Your Favorite Fighters And Why

Scooby

I have been watching UFC past events that were before i started watching MMA and i have started to find a few fighters that i liked, so i wondered who is everyone's favorite 5 (or so) fighters hopefully in order...(Besides Anderson) and why.

1) Mr Wonderful Phil Davis- Awesome athlete and grappler which i am partial to, impressed by his dedication to get better especially in his striking, created a fighter after him

2) Johny Hendricks- Two Words... KNOCKOUT POWER

3) Ronda Rousey- I know i will get hate for this but it is what it is, Biggest competitor ever. She is also not just an excellent fighter but a great athlete and she showed it against Meisha in her last fight, its like shes an animal

4) Tim Kennedy- Never really seems frazzled, always in great shape and has great technique with a solid gameplan.

5) Roy Nelson- Great knockout power but even better grappler which is usually underestimated, looks like he cant do what he does.

6) Demetrious Johnson- Has elite skills in almost every facet of his game, if he existed on Tycoon he would be a 15/15/15 Blackbelt (Not because he has one but he has submitted multiple blackbelts) P4P #1 in my book.

Honorable mention - Vitor Belfort (F'ing Crazy) Uriyah Faber (Fun to watch) Tyrone Woodley (KOs) Jimi Manuai and Jessica Pena (Will to win- yeah i said it)

Dan henderson - ko power plus iron chin

Lorenz Larkin- Nice guy and a really fun striker

Fabricio Werdum- top 3 bjj in mma and amazing striking.

Jacare- scary scary fighter

Bobby Green- great lw. always an exciting fight. likes to prove that he is a great fighter. loves to entertain the fans

Rampage Jackson- I was always a PRIDE guy and my friends where all about the UFC enough said.

Tyron Woodley- I seen everyone of his fights since he was on Strikeforce

Alexander Gustafsson- I love the way he moves around the cage, plus after Dana Whites comments on his trunks for his first fight in UFC you have to love him

Robbie Lawler- We grew up fifteen minutes away from eachother, and one grade apart. Never meet him but always heard the name coming from the ill side.

Dan Henderson- Goes back to my PRIDE days

Here's my favorite fighters:

1. Urijah Faber: Lighter weight classes are always high pace and exciting to see fight. He keeps a relentless pace and works hard. Even though he's lost all title shots since '08 he's a phenom in the lighter divisions

2. Alistair Overeem: Even though he hasn't had that good of luck in the UFC, he's due for a good run. He was amazing in Strikeforce, Pride and even in K1. He may be having a tough time but I believe he will be on fire soon.

3. Bobby Lashley: Liked the transition from wrestler to fighter. And ever since he started fighting, he has been an absolute beast!

4. Vitor Belfort- He's a great stand up fighter and can knock people out with his fists as well as kicks. And has great BJJ skills but prefers stand up

5. Dan Hardy- Even though he is inactive dealing with heart complications, he has a lot of guts and never backs down from a challenge.

Jon Jones - hated by everyone, loved by me. P4P greatest, the way he utilises his technique and dominates his opponents is great to watch. Has a likeable personality (for myself), and is obviously a baller.

Diaz bros - loudmouthed but back it up, I find them to be entertaining both in and out of the cage. Their stupid excuses, "ufc are full of shit", "wolf tickets" are just amusing to me. Love nate's BJJ and Nick's dirty boxing

Jake Shields - determined. Is quite likely the 3rd best WW of all time. Boring style, but I like it that he neutralises every opponent.

Chael Sonnen - fan of his antics, always brings it and I find him hilarious. One of my first favourite fighters.

Dominick Cruz - great style of boxing, amazing footwork. He also mixes his takedowns in well and is generally well-spoken. Gutted about him being so injury prone.

Luke Rockhold - Seems like a great guy and I love his style of fighting, probably something that I would employ if I was a fighter.

bonus:

Ilir Latifi - hometown fighter

Lyoto Machida - Many people don't like his style, but having trained Shotokan for many years I enjoy the counter striking aspect and not winging punches like a wild man.

Dong Hyun Kim - Always comes to fight. Doesn't back down from any challenge and makes fights exciting.

Edson Barboza - Do I really need to explain???

Ben Henderson - He is humble no matter how the fight goes and gives back to the community. Plus he's a comic nerd that can kick some ass.

Urijah Faber: Hometown guy

I live in sacramento n he trains down the street from my house, met him a few times while he was champ in the WEC

Forrest Griffin: Always an entertaining fighter

Carlos Condit has never been in a boring fight in his life (I thorougly enjoy the Diaz fight and I vaguely remember him making Jake Shields sorta watchable). I became a fan after watching his fight with Miura in the WEC, and have followed his UFC career with baited breath since.

I originally came from traditional martial arts myself, and I've spent a lot of time sparring and training with competition karate guys (shotokan, shito-ryu etc). Machida managed to make their weird crap work in a full contact setting and moved like a cartoon character, which was awesome.

Alexander Gustafsson is the closest I'll come to a "hometown hero" in high level MMA for a while. I really enjoy his style and he genuinely seems like a nice guy outside of the cage as well.

JDS also makes the list. I love that guy in a very heterosexual and manly way, and I hope he never fights Cain again. :(

Nick & Nate Diaz - entertaining, unpredictable, and funny. Even Nick made Carlos laugh in the middle of the fight. "So we're throwing spinny shit now?!".

Korean Zombie - entertaining, zombie style FTW.

Mark Hunt - heart and chin.

Palhares - just look forward to him ripping somebody's leg off.

Gegard Mousasi - calm, cool, collected. Technique.

• Upvote 1

• Dan Henderson
  • Wanderlei Silva
  • B.J. Penn
  • Jose Aldo
  • Jens Pulver

These fighters are all tough and willing to fight anyone. They've all provided some of the best fights that MMA has ever seen.

• Upvote 1

• Dan Henderson
  • Wanderlei Silva
  • B.J. Penn
  • Jose Aldo
  • Jens Pulver

These fighters are all tough and willing to fight anyone. They've all provided some of the best fights that MMA has ever seen.

Agree with Wanderlei Silva. One of my favorite fighters to watch. But he's not one of my favorite fighters, frequently rooting against him (Stann, Le, Franklin, Jackson, Liddell, Henderson)

Jon Jones - reason for being an mma fan. Very unpredictable fighter

Edson Barbosa - reason why i trained muay thai

Cain velasquez - always entertaining to watch

Lyoto machida - i started my first prospects in his likings (counter striker)

Demetrious Johnson - always feel dizzy watching this guy (speed and quickness)

Jose Aldo - always entertaining to watch

Shinya Aoki - who doesn't love gogoplatas, arm breaking hammer locks and flying submissions?

Takanori Gomi (pride era) - right hook of doom and had some absolute wars back in the day.

Diaz brothers - both are just there to fight. They don't care about all the drama and just show up to throw down, both have great boxing and nasty Jiu Jitsu.

Diego Sanchez - the ultimate 'just bleed' fighter.

Vitor Belfort - he's just an absolute killer, TRT has just jacked him up even more and he looks better than ever even though he is in the end of his career.

Jon Jones - the guy is a puzzle. People started doubting him after the Gustafson fight, but he is arguably the most dominant champion in the UFC at the minute, and is one of the best fighters of this generation whether you love him or hate him.

Carlos Condit- This guy is always exciting and looking for a finish constantly. Plus he has a great chin.

Anthony Pettis- I think this guy's striking is amazing and the best in his division and some of the best in MMA period.

Lyoto Machida- I just enjoy watching him counter his opponents and not getting hit with much.

GSP- This guy in my opinion is the greatest mma fighter of all time and enjoy watching him dominate one of the deepest divisions in mma.

Frankie Edgar- He's always in great fights and has a ton of heart.

Diego "The Nightmare" Sanchez- No explanation needed.

1. shogun rua - warrior

2. fedor - warrior

2 1/2. sakuraba - warrior

3. rory mac - warrior

4. Korean zombie - Warrior

5. jimi manuwa - warrior

6. gus - warrior

7. hon hones - warrior

8. chris leben - warrior

9. Max holloway - warrior

10. Barao - warrior

no particular order

• Upvote 1

I still have a soft spot for Dan Severn. Even at his age he never stopped fighting. He was a pioneer in the sport and helped put wrestling on the MMA map. Old school Mark Kerr prior to headbutts getting banned as well.

Modern day I don't have any that stand out quite that much, but Joe Lauzon has a great work ethic and is fun to watch.

• Upvote 1

In no particular order

Frank Dux- Umm.. Bloodsport. Need I say More!

Lyoto Machida- Smart fighter/ awesome striking and sumo skills lol

Wanderlei Silva- Fun to watch no doubt/always brings it

Both Diaz bros- They may talk crap but they for most part always show due respect after the fight

Rampage Jackson the pride years- Those slams man

Fedor Emelianenko- Never count him out/ When he got slammed by Randleman I thought it was a wrap

Anderson Silva- Probably the sickest striker ever

Donald "silver spoon" Cerrone- Love this guys standup game and no fear attitude

Brock Lesnar- He trains out of Alexandria (I'm a Homer) plus he's a character

Jon Jones- He's ran through so many ex champs. The guy's 2 inches taller then me and has 10 1/2 inches of reach on me. Crazy!

Chuck Liddell- Sprawl and brawl/ko power with any appendage

Cung Le- Cool kicks

Chris Weidman- Complete mma fighter

Jose Aldo- Can't wait to see him @155/maybe he wont gas out as much

There's so many more, and I could do this all day.

I still have a soft spot for Dan Severn. Even at his age he never stopped fighting. He was a pioneer in the sport and helped put wrestling on the MMA map. Old school Mark Kerr prior to headbutts getting banned as well.

Modern day I don't have any that stand out quite that much, but Joe Lauzon has a great work ethic and is fun to watch.

Love me some Dan Severn. I watched the first 10 or so UFC'S on vhs. Severn,Shamrock and Frye were my faves.

The open weight tourneys were super sweet!

• Upvote 1