Private flight questions

Snowman

If I rent a jet to move my fighters base;

A. does the plane need to be returned from it's place of origin? or can it be left where I want to go. Basically, I want to move from Rio to L.A. that's 16 hours, so can I rent it for 1 day and be good?

B. how many seats do i need to move my fighters base? does that matter?

C. Anyone got a flight going from Rio to L.A. already this month?

You don't need a private jet to move base. In fact it would probably be cheaper for you to just fly coach to a new base. Since you will take a big hit to morale when changing base and will need to take time off to get that back up anyway, I would say that it is better to save the money of even first class and just fly coach. IF you have money to burn, and really would prefer to fly first class that is fine, but it is still probably cheaper than a private jet.

SInce this question was asked at all, I am going to assume that, like many newbies, you are under the mistaken understanding that all things flying related are located in the page with the airplane symbol. It is not. I have made this point on several occasions and I think it needs to be fixed, but as it is now, you need to go to the Map page and scroll down to the bottom. There you will find the relevant information and links to visit another city for a fight or change base etc. This is the page you should be going to instead of the private jet page. Private jets are rich manager's toys and they do sometimes offer flights to the general public, but it is still probably not what you want to be doing until you have lots of cash. Stick with the public airlines.

Hope this helps.

You don't need a private jet to move base. In fact it would probably be cheaper for you to just fly coach to a new base. Since you will take a big hit to morale when changing base and will need to take time off to get that back up anyway, I would say that it is better to save the money of even first class and just fly coach. IF you have money to burn, and really would prefer to fly first class that is fine, but it is still probably cheaper than a private jet.

If you move base with a private jet, there is almost no morale loss. Often, buying a ticket on a private jet is comparable and sometimes even cheaper than flying first class. Do your homework and check the prices. If you can afford it, it will save you A LOT of energy and morale. Just keep in mind that you need to buy 5 seats on the plane when moving base with a private jet.

However, renting a private jet yourself will be quite costly. Unless you are really rich, hitching a ride on someone else's private jet is the way to go, and even then only if it is priced within your budget.

If you move base with a private jet, there is almost no morale loss. Often, buying a ticket on a private jet is comparable and sometimes even cheaper than flying first class. Do your homework and check the prices. If you can afford it, it will save you A LOT of energy and morale. Just keep in mind that you need to buy 5 seats on the plane when moving base with a private jet.

However, renting a private jet yourself will be quite costly. Unless you are really rich, hitching a ride on someone else's private jet is the way to go, and even then only if it is priced within your budget.

I didn't know that about the Private jets. Interesting. I was going on the assumption that this was another case of a newer player getting confused about how to move their fighters about. It really does need to change. The airplane Icon has most of them thinking that is where all flight related information is at and it simply is not.

I never looked that much into the private jet thing since it is so far out of my price range that I just largely ignore it. I have noticed though that most of the tickets for private jets that I have seen are at least as expensive as 1st class. But again. I haven't been looking into it so I haven't seen that many. Most of my contact with it is when the owner of ToP sends his private jet out to New York to fly a bunch of guys out to the events in Montreal. He offers those flights very cheap as a perk of fighting for him. Pretty cool actually. I have never moved using a private jet thoug and had no idea that Morale loss was minimized like energy loss is.

If I am using my jet to fly my own fighters around, I generally set the ticket price slightly more than first class. If I don't sell the seats, it is just wasted space, so I may as well get something for them. I don't know if others do the same or not.

As far as the morale hit goes, here is what Mike posted on the spoiler/update page when moving base was implemented:

Moving Base With Private Jets

18th Oct 2012

We've added move base with private jets. You can now move base at no energy loss and virtually no morale loss. You will lose around 5 points of morale compared to 25 points using a standard flight. Energy loss is exactly the same as it would be with a standard private jet flight; you will just require 5 seats instead of 1, to move all your possessions. As with all updates, it's been tested but let me know if you find any bugs! Enjoy! :)

Cool... that slipped through the cracks, but having to buy five seats on a private jet is rather pricey. On the other hand that is probably cheaper than a 1st class ticket if you can find someone who is charging reasonable rates. Five seats at "slightly above 1st class" prices is less than the 10 times cost to move base with a standard flight. Next time I move base I may have to try and find someone with a private jet and see about booking space on it.

Cool... that slipped through the cracks, but having to buy five seats on a private jet is rather pricey. On the other hand that is probably cheaper than a 1st class ticket if you can find someone who is charging reasonable rates. Five seats at "slightly above 1st class" prices is less than the 10 times cost to move base with a standard flight. Next time I move base I may have to try and find someone with a private jet and see about booking space on it.

A lot of private jet owners only have 5 seat planes, so you are essentially using the entire plane yourself. If you email someone and ask for a price quote to move base, they will likely figure out what it costs to break even on the flight, then charge you a couple thousand extra. For someone with a bigger plane, they are also probably willing to deeply discount the rate since you are buying so many seats.

I also tend to price seats cheap- because they subsidise flights i need to make anyway.

As for can the plane be left where your moving to- if you message an owner like me (but more local, mine stays in europe for the most part) if they have no buisness in that city/your doing it very short notice, they'll assume they need to bring it back empty and the price they quote will reflect that.

But say someone said to me they need to move between amsterdam and london at any point in the next month (I run an org that puts on events in both and has fighters in both) theres quite likley to be a point where I need to send a plane between the two empty (in between a card in london where its returned amsterdam fighters home and a card in amsterdam where it needs to get london fighters there for example) and thus the whole plane is up for grabs, if no one takes it I loose 2 grand but need to do it anyway, so will happily let it go for very little.

If I rent a jet to move my fighters base;

A. does the plane need to be returned from it's place of origin? or can it be left where I want to go. Basically, I want to move from Rio to L.A. that's 16 hours, so can I rent it for 1 day and be good?

B. how many seats do i need to move my fighters base? does that matter?

C. Anyone got a flight going from Rio to L.A. already this month?

Take a look at this thread before you set something up - http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34613

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When booking a fighter of yours on someones else private jet, do we still need to pm the owner that "hey i booked my fighter on your jet" due to that extra charge if there is or not necessary at all?

If the private jet flight is public (ie you were able to buy a ticket) then no, we get an automatic message when you buy each ticket.

The only time you need to message an owner is if your looking for somthing thats not publicly available (ie a flight booking especially or inviting on a flight thats not up for public sale)

• 3 years later...