25yo No Training Amateur League

listerman

The Amateur League is underway, and you can still join the league! As long as you compete 8 times within the season limit (roughly 16 events total), you qualify for the playoffs and a shot at the grand prize.

Just a reminder that matchups are totally random, nothing is based on hype/pop. You will never fight the same fighter twice in a season.

Join us now, it's just the beginning of a long journey!

It's no training, so you can join in a couple weeks from now and you will still be at the same level of everyone else. Ain't that great?

• Upvote 2

The Amateur League is underway, and you can still join the league! As long as you compete 8 times within the season limit (roughly 16 events total), you qualify for the playoffs and a shot at the grand prize.

Just a reminder that matchups are totally random, nothing is based on hype/pop. You will never fight the same fighter twice in a season.

Join us now, it's just the beginning of a long journey!

It's no training, so you can join in a couple weeks from now and you will still be at the same level of everyone else. Ain't that great?

Super great!

• 3 weeks later...

Packin Paulie: "Woooooooo! What a fight! I gotta give it up to my opponent over there...Tony Riot man...he's a beast! Yeah, he definitely wanted that fight on the ground, but I wasn't havin' that and the crowd man, the crowd wanted to see us bang baby! And that's what we did. Man, I gave Tony shot after shot, and he took it and just kept coming...the man's just got no quit. I swear some of those shots woulda dropped a friggin' gorilla, but not that man. The third round came, he was winded, and I finally dropped a bomb on Tony that sent him to a knee man...and I was just thinking, 'Finally! Was beginning to think that guy just won't go down...', and then ya know what? He didn't. He got himself right back up and took some more. Well, the crowd loved that shit. I say let's do it again, that was fun!...but it's not meant to be for now. For all you fellas that gotta face Tony in the future, you better damned hope he don't get you on the ground, cause that man's got some heart."

• Upvote 2

Packin Paulie: "Woooooooo! What a fight! I gotta give it up to my opponent over there...Tony Riot man...he's a beast! Yeah, he definitely wanted that fight on the ground, but I wasn't havin' that and the crowd man, the crowd wanted to see us bang baby! And that's what we did. Man, I gave Tony shot after shot, and he took it and just kept coming...the man's just got no quit. I swear some of those shots woulda dropped a friggin' gorilla, but not that man. The third round came, he was winded, and I finally dropped a bomb on Tony that sent him to a knee man...and I was just thinking, 'Finally! Was beginning to think that guy just won't go down...', and then ya know what? He didn't. He got himself right back up and took some more. Well, the crowd loved that shit. I say let's do it again, that was fun!...but it's not meant to be for now. For all you fellas that gotta face Tony in the future, you better damned hope he don't get you on the ground, cause that man's got some heart."

Tony riot: welp I think I just found the one soul who could go the entire distance with me. Props paulie props

• Upvote 2

The season's next event will be the deadline for any new fighters interested in Season 1 of the Amateur League.

After Amateur League 104 on January 21st, any new fighters will not qualify for the playoffs, but will still be able to participate in the league.

This means that all fighters that will fight on January 21st will be on the season's official rankings, and the top 8 will make the playoffs.

Looking forward to see which fighter will be the best Amateur fighter in the world!

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Need your feedback for Season 2. I know Season 1 is just about halfway through, but I'm just planning a little in advance.

Right now, matchups are 100% random, and you don't fight the same guy twice in a season.

What about Season 2, we create matchups based on hype/pop?

The reason for this is, I like random matchups, but it creates zero rivalry. I wouldn't want to see the same 2-3 fighters always at the top battling each others over and over again, but we could have a rule like "you need a 3 fight win streak for a title shot", and no immediate rematch of course.

It's something to think about, I'd like the league to stay around for as long as I can, and I'd like something solid that everyone can enjoy.

I'm also open to any other suggestions.

Need your feedback for Season 2. I know Season 1 is just about halfway through, but I'm just planning a little in advance.

Right now, matchups are 100% random, and you don't fight the same guy twice in a season.

What about Season 2, we create matchups based on hype/pop?

The reason for this is, I like random matchups, but it creates zero rivalry. I wouldn't want to see the same 2-3 fighters always at the top battling each others over and over again, but we could have a rule like "you need a 3 fight win streak for a title shot", and no immediate rematch of course.

It's something to think about, I'd like the league to stay around for as long as I can, and I'd like something solid that everyone can enjoy.

I'm also open to any other suggestions.

Right now, I think I'm way more interested in it because of how it is rather than like just any other league out there. I like knowing that my guys are going to face off against a wide variety of the others during the season and he's going to be tested all around, not just get stuck after a loss or two or a win or two at a certain tier in the rankings and face only certain guys. For this, I'm not looking for rivalries so much. I love that when a guy like Riot starts off and goes on a tear and starts "jawin'" (which I love) that you start looking forward to when your guy comes up to get a shot at him along with all the others.

Here is something that comes to my mind:

At the middle of regular season, you can split the fighters into two divisions. Top 6 ranked fighters go to division 1 where they fight against each other in order to get better ranking for the playoffs. Rest fighters go to division 2 where they fight each other for the last two remaining playoff spots.

I think it would be fun and could provide better matchups with similar hype/pop.

• Downvote 1

@Hare, makes sense, thanks a lot for the input! I agree with that, random matchups will stay.

@ovo, I do like the idea of splitting into 2 divisions, but I would be more towards something like, first half of the ranking goes into Div A, second half goes into Div B, then those 2 divisions are their own, meaning the top 4 of each divs makes it to the playoffs. I don't like the idea of having a "guaranteed playoff spot" for the first 6 fighters at the season half.

Could easily be developed into something, since my idea is easy to take advantage of. Lose on purpose, get put into Div B, win all fights afterwards. Stupid, but this game is full of people like that :P

@Hare, makes sense, thanks a lot for the input! I agree with that, random matchups will stay.

@ovo, I do like the idea of splitting into 2 divisions, but I would be more towards something like, first half of the ranking goes into Div A, second half goes into Div B, then those 2 divisions are their own, meaning the top 4 of each divs makes it to the playoffs. I don't like the idea of having a "guaranteed playoff spot" for the first 6 fighters at the season half.

Could easily be developed into something, since my idea is easy to take advantage of. Lose on purpose, get put into Div B, win all fights afterwards. Stupid, but this game is full of people like that :P

Whatever ovo says basically just run it the other way and you’ll be ok

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Whatever ovo says basically just run it the other way and you’ll be ok

So here I am, trying to get serious feedback from something you're not part of, and you come in, like a fucking cbomb for absolutely no reason. I've seriously never seen such a fucking loser in my whole life.

I don't know what you're trying to accomplish, but seriously, get a fucking life.

• Upvote 8

Updated rankings after today's event.
Next event will be in 2 weeks, to give all fighters (but mine) time to recover. 1 fighter has 13 days injury, mine has 16, so mine will fight injured, bring it on!

Note: will wait a few days to set up the event, want to give managers time to sack fighters if needed. Any new fighters from now on will not qualify for playoffs.

4a7f96c92f77a96892a9a32d2e76d0a0.png

• Upvote 3

Amateur League - A path towards health issues

For those who are unfamiliar with the concept, the Amateur League is a home for out of shape fighters, who are looking to fight for money, without the professional training and coaching. It’s not meant for everyone, because it relies a lot on your natural talent and abilities to fight.

We followed one of the competitors closely since the league began, and we were quite astonished by the outcome of his health and personal life changes.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/17/17w4.jpg

Nick Virtanen, former hard working carpenter from Finland, had a dream of becoming a skilled mixed martial artist. He began training at a young age, but never had an actual fight. We asked Nick to take a picture on his last day at the gym, before officially signing up for the Amateur League, and we then asked for a picture about a week ago, after week 4 of the league, and here is the results.

Untitled-1.jpg

As you can see, we noted quite the opposite of improvements in terms of his physique, and after a brief interview, we realized that it was more than just a physical change.

Nick Virtanen: “I knew what I was getting into when I signed the contract. My wife was a bit skeptical, but when she saw the numbers, she was all for it. I was in great shape before it began, and I felt good. Right now, I have a broken hand, which won’t have completely healed for the next fight, and I feel like shit mentally, since my wife has been distant in the past couple weeks. I don’t regret signing up, even if it means my wife leaving me. If she was only with my for my abs, she go can elsewhere, I’ll have the money to impress another one.”

We will be following more of Nick’s progress (if we can call that progress) for the rest of the league and we will share any other findings.

• Upvote 6

Yes its still going on. I always wait a few days after an event to give guys time to make decisions to sack or not.

Next event will be created shortly. I may have to find another org to hold the league soon, but we are fine for now.

Gotcha, just double checking. I saw that all the other fighters in the org besides the amateur league ones were let go so i was unsure of what was going on. Thanks for clearing that up :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

The League is now down to 13 fighters, looks like the interest dropped quite fast, which could have been expected since fighters are never perfect enough for most managers.

The top 8 playoffs spots are now easier to reach, so keep it up, we're almost there.

I'll be booking the next round today, we have a fighter at 6 days injury, so I'll make the event the day after he's 100%.

Edit: Updated rankings:

6bb695e28473b192e5817872f55e5055.png

• Upvote 1

The League is now down to 13 fighters, looks like the interest dropped quite fast, which could have been expected since fighters are never perfect enough for most managers.

The top 8 playoffs spots are now easier to reach, so keep it up, we're almost there.

I'll be booking the next round today, we have a fighter at 6 days injury, so I'll make the event the day after he's 100%.

Edit: Updated rankings:

6bb695e28473b192e5817872f55e5055.png

4-2...hmm could be better like 6-0 but still perfect in my book