all fights are evaluated before and after. With this in place I hope we can only get stronger and rise to the top of the world and be one of the big orgs.

As for talent looking at FV all I'll say is sign one fighter come and join. After people sign their first fighter they normally stay and want to sign more. Fair fights, top bonuses and amazing write ups what's not to like!”

It seems great that Frank’s intentions are to push Forbidden Violence on and make it the next big organisation, but while also having his head firmly planted on his shoulders. King is also grateful for the existing staff and fighters he already has and he made a very firm point of making that clear, being quoted in saying; “Yeah a huge thank you to everybody signed for FV for their loyalty and commitment. Stay VIOLENT guys.” That says to me that while he wishes to grow the organisation out, he also wants to remember where he came from and stay loyal to the fighters that have served him so very well over the opening 6 months or so of this promising organisation.

That’s all we have time for in this edition of “This Week in Forbidden Violence” but make sure to stay alert for the special “Champions” edition next week following FV #25 5x5 for full championship bouts review and exclusive interviews with some of the top names in the game. Thanks again and we’ll hope see you live from the Sparta’s Palace this Saturday night!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/14036459152.jpg

UCFL #2: Bad Intentions

Pre-Event Press Conference

UCFL #2: Bad Intentions comes to you live from The Underground (capacity: 2,000), Tokyo on Friday 27th June.

Dan Milner: Welcome to the press conference for UCFL #2: Bad Intentions, thank you all for turning out and all questions will be answered. Please keep all questions respectful and professional. I’d also just like to thank the 6 gentle man with me, who too my left hand side I have Benjamin Grundy, Clinton Chaos and Mark Coleman. On my right I have their respective opponents Marcos Duarte, Birigiz Ignatiev and Kiel Flay. Go ahead guys, fire away with the questions.

Reporter #1: To Daniel, it’s a simple one to start with, how do you view the opening weekend and do you think this event will be an improvement on the first?

Daniel Milner: Ask the fans what they thought of it, they were going nuts flat out for both nights and I saw a lot of familiar faces in the crowd on the second night. I think while myself, DW and the fighters have passion for the organisation we’ll be successful. Rome wasn’t built in one day and neither will UCFL be but we’re definitely off to a great start.

Reporter #2: Daniel what do you see in the fight between Grundy and Duarte. What’s got you most excited?

Dan Milner: I’m going to hand that question straight over to the two men themselves, why should people be watching you guys?

Marcos Duarte: *translated* People should be watching because I’m featuring in the fight, no other reason needed. Stoppage, Sub, Decision. It doesn’t matter the fans are going to turn up to watch me win.

Benjamin Grundy: Confidence is something I admire but Duarte is not confident, he is arrogant. I respect his game and what he is capable of; I’d be stupid not too. This is a fight you’re going to want to see because you’re going to get your money’s worth. I always provide a show. On a bit of a slide but UCFL is a new start for me, its game time.

Reporter #4: Benjamin you seem very down to earth, is this as a result of this recent slide during your short time in EVO or just what else has brought this on?

Benjamin Grundy: EVO was a disappointing time in my career, I cannot deny that but it’s not like Duarte is coming in on a win streak, he’s got his own slide going on too and I hope to make it a 5th for him. I draw confidence from my time in Synchronicity though, I can’t explain why I struggled in EVO but I’ve looked over my weaknesses and know I’ll be an improved man coming in. Just gotta cover my jaw *laughs*.

Reporter #3: Mark Coleman I’m coming to you, I just want to know how you feel facing a guy who’s only fought 16 professional fights in his career by the age of 33. I know age is just a number to yourself and your performances never cease to amaze but is there a time where facing competition younger and healthier will become more of a challenge? And to Kiel do you feel what I’ve just said gives you the edge?

Mark Coleman: Every opponent in each of my 75 of so bouts across my career has been a challenge why should or would Kiel or any other potential future match-ups be any different? I have always respected my opponents coming into a bout, with very rare exceptions, and even if I’ve taken a quick victory that’s been down to my ability and skill on the day, not their lack of. My health is great and it’s insulting for anybody to insinuate otherwise and age is just a number that some let mentally block them. I’m not old!

Keil Flay: I loved to follow Mark’s career when I was first getting into the game, he was great to watch and exciting. The man had it all, submissions, KO’s, you name it he had it, but that’s the past. I have to respect Mark but age catches up with everybody. To his fans, I’d advise looking away because this will be like watching Old Yeller. Mark I’m going to put you down.

Mark Coleman: The only thing you should put down kid is the pipe you’ve been smoking. Win or Lose I keep going and always will do, I’m a champion in heart and even now, I hope to be once again. A new org, brand new rankings following the event, why can’t I be at the top with an impressive win tonight!

Dan Milner: Okay gentlemen, settle down a little. I’d ask all reporters to direct your questions to the co-main eventers of UCFL #2: Bad Intentions.

Reporter #5: Dan what made you match-up Clinton Chaos and Birigiz Ignatiev and do you see it being one of the fights of the night?

Dan Milner: There’s no reason it shouldn’t be to be honest, it has the potential to be a great fight and that’s why me and DW put this fight together. The fans love Birigiz despite him barely speaking a word of Japanese or English and Chaos’ potential is something that just needs to be unlocked even this late on in his career. It’s the perfect match-up for both men, a big win can put them in serious contention for being in the first title bout, so you should definitely be watching this one.

Reporter #2: Clinton, what do you bring to the table to this fight and so late on do you agree with the hype around yourself. The hype that’s just been echoed by Dan Milner right their?

Clinton Chaos: Imagine if both me and Coleman won tonight? That’d blow you bloody reporters minds wouldn’t it? I’m here for the same damn reason as every other fighter on the card and in the organisation, to win and win decisively and leave no doubt in anybody’s mind who won and why.

Dan Milner: I completely support that statement from Clinton. We’ve offered contracts to people who want to win. I don’t sign “gate-holders” or “special attractions”. Some people may view some fights that way and the occasional fight may inevitably become a passing of the torch match but just like in every other fight in this organisation, they’ll have to take the victory. The first rankings come out on Sunday night/Monday morning following this event and every fighter that wins will have a fair shot in being high up on that board.

Dan Milner: I’ll have to cut it short their guys as we don’t have times, we now have to move onto the weigh-ins. The fighters will be available after the weigh-ins for one on one interview if they wish and we look forward to seeing you tomorrow live at the underground in Tokyo! Thank you for your time guys! As said before all rankings for the divisions will be posted on our website following the event.

Championship Press Association

Now Closed

I will be continuing to write and boost the smack-talk threads with entertainment just no longer continuing the CPA thread.

Thanks for all who supported CPA and helped me out.

Writing availability: Available

Workload: Preferably once a week. Open to writing interview/reviews/previews. Done it all and in different styles

Time Period: Currently Short Term

Pay: Negotiable - dependant on size of org and workload/quality.

Example of Work: Most will have seen some of mine about but here the CPA link with all/most my work: http://www.mmatycoon...showtopic=43210

Other: Looking for short term work, am open to all offers but will ultimately depend on workload. Any questions or offers PM me. Available to write for both organisations and individual managers so if you want a fighter interviewed or previewed feel free to PM