I tried making avatars!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 SebRoyale

SebRoyale

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Playing Guitar, singing and mma. oh, and they guy in my pfp ain't me
  • Manager Profile

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:33 AM

Hey, so yesterday I decided that I wanted to start making avatars. I tried using photoshop but it's just extremely hard to use so until I learn how to use it I decided to use my mobile photo editor (PicsArt) I want opinions (good or bad just be honest) it was relatively  easy to do because i'm kinda familiar with PicsArt.  SUXo1M.jpg the resizing of the picture obviously made the quality worse.

#2 The1rstSaint

The1rstSaint

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 4,267 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:59 AM

Looks pretty decent and definitely one that should be approved quite easily since your using mostly the game pic face. Little heavy shading around the neck but i like it.

Camp-League.jpg

#3 SebRoyale

SebRoyale

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Playing Guitar, singing and mma. oh, and they guy in my pfp ain't me
  • Manager Profile

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:27 AM

Looks pretty decent and definitely one that should be approved quite easily since your using mostly the game pic face. Little heavy shading around the neck but i like it.

Thanks, appreciate it!

#4 imcool

imcool

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:38 AM

Ye it's not too bad.

1542546360The_Stepdads.png

#5 SebRoyale

SebRoyale

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 98 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:32 PM

Ye it's not too bad.

thanks!

#6 imcool

imcool

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:52 PM

I'd recommend GIMP as an alternative for PhotoShop.  Might be a little easier to learn.

#7 Jackking

Jackking

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 669 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:21 PM

Nice job!

#8 HareRumpler

HareRumpler

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:44 PM

I'd recommend GIMP as an alternative for PhotoShop.  Might be a little easier to learn.

Same.

#9 SebRoyale

SebRoyale

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 98 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:00 PM

I tried it, still really hard to use and there's only one tutorial on youtube about creating avatars which is not that great!

#10 imcool

imcool

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:15 PM

I tried it, still really hard to use and there's only one tutorial on youtube about creating avatars which is not that great!

I've learned purely off youtube videos too.  Search for things like "replacing a background", "replacing/merging a face", and so on.  You will find what you need.  I did.

#11 HareRumpler

HareRumpler

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:17 PM

I would avoid looking too specific when it comes to tutorials, and go more with general concepts.  There are a lot of tutorials that apply, but you have to go with something less specific.  If you're still learning about layers and basic usage, stick to those.  If you're looking for information on applying alpha channels, layer masks, etc. go with those.  For instance, there is a tutorial specifically for how to swap one face onto another.  If you understand the basics of graphics tools when it comes to layers and such (and even if you don't, you can figure it out from the instruction in this tutorial) you should be able to follow along and use that as a basis for what you'd do with a base avatar's face and then another underlying image that you're applying it to.

Try this one:  https://www.youtube....h?v=rtDmP8aHZlI

Hope that helps.

#12 barney

barney

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:Sports physician. Guitar player. Super Troll. Major asshole.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:00 PM

I tried GIMP when I started my clothing store back in the good golden days of MMATycoon. Did not like it. Its not as intuitive, neither as good as PS.

I ended up geting a le piratte version of Photoshop. Also, at least at that time, the PS community was bigger and video/text lessons were easier to find.

#13 SebRoyale

SebRoyale

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 98 posts
  • Manager Profile

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:20 PM

I would avoid looking too specific when it comes to tutorials, and go more with general concepts.  There are a lot of tutorials that apply, but you have to go with something less specific.  If you're still learning about layers and basic usage, stick to those.  If you're looking for information on applying alpha channels, layer masks, etc. go with those.  For instance, there is a tutorial specifically for how to swap one face onto another.  If you understand the basics of graphics tools when it comes to layers and such (and even if you don't, you can figure it out from the instruction in this tutorial) you should be able to follow along and use that as a basis for what you'd do with a base avatar's face and then another underlying image that you're applying it to.

Try this one:  https://www.youtube....h?v=rtDmP8aHZlI

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot, man! This is really helping me out.

#14 HareRumpler

HareRumpler

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 452 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:16 PM

I tried GIMP when I started my clothing store back in the good golden days of MMATycoon. Did not like it. Its not as intuitive, neither as good as PS.

I ended up geting a le piratte version of Photoshop. Also, at least at that time, the PS community was bigger and video/text lessons were easier to find.

Agreed, but I'm not a fan of sticky finger acquisitions and without going that method PS can be pricey where Gimp is free.  So that's the only reason I've gone this route over the years...I cheap! haha.

#15 barney

barney

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:Sports physician. Guitar player. Super Troll. Major asshole.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:40 PM

Thats why I first tried GIMP as well.... But it just felt really clumsy and poor to me. To a point I'd rather risk infecting my PC getting a Pirratè version of photoshop

#16 bobloblaw

bobloblaw

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:13 PM

Pretty cool

#17 Monsieur.Camara

Monsieur.Camara

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,515 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:55 PM

Love the avatar !

1534123118FARTMMA.jpg

#18 HareRumpler

HareRumpler

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 452 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:51 PM

Nothing like responding to a thread from 2 and a half months ago just for the spin and win credits eh?   :ph34r:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: avatars, mma, custom

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users