WHY THE HELL are auto-flights booked when LOCATIONS IS OFF??!!

Locations for fights should be off permanently

I'm not gonna lie, it makes things so much easier and I'm quite enjoying it... And it'll suck once they're back on and there's more to manage.

But that's kind of the point isn't it? To have a realistic MMA sim?

The top fighter in North America shouldn't be able to zap over to face the best offering from Japan. Superfights have a place and a time, and should feel special.

The fighters themselves have homes, gyms, training camps, etc that they'd have to leave behind. Either that or set up shop at the location of the fight weeks in advance. Taking that completely out of the world's biggest MMA sim seems wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

I'm not gonna lie, it makes things so much easier and I'm quite enjoying it... And it'll suck once they're back on and there's more to manage.

But that's kind of the point isn't it? To have a realistic MMA sim?

The top fighter in North America shouldn't be able to zap over to face the best offering from Japan. Superfights have a place and a time, and should feel special.

The fighters themselves have homes, gyms, training camps, etc that they'd have to leave behind. Either that or set up shop at the location of the fight weeks in advance. Taking that completely out of the world's biggest MMA sim seems wrong.

No MMA video game or MMA simulation in the history of mankind has included flying your fighters to fights. It's not enjoyable. It's not cool. It's not entertaining. It shouldn't be a feature. Bad enough we already have to change our fighters clothes.

DQ's, No Contest, Drug suspension, Steroid Suspension, shady judges/reffing, injuries training, fighters pulling out of fights, all happen in real life MMA.. you want to add those features too? Some shit just doesn't belong in a game.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

shady judges/reffing

Agree with the rest, just wanted to point out that this is already an annoying feature of the game lol.

Judges in MMA Tycoon are real characters with personality traits that affect their judging ability.

Each location has a pool of judges with some good, some bad and some terrible judges. It's down to you as users to figure out which is which but in all honesty, there's not a lot you can do about it once you know who the terrible judges are because the MMA Tycoon Athletic Commission, in their infinite wisdom, don't seem to want to sack the rubbish judges anyway. Oh well, what can you do, eh??

Source

Agree with the rest, just wanted to point out that this is already an annoying feature of the game lol.

Source

Incompetent. But not shady.

Bad judging is different than shady judging. Shady judges are bribed and swayed by org owners and people with money or special interest in certain victors or hometown favorites.

And there isn't any reffing at all.

DQ's, No Contest, Drug suspension, Steroid Suspension, shady judges/reffing, injuries training, fighters pulling out of fights, all happen in real life MMA.. you want to add those features too?

DQs and No Contests have happened before in MMA Tycoon.

Same for shitty judges. Same for fighters trying to duck opponents. People deal with it.

Now, if we'd never had flights - and Mike decided on a whim to add them, I'd probably be on your side.

But as it stands, it was a core feature of the game that broke and was stripped away, and we're all just taking advantage. I stand by my points about actually having to plan for international fights.

some shit just doesnt belong in a game

And some shit does.

• Downvote 2

Kind of weird how the first time around, it was CK wanting to "fix the game" and now it's CK blatantly wanting to keep part of it broken.

Stay a few years, you'll understand eventually.. might take you 5 years but the game isn't exactly popping with veterans anymore. you know why? CK knows why. Come back in a few years and you'll know why too

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Get rid of the damn locations, they a total waste of time, like a lot of things in the game.......................................such as needing to reorder the fights according to hype/pop every week, why that is not done automatically i have no idea. It is usually tedious and boring things like putting fighters on planes that kills even the most disciplined of veterans.

• Upvote 2

No MMA video game or MMA simulation in the history of mankind has included flying your fighters to fights. It's not enjoyable. It's not cool. It's not entertaining. It shouldn't be a feature. Bad enough we already have to change our fighters clothes.

DQ's, No Contest, Drug suspension, Steroid Suspension, shady judges/reffing, injuries training, fighters pulling out of fights, all happen in real life MMA.. you want to add those features too? Some shit just doesn't belong in a game.

I AGREE 100%

• Upvote 1

Get rid of the damn locations, they a total waste of time, like a lot of things in the game.......................................such as needing to reorder the fights according to hype/pop every week, why that is not done automatically i have no idea. It is usually tedious and boring things like putting fighters on planes that kills even the most disciplined of veterans.

I almost quit the game because I had 15 fighters and had to change their GODAMM clothes all the time. Got an assistant and now I LOVE the game. Arranging flights, with the different time zones and everything for 15+ fighters. Am I after a degree in logistics or am I in it for the fun?

Population have EXPLODED with locations turned off, 90% of all people think it should be turned off, this is not a democracy but.... you have to respect the numbers. You just have to.

Flying should be required for training and other things.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like locations. I'd just prefer them to be flavor. Also necessary, and were kinda cool, for orgs and arena booking. When I first joined the game I was 'fascinated' with high street. I scoured high street looking at all the gyms and different clothing companies in different locations, but I also created fighters in different locations because public gyms were a thing and I wanted my guys to be in different orgs. It was different then lol.

Kind of weird how the first time around, it was CK wanting to "fix the game" and now it's CK blatantly wanting to keep part of it broken.

When you've waited an entire month for a fight that you're looking forward to, spent a while scouting your opponent, you've set the perfect sliders, and that day finally comes and you sign on with anticipation of the result, so you click on view pbp commentary, and you're waiting for something to load... and waiting... and you finally click on start fight even though the TOTT was missing:

Smokudju Womba did not make it to the correct location before the fight and as a result, his bout with Moses Diggs had to be cancelled.

So, because the bout was cancelled, Moses Diggs retains his title.

and that happens. come back to this thread.

and it isn't any more enjoyable when your fighter gets auto-flown to a location and takes a massive energy hit, almost guaranteeing a loss.

• Upvote 3

Whats your thoughts on us having to change grown mens shorts like theyre 3 years old billyrose

because right now youre getting whiny messages about their smelly shorts from 30 year olds with mensa level iq in this game

TBH I never would have added that to the game. You're right that it's ridiculous.

Thing is: Changing adult diapers is not in the job description of any real life manager. Booking flights is.

When you've waited an entire month for a fight that you're looking forward to, spent a while scouting your opponent, you've set the perfect sliders, and that day finally comes and you sign on with anticipation of the result, so you click on view pbp commentary, and you're waiting for something to load... and waiting... and you finally click on start fight even though the TOTT was missing:

Smokudju Womba did not make it to the correct location before the fight and as a result, his bout with Moses Diggs had to be cancelled.[/size]

So, because the bout was cancelled, Moses Diggs retains his title.[/size]

and that happens. come back to this thread.

We agree that there's issues, I'd just handle it differently than cutting out part of the game.

For example, if someone missed weight or simply neglected to show up, it shouldn't be a NC. It should be counted as a win for the guy who actually gave a shit.

• Downvote 1

Generally id agree with you but right now booking fights are menial busywork and doesnt add anything of value

If youre gonna base the game design on what rl managers do youd have an argument for cutting the slider and training system as well. Ive personally never heard of any fighter of any notoriety where the manager controlled any of those things.

My point is that weve sometimes got to make concessions to make the game fun to play. Right now i dont see how flights add anything except endless frustration

• Upvote 2