ITFL Season 4 Official Sign Up Thread

GBK16

If it ain't broke don't fix it..

This has been hands down the best tourney in the game, I get that you still want to keep it going but these rule changes and tweaks on it are horrible when you think of how this format works.

Take for instance the weight - for starters any fights 205lb and up are boring as fuck who can gas who first..

The rule about multiple weights over/under - that takes just about every single strategy out from picking the match ups as now you are limited.

The draft isn't a bad idea for the left over fighters but this was about promoting business' at first so that shouldn't change.

What I'm trying to say guys is don't ruin these tourney just for the sake of running another one

• Upvote 4

If it ain't broke don't fix it..

This has been hands down the best tourney in the game, I get that you still want to keep it going but these rule changes and tweaks on it are horrible when you think of how this format works.

Take for instance the weight - for starters any fights 205lb and up are boring as fuck who can gas who first..

The rule about multiple weights over/under - that takes just about every single strategy out from picking the match ups as now you are limited.

The draft isn't a bad idea for the left over fighters but this was about promoting business' at first so that shouldn't change.

What I'm trying to say guys is don't ruin these tourney just for the sake of running another one

You know what, the more I read this post, the more I actually found myself agreeing with you.

Gonna put up a poll for a specific weight class for this tournament to be for everyone to vote on, and try to keep it more to it's traditional format rather than adding anything unnecessarily extra on top. You will have to delete your vote from the ID poll in order to vote on the weight class.

• Upvote 1

So 225k and we vote for the weight class?

man, fingers crossed that it's 155lbs or lower, then I can join!! :D

these lower weight classes are far more interesting, because a lucky punch that ends the fight is far less likely. It seems to me that lower weight classes come down more to sliders than the higher divisions

Some one said we should not be able to enter a fighter again. Are we going to be able to? In the last one Bernhard Adelhard lost most of his fights to guys that were a lot better skilled than him, he was a lot younger than most. If he can enter again at 155, and I can get him released I want in on Bjorn's team if he has an opening.

Tried to post a link to him but didn't let me.

The guy I have and would be interested in entering if able to find a team would be 205, and 185 on a stretch but if it is 155 I am out. First year it looked like I could finally enter a guy who might do some damage in this thing but based on the voting looks like I could be on the outside looking in

I wouldn't be able to be in it if it is over 155. This way you could still use guys at 135 and 145 also. I like the idea of the smaller guys, then next time do 185 or 205. That way people can plan their builds if they want in. But the problem is something like this will never make everyone happy. I just got the OK to put Bernhard in so if 155, you already have 1 guy. Looking for a little revenge for last time!

Grant you should make this Poll a multipile choice. I have fighters for different weightclasses, so i would like to vote for more then one weightclass. Maybe this helps out the voting.

I thought I already had it set to that, just made the change to it now.

yeah 155 or lower and i can't enter, hence why i suggested the duel weight class thing. Getting 40 under 155ers, at 225 or 230k will be near impossible.

I'd be cool with 2 weight classes, with teams requiring to have 2 of one weight and 3 of another

Some one said we should not be able to enter a fighter again. Are we going to be able to? In the last one Bernhard Adelhard lost most of his fights to guys that were a lot better skilled than him, he was a lot younger than most. If he can enter again at 155, and I can get him released I want in on Bjorn's team if he has an opening.

Tried to post a link to him but didn't let me.

I think only like 6 fighters from the previous season are in this ID range, and I don't have an issue with seeing repeat contenders if they still match the criteria

The guy I have and would be interested in entering if able to find a team would be 205, and 185 on a stretch but if it is 155 I am out. First year it looked like I could finally enter a guy who might do some damage in this thing but based on the voting looks like I could be on the outside looking in

For me, it's just the other way around. I can only enter if it's 155lbs or lower. It would be the first time that I can join ITFL as well.

Last ITFL was 170, so why not in the spirits of moving up the ID also move up the weightclass to 185 or 205. Wasn't a previous ITFL already at that lower weight classes?

What do you guys think about running it so each team has to have a quota of 155 guys and say 205 guys?

What do you guys think about running it so each team has to have a quota of 155 guys and say 205 guys?

That takes away some of the strategy and excitement of picking fights so I'm on the fence about this. Sometimes you cant please all of the people all of the time. I say this knowing that it will probably be the 205 guys that I am in favor of seeing losing out in this case since more people have voted for 155.

That takes away some of the strategy and excitement of picking fights so I'm on the fence about this. Sometimes you cant please all of the people all of the time. I say this knowing that it will probably be the 205 guys that I am in favor of seeing losing out in this case since more people have voted for 155.

We need more poeple to vote!!!!

I mean so far one side cant, join when the other side gets what weightclass they want. This will leave people unhappy no matter what!

Most of the Manager will see to get a fighter when this thing is decided. So only a few decide here so far anyway.

Cant we pull more poeple into this vote somehow??????

It might be a bit tricky to do the picks with, but why not. 3 205'ers and then the rest 155'ers can work, though the whole team in the same weightclass would be best.

I changed my vote to 185/205/265+, I still don't mind openweight personally.

Actually with the drafting process it increases the strategy behind it, it means that the teams getting picked you can pick a monster bigger guys to try and carry you or a couple of mighty midgets and hope one of the bigger guys can do the damage.

It will still be interesting with the picks, and the home team would still have a clear advantage. It might fuck up the individual aspect of the tournament, but then again you can just do the top 8 from each smaller and bigger and half the prize money.

Actually with the drafting process it increases the strategy behind it, it means that the teams getting picked you can pick a monster bigger guys to try and carry you or a couple of mighty midgets and hope one of the bigger guys can do the damage.

It will still be interesting with the picks, and the home team would still have a clear advantage. It might fuck up the individual aspect of the tournament, but then again you can just do the top 8 from each smaller and bigger and half the prize money.

Yea I get what you are saying, the draft would certainly be interesting with two sets of weights but I agree more with Stu on the fight picks round by round.