Your Favorite Fighters And Why

Scooby

Thought we were only naming active fighters.

Bas Rutten

Mirko Cro Cop

Mike Tyson

Chuck Liddell

Rampage Jackson

Krazy Horse

Joachim Hansen

Fedor

Anderson Silva

Andrei Arlovski

all very entertaining fighters. Hell I'd throw Bob Sapp on there, just cuz you knew somebody was getting knocked out when he fought lol.

I was a fan of Arlovski right up until the 3rd fight with Tim Silvia when they danced around the octagon for 25 minutes with each other in one of the most boring main events I have ever watched. I've never been able to get over that one, and honestly he was never the same fighter even after leaving the UFC from the time he took that knock out shot from Silvia in their second fight. I understand that you can't be stupid, and I very much enjoyed the Gracie - Shamrock "Superfight" that the two of them were locked in Gracie's guard for 30+ minutes. However, Arlovski-Silvia III was not about defensive positioning and careful aggression, but neither of those guys wanted to fight that night.

Frankie Edgar need I say more

HEART

Of all the fighters that I am not a true "fan" of (not saying I don't like Frankie, but he's one of those guys somewhere in the middle with me), I have never been so happy for one as I was when Frankie took out BJ Penn in the rematch. His losses to Benson Henderson were both RAZOR thin decisions, imho, and I look forward to seeing Frankie fight Aldo again soon. I have no idea why they would take a fighter, even one of Frankie's caliber, and put him in a title fight in his first cut down to a new weight class. I think that had a lot to do with Aldo's victory, but maybe we'll get to find out in the not-too-distant future.

Frye is a great pick. I hope Frank Dux was a joke. The guy was as huge fraud making up that whole story in an interview to BlackBelt magazine. He used to use sugar glass bottles and claim they were real for demonstrations. Basically his whole career was just one big lie that got bigger each time he told it. I doubt he has ever been in any real fight.

It was a joke.

• Downvote 1

Wanderlei Silva-Probably the first fighter I saw who got me invested in the sport. Plus, he brings it every time and always puts on a war.

Travis Brown-It seems like we see a highlight reel knockout every time he steps in the cage.

Junior dos Santos-IMO, the most entertaining heavyweight on the roster.

Dennis Bermudez-He puts in a great fight every time he steps in the cage and he seems to improve with each fight.

Michael Chiesa-Tons of heart and, like Bermudez, improves with each fight. He's a bright prospect.

Wanderlei Silva-Probably the first fighter I saw who got me invested in the sport. Plus, he brings it every time and always puts on a war.

Travis Brown-It seems like we see a highlight reel knockout every time he steps in the cage.

Junior dos Santos-IMO, the most entertaining heavyweight on the roster.

Dennis Bermudez-He puts in a great fight every time he steps in the cage and he seems to improve with each fight.

Michael Chiesa-Tons of heart and, like Bermudez, improves with each fight. He's a bright prospect.

Very solid list. All guys I enjoy watching fight, even if none were on my own list. Browne has perfected those elbows from the cage, and it will be extremely interesting to see him against Werdum and see if he can keep upright against the cage long enough to hit those when Werdum goes for the takedown. One thing is for sure, no one is going to leave their head in the cradle very long up against the cage working for the takedown after what he did to Barnett.

I like Browne. I think he'll take the fight by knock out, but it wouldn't shock me if Werdum won by submission if the fight gets on the ground and stays for a while. I haven't seen Browne's ground game in a while, so we'll see.

Ken Shamrock when I started watching. He was at the top of his game at the time and he was just a beast. Kind of wish he would of left MMA years ago because it's tarnished his legacy.

Wanderlei Silva: How could you not like this guy, he was an absolute animal in Pride. One of the most exciting fighters ever and one of the best of all time. Truly loved watching him fight.

Chuck Liddel: My all time favorite. Arguably UFC's first true superstar. I remember when people would say he was the Mike Tyson of MMA and he was. So many KO's during his prime and all his fights were exciting, especially his trilogy with Randy Couture

randy couture such a class act always seem to do the impossible .I still remember his fight with silva .He exercise book it also very good .

Fighters who are currently fighting conor mcgregor good and exciting fighter and suppose to be a really cool guy in real life.My brother spared with him once up in dublin( got he ass handed to him :) ) seems that where he does all his training .Very down to earth from what i heard

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira- he is real tough man. healthy as horse, granite chin, great BJJ skills and solid stand up. unfortunately after those nasty injuries it all went down :|
GSP- amazing athlete- for me the best in UFC, so well-rounded
Jon Jones- unpredictable, he just goes with flow... no idea what he will do, but it will be shocking and effective ;]

EDIT:

Sean Sherk- he has one of the most interesting fights

I have to go with Anderson Silva. He's the man that made me want to do martial arts, all of his fights were spectacular. Number 2 would be Jon Jones, same as Silva, a spectacular fighter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have great fondness for Jose Aldo-- both WEC and UFC. In the wec, I saw a kid with so much athleticism, explosiveness, and recklessness. Seriously, the guy was a monster. Now in the ufc I admire him even more. He's become a lot smarter and has evolved a lot. Some may argue that he plays it safe now, that he plays conservative. Its true, but its such a sight watching him pick his opponents apart and making world class fighters look bad. His technique is beautiful and his cerebral approach makes him so efficient. I cant wait to see how the rest of his career pays out.

1) Donald Cerrone- Always puts on an amazing preformance and is very technical

2) Phil Davis- Overall great guy, funny, and an amazing fighter

3) Travis Browne- Always finds a way to win and has a huge heart

4) John Dodson- Funny as well as lightning quick with huge knockout power

5) Carlos Condit- Similar to Cerrone except a little bit heavier, Natural Born Killer

• Upvote 1

1) Donald Cerrone- Always puts on an amazing preformance and is very technical

2) Phil Davis- Overall great guy, funny, and an amazing fighter

3) Travis Browne- Always finds a way to win and has a huge heart

4) John Dodson- Funny as well as lightning quick with huge knockout power

5) Carlos Condit- Similar to Cerrone except a little bit heavier, Natural Born Killer

That's an excellent and diverse list except I would replace Dodson with Mighty Mouse.